More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:25:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  customers problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: customers problem  (Read 3421 times)
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
customers problem
« on: 2006 July 26, 04:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i built a teen only hang out using cris lov?'s  red lady paintings.  it has food, drinks, bowling, a dance floor with disco and a kariokee machine.  previously it worked well for teens to meet other teens.  (if only i could do the same for children).    but im playing and like many other downtown areas and some in ofb,  suddenly no one is coming in. i get walk bys, but they dont ENTER.     and one lot in ofb is filled with games and game machines and tvs and stuff, and NO ONE will go in.  i cant build up a clientel because no one goes in and stays!  is there some kind of customer generator i can use?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: customers problem
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 26, 05:37:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's my visitor controller. Are these owned lots or just regular community lots? I'd need a little more info so I'd have some idea of where to start looking to see if there is a problem.

And yes, Pescado has a customer selector in the firing range.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 26, 07:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i have a standard problem with unowned downtown lots but i usually throw a bong in there to bring in customers.  maxis made lots seem to have a high level visitors, but the ones i make dont.  this was the same with sims1 downotown.   i actually havent checked owned downtown lots but i doubt there are any of them working better then pre-ofb.    secondly its most owned ofb lots, played either as a customer or owner.  the flower shop and the toyshop are exceptions, they get customers.  but the store with all the free entertaining stuff doesnt get any visitors, and this was before they reached a high level.  callientes flowers shop ALWAYS got customers.  i havent checked the non owned ones because it wasnt bothering me, but if you want me to give you feedback i can throw those in as well.  i'll pop the visitor controller in next for tomorrow night and let you know whats changed when i pop that in.   let me know anything you want me to test.   should i run your controller by iteself first or does it expect to run with businessrunsyou?   thanks for replying!

Life is tough.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 26, 07:33:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

twojeffs, i went through your hacks already loaded,  lots of them.  i tend to install them in a bunch and check only if its not working  right.  so i have VistiorController loaded and VisitorController - Community (as a unix person i always flinch when i see spaces in file names)  but probably there is something i need to do.  i search twice through new crap and old crap trying to find your thread to check for instructions, and im not finding it.  since my oxygen only runs about 94 please take pity and tell me where the link is?  oh, worse, im BLONDE.

Life is tough.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 26, 13:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the visitor controller to work properly, you need both of those files installed. BTW, I understand your thing with file names. It took me a long time to get over that. Smiley

The RTFM (which I see you found out what it means) is included in the zip archive with the hack files. Just redownload it if you don't still have it. The thread is here.

Owned business lots use a separate customer generator that the visitor controller doesn't 'control'. Pescado's customer selector fills in that gap nicely.
Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 28, 01:23:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use spaces in unix filesystems too - though it is more rare.  Just need to escape the special characters.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 28, 06:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you have to put quotes around each and every filename with a space or directory name with a space.  its a pain.  i had to redo a whole backup program because someone with a overlay for business stuff was writing filenames and worse, directory names, with spaces.  and i had to escape the quotes for a reason i cant remember now... i ended up with something like '\"${filename\"'  or was it the other way?  after five years disabled im forgetting stuff.

Life is tough.
Skaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 29, 00:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just put a backslash before the spaces.  File\ name\ with\ spaces.txt
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 29, 07:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me of the good old DOS days when I'd install games on the schools computer and add a space at the end of the directory names.  The computer guy never found out how to delete them.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: