More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 07:16:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  anyone recognise this error log?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: anyone recognise this error log?  (Read 9419 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
anyone recognise this error log?
« on: 2006 July 12, 14:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a series of error messages on a business lot saying something had to be a person not an object.  I had boolprop on - got a message on screen - hit reset - it came back several times.  Here's the start of a log file.  Does anyone recognise it or can anyone suggest what type of problem it is?  Best I can tell it doesn't know Dee is a person... well a sim teen anyway - she has no face at the moment as far as I can tell from afar, so maybe she is just a bit glitchy.  I think my hacks were all up to date and I don't have much that's non-awesome.

Build: 1.3.0.351
at May 25 2006,05:38:31

Object id: 96
name: Controller - Visitor
Stack size: 3
Error: Object referred to must be a person.
Iterations: 106
  Frame 2:
    Stack Object id: 96
    Stack Object name: Controller - Visitor
    Node: 10
    Tree: id 1242 name 'Shops - Finish At Register' version -32754
    from global
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 366    Locals: 0 4 265
  Frame 1:
    Stack Object id: 238
    Stack Object name: N002_User00140 - Dee
    Node: 27
    Tree: id 4140 name 'Kid Collection - Check for Kid Collection' version -32751
    from Controller_Visitor
    Params:    Locals: 96 0
  Frame 0:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 3
    Tree: id 4096 name 'Function - Main' version 27
    from Controller_Visitor
    Params:    Locals: 20

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Re: anyone recognise this error log?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 12, 16:14:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have twojeffs' visitor controller? I think kid collection may either be involved with that... or typically the phonehack. *shrugs*

It looks like something is incorrectly calling a shop bhav from the kid collection bhav. Are you using an older version of some hack? Or some hack that isn't compatible with your EPs?

ETA: Nevermind, I took a look at the actual code and it appears that it might actually be a bug.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 July 12, 23:02:10 by syberspunk » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 12, 16:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no visitor controller - though I put Jordi's version of the teleporter shrub in yesterday.
I think the hacks are up to date and they are almost all awesome.
I have base game and OFB only - I suppose the lack of Uni and NL could be the problem - that doesn't usually matter if I avoid obvious stupidity, but......
I can probably find it the hard way - I was just hoping someone would say "aha... thats...."   Taking stuff out and putting it back is aways tedious.  Thanks for looking though

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 12, 17:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... I actually peeked at the code. It looks like this is run on comm lots. It's supposed to find a cash register and supposedly push the interaction on the sim in question. I guess it's supposed to handle child and teenaged customers?

I'm not quite sure if this is an actual problem... it looks like it is trying to push the interaction onto the sim... which only works if the object running the stack is a sim. According to your log tho... it's the visitor controller. So... instead of pushing it on Me it really should be the object id that corresponds to the neighbor id that is fed into the Shops - Finish At Register BHAV as a param 0.

Probably, in most cases, Me is a sim... so it probably works most of the time and you don't notice a problem. But in this case, it's being pushed by the Visitor Controller.

If you don't understand any of that, just ignore it. I tend to babble on just for the sake of 'hearing' my own voice. Roll Eyes Anyways, I will attach a fix here. Let me know if it works for you. And if it does, then I will move it to the Peasantry as an actual fix.

Ste

File Moved Here
« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 08:58:05 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 13, 07:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is a bug, and your fix is correct Syber. Silly Maxis.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 July 13, 07:30:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay - I can't believe I found a real bug - it's usually something screwed up in my game....!  Thanks for the fix.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 July 13, 08:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for verifying this twojeffs and thanks cwykes for bringing it to our attention. I'll move this shortly to the Peasantry as an actual fix.

ETA:
I moved the file over to it's own official thread in the Peasantry. You can find it here. If you already have the fix, you don't need to redownload it. I haven't changed anything, but I did throw together an rtfm. Smiley

2nd Edit: Heh. Looks like Pescado beat me to it and already removed the old file and linked the new thread above. Tongue

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 July 13, 09:00:55 by syberspunk » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2006 July 19, 23:42:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the fix in, but I got another error log tonight that looks rather similar.  Here it is & thanks again for looking at it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 July 20, 00:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That one I would chalk up to a random error unless you have a VERY unawesome hack installed. Unless it constantly happens I wouldn't worry about it.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 July 20, 00:31:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened 3 times in a row tonight, but I'll write it off unless I get it tomorrow as well.  Sorry to bother you - it looked similar  to my uneducated eye.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 July 20, 02:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Yeah... I'm at a loss myself.

I've never seen this type of error before: 'Illegal primitive code.'

I can't imagine any mod that would try and change primitives or anything that would affect the Wait For Notify bhav. The code looks normal... I don't know what the problem might be... *shrugs* I can't think of any way to fix this, if it is indeed a problem with Maxis code.  Undecided

What you might want to do is check if you have any hacks that are modifying the 'Wait for Notify' global bhav. I'll package that bhav, unmodified. You can download the file, and then just run a hack conflict detecting utility, either Paladin's or dizzy's, and see if you have anything that conflicts with this package. If so... then that is most likely you're best bet. If not... I'm not sure what the problem could be. Hopefully it's a fluke as twojeffs says.

Oh... and when you're done with the waitfornotify.package, just delete it. Theoretically, it should be harlmess because I didn't change anything. But just to be safe, I'd get rid of it. You should only use the package just to detect if you have any other hacks that conflict with it, and thus might be modifying that BHAV in unexpected ways.

Ste
« Last Edit: 2006 July 21, 17:49:05 by syberspunk » Logged

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 July 20, 14:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the  bhav file Ste.  Paladin's hack checker came up clean though.  Probably just one of those things like TwoJeffs said. 

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 July 21, 17:50:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm. Yeah. Sorry I couldn't be of much help.  Undecided

Hopefully it won't happen again.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print