More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 07:12:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Put your own gnome back!
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Put your own gnome back!  (Read 28979 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Put your own gnome back!
« Reply #50 on: 2006 June 12, 10:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q.   How many gnomes can you get in a mini?

A.   How many would you like to get in a mini?

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 June 12, 10:15:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Q: How many gnomes does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: 10.  Why you ask? Well...you need 9 to form the cute pyramid and 1 to climb to the top and actually change the lightbulb
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 June 12, 10:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

Q.  How does a gnome get up a tree?

A.  He hitches a ride from a passing squirrel.

Q.  How does a gnome get down from a tree?

A.  He sits on a leaf and waits for the squirrel to go back down.

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 June 12, 10:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin

No joke - this actually exists http://www.freethegnomes.com/
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 June 12, 10:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's brilliant!  Maybe we should report a certain advocate of gnomekicking?

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 June 12, 20:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They need the Travelocity Roaming Gnome as their Spokesgnome.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2006 June 12, 20:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe we should nominate JM for the post of Chairgnome of the Free the Gnomes Campaign?

Zephyr Zodiac
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 June 13, 07:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's not trying to hurt them by directing his sims to kick them...he is trying to free their little spirits  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 June 13, 08:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pull the other one!  Gnomes of the world unite!  Kick the kickers!

Zephyr Zodiac
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 June 17, 21:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn! I'll have to uninstall everything to see that gnome thing.

I still haven't had nay gnome stolen yet, especially since i keep forgetting to add gnomes in the yard and I make lots of nice sims. It's funnier to see them put it back themselves. Do they chose a random location or do they place it at he exact same spot prior to the burglary? Huh

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: 2006 June 17, 21:04:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They usually put it down close to the mailbox, on the nearest spare tile. Smiley

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 June 17, 22:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But now they put it in their inventory!  Lazy sims!  Hey, one got stolen in my last but one house, and one of the family actually went and got it back without being told to!  Haven't had that happen in ages  But, if they don't go and get it back, what happens to it, it's not in the thief's house and it's not in his inventory, so WHERE DOES HE PUT IT?

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 June 17, 22:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even when they put it back themselves, I'd always end up having to move it, because they'd put it down in the middle of the sidewalk or something.  Tongue  The Pleasant house is the first one I witnessed the gnome stealing scenario.  Now Daniel and Mary Sue are dead, Angela and Dustin are elders, and one of their sons and his wife and daughter live there.  Macrotastics shows Steal Gnome back, but they don't do anything when I click on it.  They must have a gnome stuck somewhere that they never got back.  I've since put new gnomes out and I've got SaraMK's patch, but I don't know how to get rid of the Macrotastics option.  It's just mildly annoying to always see it on their pie menu.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 June 17, 23:24:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't mind them sticking the gnome down anywhere they felt like it - I could move it next time I went into buy mode - but in the inventory just means I forget to put the darn thing back!

Maybe the gnome stealer is dead?

Zephyr Zodiac
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 June 18, 00:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'll have to look as i go though town.  one of my households, i dont remember which... i had  two people of the right temperment.  the stealer would steal the gnorme and immediately the wife of the owner pair would rush off and steal it back, and immediately  the stealer would come steal it back.   they did it all night more then once.   its the only pair like that, normally its a day or two before they come back for the gnome again.     makes me wonder from my own late night programing experiences (i once wrote a utitility that you had to tell you loved it to before it would work)  if programmers were up at 4am going, hey,  lets make it so if you get two meanies living next togeher they do it ever five minutes!

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 June 18, 00:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the main factor is playfulness, not meanness.  And they only do it if they are a legitimate visitor, at least, that's what I've found.  It's like in my Pleasantview, all the newspaper thieves were Leos with very playful natures.  (Some were pretty mean, but not all.)

Zephyr Zodiac
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2006 June 18, 01:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

WHERE DOES HE PUT IT?

The same place he keeps his wallet, the microphone and everything else sims randomly pull out of the air...
In the butt. I keep telling you, it's like a purse, except apparently much, much bigger.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 June 18, 02:36:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same place he keeps his wallet, the microphone and everything else sims randomly pull out of the air...
In the butt. I keep telling you, it's like a purse, except apparently much, much bigger.

Could you imagine how big a bag they would need for all the items in their inventory!?  It would put Santas sack to shame

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 June 18, 03:17:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

newspaper thieves?  i didn't know we had these.  it was only my dormies that didnt get papers, annoying me cause i couldnt use the paper to get them career rewards.   i cant remember if i still had this listed as  a bug. 

i need to try to find the supergnomestealing families again.. it was all so outer limits.   the neighbor SHOULD have only been over to steal after visiting... i had tested before and i didnt find next door neighbors actually walked by more frequently then anyone else,  so i could never figure out how i got the nonstop stealing going. 

what was that french movie where the gnome went on vacation in all over the world?   i actually liked the movie because of the way she got revenge on her enemies, but the gnome bit should be imortalized with the sims...it WAS out before sims2 came out.

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 June 18, 05:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what was that french movie where the gnome went on vacation in all over the world?   i actually liked the movie because of the way she got revenge on her enemies, but the gnome bit should be imortalized with the sims...it WAS out before sims2 came out.

Amelie. Fantastic movie, and that actress is so darn cute!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 June 18, 05:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of my gnome stealers are best friends, visiting after work, you see a mischievous look and then, hey presto, gnome gone!  So I made one selectable just to see if the gnome was in his inventory, but it wasn't, so I guess it was in the other place with the mop!  Even kids will do it - one of my simkids' best friends pinched her gnome, she didn't go steal it back autonomously, I had to tell her, but it was so funny watching her!

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 June 18, 11:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I lock my gnomes in fenced areas with the port set to family only.
I use Numenor's invisible fences (I fixed the door so the OFB locking functions appear).

Townies and visitors now hover in front of the gate for a while, and leave leaving my gnome behind.
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2006 June 18, 11:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've had a lot more gnomenapping lately since I started using macrotastics.  Pink flamingo lawn ornaments are just plain tacky.  So I've been using gnomes for my sims to kick.

I had forgotten about them being stolen, since I hadn't been putting any out for so long.  But I have some sims who make this evil sound when they steal a gnome.  It's kind of a mix of heavy breathing and low growl and reminds me of Peter Lorre.  They always used to just look around, then grab the gnome.  

I wonder if that breathing noise was always there for certain personality types or if it was added in one of the EP's.  Anyone else notice this?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 June 18, 12:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the sound, but the evil look on their faces!  Funny though, I had a welcome wagon for my newest family, and one of them went and stole the gnome, and the teen got the option to steal back his gnome while the thief was still on the lot.  He went to the portal, made the usual mischievous pose, then off he went - and returned with his gnome!  Seems like the invisible pocket stretches a very long way!

Zephyr Zodiac
ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 June 18, 12:26:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL!  I just had that happen the other day as well!  It wasn't the welcome wagon, but the teen had a friend over after school who stole the gnome.  He was still there when the resident teen went and stole it back!

And I don't usually have to tell them to take it, they do it on their own.  But in the base game, pre any EPs, they would wait until the middle of the night.  After 11 pm, I think.  Now they go and steal it back at any time.

Is that a change in the game itself, or is it a hack that's allowing them to go at any time of day?  Or was my original observation of it being the middle of the night just a coincidence in those cases where they went at that time?

Does any of that make sense?  My brain's a little foggy this morning.  NEED COFFEE.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: