More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:05:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  toddlers playing together, why not?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: toddlers playing together, why not?  (Read 16032 times)
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
toddlers playing together, why not?
« on: 2006 June 01, 20:20:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone but me irritated that twin toddlers dont even know each other?   the one interaction they can do is play with the dollhouse.    i have to check the water wriggler now, but if an adult can 'play with'  the toddler on the toy, why cant another toddler?

Life is tough.
Life is Tougher if you act STUPID.
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
Re: toddlers playing together, why not?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 01, 20:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes toddlers will autonomously play with eachother, but you can't make them do it. It would be nice, I suppose, if there were a hack that would allow you to have them do it.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 01, 20:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh wow, i didnt know that.  thanks! well if there is such a behavior it makes a hack that much easier to do because the animations are already there.  now that i moved into my new apartment i need to start getting back to work.  i was about to start doing recolors in simpe when i had to move, and im sick so i only have a few usuable hours a day... and then i was going to start looking at the code but the dang simpe changed...

Life is tough.
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 01, 20:57:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes toddlers will autonomously play with eachother, but you can't make them do it. It would be nice, I suppose, if there were a hack that would allow you to have them do it.

*didn't know about that*  I'll have to take away all their toys and leave them alone together, see if it happens.

You could try requesting Squinge to make a hack for it at Insimenator, as he takes requests.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 01, 20:59:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of kids playing together, is it possible for more than two kids to play together at a time?  In my Legacy family, I have three kids in the current gen (and I've never had more than two before), so I was wondering if I could have them all play together.  So far, I haven't seemed to be able to.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 01, 21:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool, thanks!   im really surprised that maxis didnt allow it in their new toys.  hm, you know what else they missed?  the train set from sims1.

oops another post came up.  so far toddlers can only play together on the dollhouse.   maybe the new water sprinkler.  i havent had time to
try that yet.   they can fight over a bottle, but they drink so fast i have only had that happen once.

Life is tough.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 01, 21:05:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody has been able to do it in the past, but it's ultimately purposeless and bothersome to even attempt. Especially since all of those toys are totally useless, and you end up having to fall back on the classic standbys anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 01, 21:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

something with a strong advertisement causing toddlers to play with each other or their older siblings would save me havig to manually up their relationship scores.  i realize you only see toddlers as useful with barbeque sauce, (which follows a certain logic)   but i get off on the cuteness sometimes!   some of my favorite things are when the toddlers dance or watch the fishes.  come to think of it, mean kids could wake the sleeping baby and make it cry!

Life is tough.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 01, 22:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

come to think of it, mean kids could wake the sleeping baby and make it cry!

Yea, didn't OFB add a 'Tease' command that lets kids bother toddlers?  I haven't seen that happen autonomously yet, but then I rarely have kids and toddlers in the same house at the same time.  I usually wait until there's at least one teen in the house before allowing the next baby (excepting where 'risky woohoo' kicks in, of course, and I even lowered the odds on that to do some level of population control).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
verdaeni
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 01, 23:43:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'll have to check that one out!

Life is tough.
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 02, 00:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, didn't OFB add a 'Tease' command that lets kids bother toddlers?  I haven't seen that happen autonomously yet, but then I rarely have kids and toddlers in the same house at the same time.  I usually wait until there's at least one teen in the house before allowing the next baby (excepting where 'risky woohoo' kicks in, of course, and I even lowered the odds on that to do some level of population control).

Yes they do autonomously tease. I've had a child tease her toddler sister a lot. She has about 2 or 3 points of niceness though, so that may have something to do with it.
laeshanin
FURRY!
Malodorous Moron

Fook me, it took long enough to get a title!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 02, 08:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone but me irritated that twin toddlers dont even know each other?   the one interaction they can do is play with the dollhouse.    i have to check the water wriggler now, but if an adult can 'play with'  the toddler on the toy, why cant another toddler?

No, you're not the only one who finds this annoying. And why can't more than two kids play together, as Bluesoup has pointed out, as in real life - which is what this game is supposed to be about - there are roaming herds of the little darlings? It wastes time trying to build up relationships manually which often means that I ignore the kids in favour of something else.

I've had a number of kids tease their siblings autonomously, but my sims seem to breed mean little oiks for the most part.

Meh...
webwench
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 02, 13:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually requested a mod at MTS2 only to have it shot down for this Smiley My kids tend to run in cycles, as I hack how long their ages last (I'm impatient!).  Generally, it would be nice to have the two toddlers playing with one another - not playing with the same toy at the same time.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 02, 14:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone but me irritated that twin toddlers dont even know each other?

Nope.  Sign me up on the pissy-list.  Maxis has severe myopia in too many areas.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 02, 14:26:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

maybe the new water sprinkler.  i havent had time to
try that yet.
Which water sprinkler? Did it come with ffs? I never saw the 'new' water sprinkler Sad I can't have missed it. But then again, I could have missed it easily Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 02, 14:29:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which water sprinkler? Did it come with ffs? I never saw the 'new' water sprinkler Sad I can't have missed it. But then again, I could have missed it easily Cheesy

It's something your sims can build in OFB with the toymaking workshop thing.  I believe it needs a gold level badge, but the toy workshop is a good way to keep stay-at-home moms/dads busy while the kids are at school or asleep.

Or you could have a gold-level sim make a bunch and sell them at a business so your other sims could go buy them. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 02, 14:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I haven't used the toy-making bench at all yet, and haven't played the game much since the EP, first I fixed a gazillion problems, then work got in the way, now I'm re-binning and sorting custom hairs.
But thanks for pointing that out, I'm off to build a toystore-house combo for one of my homeless sims! Cheesy
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 02, 14:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone but me irritated that twin toddlers dont even know each other?

Nope.  Sign me up on the pissy-list.  Maxis has severe myopia in too many areas.

Ditto. I had Dustin Broke marry Dagmar the mail lady (three bolts for each other and can't leave each other alone...Dustin left Angela in a heartbeat), they had 4 girls, two of them twins, in rapid order. I find it very annoying that these sibilings so close together in age (not to mention, twins!) have almost zero in relationship scores with each other.
I realize that TS2 is unrealistic in many ways but I think this one of the most highly unrealistic points of the game and it annoys me to no end.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
wishy-washy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 02, 18:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the article on this page:

http://www.simshost.com/chronicle/chronicle-20050408.html

toddlers can be directed to play together with the toybox. I've never tried it myself, though so I'm not making any promises.

Be your own fish.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 02, 19:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I understand, it's actually very common in RL for toddlers to ignore each other and play separately in the same space.  They don't usually start to have meaningful interactions until it occurs to them that the other guy is, in fact, another person and not just an inconvenient piece of equipment that keeps stealing the best toys.  XD  (Although I have no idea whether this differs for twins, and I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions to be found.)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 02, 22:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, developmentally, kids don't "cooperative play" until around 2.5 or 3.  Before that, it's called "parallel play" where they play in the same area, but not together.  There are exceptions to everything, of course, depending on where the kid is developmentally, and how much access a child has to other children.  Kids in daycare will learn to cooperative play faster than an only child who stays home with mom (or dad)

I would like to see kids playing together, and I would love to see children interacting with babies...even just making faces at the baby.  I know my daughter loved talking to and tickling the baby and she was a toddler when I had my second.  There are alot of things I would like to see, being able to sit and hold the baby, being able to cook and talk on the phone, etc.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 02, 22:37:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the article on this page:

http://www.simshost.com/chronicle/chronicle-20050408.html

toddlers can be directed to play together with the toybox. I've never tried it myself, though so I'm not making any promises.

That's pretty cool!  I have a set of twins on the way in one family -- I'll have to try this when they hit the toddler stage.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 02, 22:46:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to get a set of twins to do that at one stage - I didn't get them to be able to interact at all. 
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 02, 22:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They can definitely play together at the toybox. I've used it and the dollhouse to make them "best Friends".

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 02, 22:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried both and got absolutely no relationship boost at all...  Now I just make them use all their toddler time to skill, and worry about making friends when they are children or teens.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: