More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:13:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Resurrect-o-mitron isn't working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Resurrect-o-mitron isn't working  (Read 12012 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Resurrect-o-mitron isn't working
« on: 2006 May 21, 02:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since OFB I can't seem to resurrect anyone, and I wondered if anyone else has found the same problem.  I've tried using the tombstone of L&D, tried making the ghost selectable, but that doesn't work, but since every time one of my sims tries to resurrect anyone they just get told to get lost since they don't know any dead sims, I'm at a loss!  (I know I can use SimPE or simEnhancer, but I really don't like doing it that way....)

Oh, and the wierdest thing - I had Beau try to resurrect Skip, and he suddenly got the memory that Skip died - after he'd graduated and had been working for at least a sim week!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: Resurrect-o-mitron isn't working
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 21, 02:35:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resurrection of sims is working perfectly for me post-OFB - what's going on there is VERY strange.  Sorry I can't be of help.

PS - very glad to see you back, ZZ!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 21, 02:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, ZZ, you will live a long life - it's said that those who were burried "alive",  will live many years! So glad to "hear" your voice here! Kiss Kiss Kiss

Yes, OFB returned the position of the ressurection to it's TS2  state - you can't resurrect pre-dead sims anymore.

That was one of the reasons I uninstalled OFB - I am not satisfied  with many of it's new options, among them - this one.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 21, 03:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ness and Gali, I'm glad to be back - and as you can tell, I haven't lost interest in my game!

So, how come it works in your game, Ness, but not yours and mine, Gali?  I'm beginning to wonder whether there's a hack we both have that's causing the problem - or maybe I wondered if it's due to buyable career rewards rather than earned ones!  (I accidentally grew Beau up to be Romance in this installation - so a Paranormal career didn't seem quite suitable.....!  Oh, and he's about the most unsuccessful romance sim I've ever had - even when he finished college he only had about ten best friends (3 of whom are family members) and hadn't managed to stir up more than the occasional swoon!  He did far better as Knowledge!)

Oh well, if I can't resurrect sims, there's no point in me even adding Downtown to this game - that's just no fun without the Tricous!  (Have NL installed, just haven't added Downtown as there's been too much to do just building a community!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 21, 03:44:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, I don't have the buyable carreers hack, and I use very small amount of hacks.

I am sceptic if ness succeeded to resurrect Lyla Grunt with the O-Nomitron only, and playing OFB. It just doesn't work. The O-Nomitron works for all new dead sims, but not for the pre-dead, as Bella and Lyla, and the Tricouts family.

Anyway, ness owes us an explanation...Smiley.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 21, 03:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the information I missed...  pre-dead sims!

I'm fine resurrecting sims who die in game, but I haven't tried the pre-dead ones!

Although...  I did get one of the pre-dead maxis sims in blue water village to be resurrected - he kept getting errors, though.  You've now got me intrigued and tempted to try the tricous in my game now.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 21, 03:58:26 by ness » Logged
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 21, 04:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I managed to resurrect the pre-dead Goths. I did it with a bought career reward.  Huh   I have noticed in SimPe that some of the pre-dead sims are now marked as unlinked where they used to be linked. That could be the problem. I believe Skip was one of them.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 21, 08:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I checked all mine and the linkage was fine - but there are two Skips, not one, and one has always been unlinked, same for Michael Bachelor and Darleen Dreamer.

But, even if you try to bring them back by other available means, you get the message that Michael died on another lot, when his urn is there for all to see!

I managed to bring Bella back with SimPE, as before OFB I could bring her back, teleport them to the Goth house (or any other) and then, once they'd arrived and departed, Bella "knew" them and was able to resurrect them.  But when I tried that this time, she still wasn't able to do it.  (So now she lives alone and stalks the town!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 21, 10:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrected the Tricous after I got OFB. But I used one of the teen girls that had JonSmith as her father, so she already knew him and I didn't have to add him to the family or anything. There's a post currently on N99 that talks about adding various PV sims to the family and resurrecting them:

http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm51.showMessage?topicID=10969.topic

but I don't know if that's post-OFB or not.

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 21, 15:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Beau got this memory that Skip died just when he tried to resurrect him.  Even though he tried again, he still couldn't do it.  And I don't use the no resurrect want hack.  I might try again in a hack-free hood, but every time I do something like that, I get hooked on the new hood and the old one gets forgotten!

I'm actually wondering if there's a glitch in the installation, although I uninstalled and reinstalled OFB once for that reason, and usually that's enough. (I've had to do that with every single EP in sims2, and I think more than one in Sims1, and it gets more than a little irritating!)

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 21, 19:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any trouble resurrecting any of the sims since OFB.

Have you tried using a hack like the Elixir of Resurrection, just to see if those sims CAN be resurrected? It's very useful for those sims that no one knows.

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 21, 20:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I might just do that!  Where do I get this elixir?  And do sims like Fricorith Tricou still satisfy the resurrect wants?

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 21, 21:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I might just do that!  Where do I get this elixir?  And do sims like Fricorith Tricou still satisfy the resurrect wants?

The Elixir bypasses most of the regular resurrection code, so you don't get wants fulfilled, no money is spent, and you don't get memories. You also can't make zombies with it. It's good for the Tricou family because you can use any sim in your neighborhood to resurrect one of them, and once you've done that you can use the Resurrect-o-Nomitron to resurrect the rest. It's also good for any sims that stubbornly don't show up as a sim that can be resurrected, or that no one knows. I use it all the time because I can't be bothered to figure out who in my neighborhood knows the dead sim.

You can get it at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=105516

Fail.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 21, 23:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrected the Goths and Tricous before OFB but I have options now to resurrect all of the OFB sims...Can you at least do that ZZ...Bc If not if I ever have to restart I know to resurrect everyone after NL, but before OFB...Oh and I say NL bc it just seemed easier to resurrect them without outside help...I know that resurrection became available with Uni...

ISFJ
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 21, 23:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I resurrected the Goths and Tricous before OFB but I have options now to resurrect all of the OFB sims...Can you at least do that ZZ...Bc If not if I ever have to restart I know to resurrect everyone after NL, but before OFB...Oh and I say NL bc it just seemed easier to resurrect them without outside help...I know that resurrection became available with Uni...

Is there anyway to resurrect a YA in the neighborhood and then age them up or can you only resurrect them on a uni lot...I had two sims go to college and one died...The surviving sim decided to take her sisters urn back home bc its a legacy...Now I have decided to resurrect her and I cant bc she doesnt come up as an option...Its going to be a while before anyone goes to college...The next generation to go to college is toddlers yet

ISFJ
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 22, 02:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Elixir bypasses most of the regular resurrection code, so you don't get wants fulfilled, no money is spent, and you don't get memories. You also can't make zombies with it. It's good for the Tricou family because you can use any sim in your neighborhood to resurrect one of them, and once you've done that you can use the Resurrect-o-Nomitron to resurrect the rest. It's also good for any sims that stubbornly don't show up as a sim that can be resurrected, or that no one knows. I use it all the time because I can't be bothered to figure out who in my neighborhood knows the dead sim.

You can get it at http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=105516

Thanks, but you see, I tried getting Bella to resurrect Michael with the Resurrect-o-mitron after I'd revived her using simPE and it just didn't work.

I hoinestly don't have a clue about the OFB sims as I haven't tried, I'm afraid they don't appeal to me, and I rarely play any of them, so I haven't taken any interest in resurrecting  any more of the idiots!  On the other hand, if Gilbert Jacquet doesn't stop stalking anything that moves, he will predecease his mother!!!!!  Today he was on the phone to Martin Rich, five minutes after he moved into a house at Sim State - all he'd ever done was wave to him in passing when he was a teen, and the minute he grows up the dirty little bugger is pestering him!  And he's already scavenged from more dustbins than Don Lothario has done in the last two years (our years, not theirs) and the other day I actually saw him EAT something he got from the bin!

Resurrecting them after NL seems to me like a good idea, but unfortunately this hood was started when I moved all my old hoods out to reinstall OFB, and started out as my new trial hood, so a lot of things aren't quite as they should be.  Keanu Broke has changed his appearance from the original, and I had to make him Leo in simPE just to get his personality somewhere close to how he used to be (although it used to be his personality that varied from one game to another when I just had the base game, while his appearance remained the same.  But this time he looks just like his brothers - clones of Skip!  (Well, I did change Dustin a bit, he looked even more lantern-jawed than ever!)

Zephyr Zodiac
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 22, 09:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've resurrected the Tricou family using the Resurrect-o-thingie, post-OFB and FFS, no problems.  The difference between them and Michael Bachelor is that they were intended to be resurrectable, and Michael was not.  Nightlife introduced a glitch, of sorts, by making unlinked Sims like Michael Bachelor, Skip Broke, and Lyla Grunt resurrectable.  This was unintentional, so it was either the NL patch or OFB (sorry, I forget which) that corrected it and made them unresurrectable again.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 22, 11:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it seems odd to me, that Maxis actually intended something of the sort.  According to JM, the Tricous aren't supposed to be resurrectable either.  Once the Resurrect-o-mitron was introduced, I think the idea was that any known ghost could be resurrected if you could afford it, and I think they just broke Pleasantview again with the new EP.  As I said, there are subtle difference in the characters from previous EPs, so if you start your game with all EPs installed, you don't get what you had before, just as once Uni was installed, there were differences in the Dreamer house - bills no longer piling up, Darren and Dirk friends, Dirk A+ - I'm sure in the base game I had all these things to deal with when I played them for the first time!

I don't think Maxis intentionally alter things in Pleasantview unless they are obviously not working correctly, just that new coding impinges on various things there and they get changed.

Zephyr Zodiac
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 22, 17:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I contend that the Tricous were intended to be resurrectable because there are 6 downtownie teens who have Jon Smith Tricou as their father.  Townies never have family trees -- except for these 6.  They also have memories.  Also, unlike Michael Bachelor et al, the dead Tricous are linked and have character info. 

That's how I was able to resurrect them -- sent one of the 6 illegitimate children of Jon Smith Tricou to college, got a job in the paranormal track, and got the Grimmie phone.  The child has a memory of knowing the father, and a memory of his and other family members' deaths.  Surely Maxis wouldn't go through all the trouble of making townies with family trees and memories -- teen townies, at that, who could go to Uni and earn the paranormal reward -- plus make dead characters who are linked, have character data, and have elaborate memories as well -- without reason.

Once you resurrect Jon Smith Tricou, his first 4 wants are to resurrect other family members.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 22, 18:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decided to resurrect all the Goths after all their tombsones disappeared from the graveyard, and then killed them all again and put them back in the graveyard. I had Cassandra resurrect Bella after the gypsy brought her to one of my romance sims for a blind date, and she was part of the family again.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 May 22, 19:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I would agree that, yes, the Tricous are intended to be resurrected - I've done it twice, and while the first time I did it with one of the townie teens, the second time I just edited Fricorith and got him to try at Uni - but he couldn't, and died again, but by then he'd already got to know Dustin, and dustin tried at Uni and couldn't, but I teleported him over to the Caliente house in downtown (the original Pleasantview in this game was a town of clones, but the downtown was the real thing) and he resurrected Fricorith again there, after which Fricorith resurrected Gvaudouin and his parents (using money from a quick Motherlode, I have to say) and it worked out ok, except that when Dustin left via the teleporter shrub, he took Fricorith and Gvaudouin with him, which meant that Gvaudouin grew up badly as she hadn't had time to gain any skills or anything (Fricorith was ok thanks to SimPE!).

So I know full well it can be done, and that it works fine.  However, in the first game, Fricorith and Dirk became friends, and Fricorith was able to send the Dreamers the money to resurrect Darleen, and it was accomplished first time of trying with no problems!  So I can't see why Maxis didn't intend her to be resurrected!  But I suppose what they thought after OFB was that anyone who wanted to resurrect the Pleasantview ghosts would have already done so........

Oh well, I'll try the elixir from Mod the Sims - I don't want to use SimPE as it's not clear which is the real Skip and which is the clone.

Zephyr Zodiac
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 May 23, 09:08:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, this could make an interesting In-Game story if one were so inclined...

*dramatic announcer voice here*
"Gasp in wonder at the existence of not one but two Skip Broke ghosts! Which one is real, which one is a horrible fake, and what sinister motive can this fake Skip have? Can the Tricou family be resurrected without bringing about the apocalypse? Has the eternal search for the Elixir of Life finally ended? Tune in next time: same Sim time, same Sim channel!"

...Sorry. I'll be serious now.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 May 23, 10:33:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Skip Brokes are unlinked.  One has character data, one does not, so I'd venture that the one with character data is the one you want -- N001_User00090. 

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 May 23, 10:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, as I think I said, I've resurrected him before, and I that's the one I've used - but in fact there is some character data on the other one as I remember that one is Romance, the other Popularity.  I'd just like to do it through the normal gameplay options just once, without cheating!

Zephyr Zodiac
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 May 23, 13:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... I'll say it again, and you can believe me or not:  Unlinked characters were never intended to be brought back through normal gameplay options.  NL broke that, making unlinked characters available for resurrection and causing problems for (some, not all) people.  Either the patch or OFB (can't remember which) fixed it so unlinked characters could no longer be resurrected, as was the original intent of the game.

I won't be coming back to the thread, since I've said everything I had to say twice already.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: