More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:18:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Lifetime Wants Based on Personality
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lifetime Wants Based on Personality  (Read 13696 times)
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Lifetime Wants Based on Personality
« on: 2006 April 22, 04:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached is an alternate lifetime wants package that allows the various career-based lifetime wants based on the personality characteristics of the sim.  For instance, if your sim is outgoing and playful, "Become Professional Party Guest" will be a possible lifetime want for that sim regardless of aspiration.

Note: This hack is in direct conflict with Pescado's Lifetime Want Variety hack (ltwvariety.package), so pick one or the other.

* Torkle_LTW.zip (0.93 KB - downloaded 1019 times.)

---
Torkle
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Lifetime Wants Based on Personality
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 22, 05:41:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this. It brings a touch more realism to the game, as it gives Sims lifetime wants that they would suit them much better, rather than something based completely on a default aspiration you choose and then have it decided at random (or so it seems).
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 22, 08:12:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torkle, could you give a list of the particular personality traits required for each career?

I'm assuming it has no effect on the other aspiration-specific LTWs, like max 7 skills is still only for knowledge sims?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 22, 10:33:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine already took personality into consideration, as well as interests, so nobody who hates the interest associated with their job will actually want that as their LTW.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Torkle
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 22, 16:15:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CareerNeatOutgoingActivePlayfulOverride
Law7+7+3-
Medical7+3-
Science7+3-Knowledge
Athlete7+7+Wealth or Popular
Military7+7+
Slacker7+7+Romance
Business7+7+/3-Wealth
Politics7+7+/3-Popular
Criminal7+7+Wealth
Culinary7+/3-

So any sim with high outgoing and active will have a possibility of getting Hall of Famer (Athlete) as a lifetime want, but even a shy and lazy Popularity sim will also have that possibility due to their aspiration.  Those careers with overrides have special aspiration based "impossible wants" that I did not want to deny access to due to lack of ability.

Mine already took personality into consideration, as well as interests, so nobody who hates the interest associated with their job will actually want that as their LTW.

The non-awesomeness of this hack is not disputed.  I found that managing interests to match them up with ability to be too much of a hassle, so my version does not look at interests at all.

---
Torkle
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 22, 16:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! I will try your version for a while as I hate to mess with interests.

INTJ
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 24, 10:55:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the association of jobs with interests to be helpful: I try to assign sims to the jobs they thus want as a result, and thus when I have sims talking to them, I know what to pick as a topic and know they'll talk about.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 24, 11:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the association of jobs with interests to be helpful: I try to assign sims to the jobs they thus want as a result, and thus when I have sims talking to them, I know what to pick as a topic and know they'll talk about.

I much prefer my sims to be unpredictable. To me, it adds some challenge that way. But I was wondering, I hate to go downtown just to purchase the required magazines for interest generation. Could the interest magazines be incorporated into a buyable bookcase instead?

INTJ
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 26, 03:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I much prefer my sims to be unpredictable. To me, it adds some challenge that way. But I was wondering, I hate to go downtown just to purchase the required magazines for interest generation. Could the interest magazines be incorporated into a buyable bookcase instead?

Would this work instead? http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=79208

Fail.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 26, 20:28:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love the old "Interesting toilet" from C&C revamped for sims 2!  Made all that time sims spend in their favourite occupation worthwhile somehow! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: