More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 08:25:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB Prima Guide tip download
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB Prima Guide tip download  (Read 13443 times)
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
OFB Prima Guide tip download
« on: 2006 February 28, 14:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can download a few pages from the Prima Guide to OBF at http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=221

Am just waiting to see if all the hard-earned degrees of my Sims will have any effect on their business success.  Once I get the game...
« Last Edit: 2006 March 02, 21:12:02 by ZiggyDoodle » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: OBF Prima Guide tip download
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 28, 15:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can download a few pages from the Prima Guide to OBF at http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=221

Am just waiting to see if all the hard-earned degrees of my Sims will have any effect on their business success.  Once I get the game...
Heh, there isn't that much correlation in real life, so why would you expect it to have much effect in the game?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 28, 17:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the prima guide is such a rip-off.  Bad enough to pay 50$ for an expansion (almost as much as the actual game), but you have to pay for a instruction manual as well?  Forgetaboutit.  I do have the University Prima guide, but only because it came with my expansion.

I was checking out the sample. (Thank Ziggy!).  It came as no real suprise that we can yet again to attach another neighbourdhood.  This time it's called the "Shopping District"  No doubt it will be accompanied by the usual bloat of maxis-character.  Blah.  Like any of us need more characters files.  It does seem optional however.  I probably won't add it to my main 'hood and simply check it out in an different neighbourdhood to avoid bloat.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 28, 18:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It came as no real suprise that we can yet again to attach another neighbourdhood.  This time it's called the "Shopping District"  No doubt it will be accompanied by the usual bloat of maxis-character.  Blah.  Like any of us need more characters files.  It does seem optional however.  I probably won't add it to my main 'hood and simply check it out in an different neighbourdhood to avoid bloat.

I'm having a hard enough time trying to get rid of the stupid townies I have now, let alone adding more. ***wiping sweat from forehead***  If it's optional, then do you think somebody at Maxis/EA is starting to 'wizen up', as granny used to say?

Max
Pilot
Asinine Airhead

Reticulating Splines since 1989!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 01, 01:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the prima guide is such a rip-off.  Bad enough to pay 50$ for an expansion (almost as much as the actual game), but you have to pay for a instruction manual as well?  Forgetaboutit.  I do have the University Prima guide, but only because it came with my expansion.

I was checking out the sample. (Thank Ziggy!).  It came as no real suprise that we can yet again to attach another neighbourdhood.  This time it's called the "Shopping District"  No doubt it will be accompanied by the usual bloat of maxis-character.  Blah.  Like any of us need more characters files.  It does seem optional however.  I probably won't add it to my main 'hood and simply check it out in an different neighbourdhood to avoid bloat.
All the extension hoods are optional. Allways have been.

Will be first in line to buy "Spore"
Yes...I have a bit of a god complex....hehehehe
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 01, 01:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the extension hoods are optional. Allways have been.

Well, yes and no. Downtown is more or less optional, since we already have community lots in the base neighborhood, but if you want college Sims (not just college graduate Sims), you must create a University.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 01, 03:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well there, I actually learned somethign froma  prima guide.

You can lock doors in TS2 now.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
sara_dippity
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 01, 04:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was checking out the sample. (Thank Ziggy!).  It came as no real suprise that we can yet again to attach another neighbourdhood.  This time it's called the "Shopping District" No doubt it will be accompanied by the usual bloat of maxis-character.  Blah.  Like any of us need more characters files.  It does seem optional however.  I probably won't add it to my main 'hood and simply check it out in an different neighbourdhood to avoid bloat.
Hell yeah it does! A Landgraab heir and a woman who has a daughter named TESSA!!! My name is Tessa! I refuse to play "real people" sims 'cause I get all upset if their lives get weird, but a Maxis made Tessa sim? Bring on the bloat! And a new family line that makes refrences to the original game! Woot! Yay bloat yay! Tessa better not be fugly though. I'll be upset. I'll just get her some plastic surgery but my anger will still be arisin'. I'll just take it out on her mom.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 01, 05:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not working, just a blank page when I click the link on the official site. Why am I suprised, it's not like that piece of crap site ever works properly. Angry
Countess
Verona
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 01, 05:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess we broke it.  Maybe you can try again and it will work.  I even printed it out. Don't know why, but I did.  All I need now are some crayons...looks like a coloring book.

I wouldn't print it out if I were you.  Big waste of ink. Smiley
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 01, 06:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. 

Well, it broke me.  I read the link earlier when it was working (thanks Ziggy).

I wasn't going to buy the EP for another month...but the colors on the Prima Guide pages were so pretty  Wink, I lost my head and skipped over to Amazon.

OFB and the Prima Guide will be here on Friday.

I'm so easy.......

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 01, 11:11:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. 

I'm so easy.......

*passes windy moon a bottle of Wild flu-virus-free Turkey and a pack of smokes.
Now, let's discuss your issue...

Let the Beast inside you free!
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 01, 11:50:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh. 

I'm so easy.......

*passes windy moon a bottle of Wild flu-virus-free Turkey and a pack of smokes.
Now, let's discuss your issue...

Well, Dr, it all starts with low self esteem....

Cheesy

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 02, 04:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so easy.......

Not easy but caring - wanting to do the very best by your sims and ensure they lead enriching & fulfilling lives  Smiley

btw I've ordered my copy
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 02, 04:42:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not working, just a blank page when I click the link on the official site. Why am I suprised, it's not like that piece of crap site ever works properly. Angry

Right click on the link and "save as" to your desktop and you'll get a pdf file
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 02, 07:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm so easy.......

Not easy but caring - wanting to do the very best by your sims and ensure they lead enriching & fulfilling lives  Smiley

btw I've ordered my copy

I only care that my sims do my best for me so that I live a enriching and fulfiling life  Tongue

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 02, 07:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Need I remind you that *I* never purchase or read Prima Guides, instead dismissing them as the pure weapons-grade bolognium they are, perhaps because when they're printed, the product they allegedly are printed for DOES NOT EVEN EXIST YET.

And yet my sims are still more awesome than YOURS, Windy Moon! What does that tell you? Be more awesome. Do awesome things. Don't buy crap.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 02, 11:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this time you can't play without the Prima Guide - the build of the business is too complicated, and you need a tutorial, which absents in the game.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 02, 12:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The guides are usually misinformed themselves, the only one I bought was with the original game (okay I caved that one time, and bought it a day or two before TS2 came out  Cheesy) and I've never felt the lack of one with the expansions.  I'd rather stumble through the game or search for answers online, it's more fun.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 02, 12:30:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Need I remind you that *I* never purchase or read Prima Guides, instead dismissing them as the pure weapons-grade bolognium they are, perhaps because when they're printed, the product they allegedly are printed for DOES NOT EVEN EXIST YET.

And yet my sims are still more awesome than YOURS, Windy Moon! What does that tell you? Be more awesome. Do awesome things. Don't buy crap.

Cheesy

I aspire to your awesomeness, but alas and alack....I'm weak.

Don't hate me   I know you hate weakness, but hate the sin and love the sinner?

Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 02, 12:51:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's exactly what I do. The downside is that I probably don't get reporters this way, but... whatever.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 02, 12:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this time you can't play without the Prima Guide - the build of the business is too complicated, and you need a tutorial, which absents in the game.

Well, in fact, you can play without, you just have to try a little harder. It's true that they want to make you think you can't. If you really can't play without, then you probably can't play with the guide as well. The guide is for people who look for an extra challenge: Listen to the words it says and play after them, but be still able to manage the game.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 02, 13:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right click on the link and "save as" to your desktop and you'll get a pdf file

Thanks Simmical, the PDF thing, is that cuz I use Mozilla? I've noticed a few other files that don't want to work for me either. This is handy to know Kiss
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 02, 13:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not buying any Prima Guide either. After browsing through the guide for the base game, I laughed heartily and put it back on the shelf. I've never seen such idiocy. Besides, if I do run into a big, unexpected problem, I just come crying to you, Gali.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 02, 13:40:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are welcome, Veil - but I am going to uninstall the game; Nor SimPe, neither the Enhanser work with it. I can only print what the Prima Guide says...Smiley.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: