More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 19:32:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Problems with managers? I'm very confused...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Problems with managers? I'm very confused...  (Read 5920 times)
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Problems with managers? I'm very confused...
« on: 2006 March 06, 05:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I've been running my new OFB expansion, with lots of boolprop, and max motives. One of the frustrations that is bothering me (and this may be my stupidity, I don't know. =( ), is I have a sim who is now promoted to manager. Well, I wanted my CAS Sim, and shop owner, to be able to go home for a little while, have a few dates, and such.

So, I selet the manager, and ask her to 'mind the shop'. Which she seems to accept, and everything. Great, right? Well, then I phone up the taxi, and decide to go to another community lot, shop a bit, etc, etc. When this happens, Ian, the owner begins to clear ALL SIMS OFF THE LOT.

Huh

I don't understand! The manager was there...

Oh, and another issue? I don't like how the manager becomes controllable, when you promote them. =(

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Problems with managers? I'm very confused...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 06, 05:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say managers become controllable, does that mean they become part of the family?  Hopefully they stay on the community lot and don't go home with our Sims.  If they do, what with them and Servos there soon won't be any room for the actual family members.  And people want PETS? 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 06, 05:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not part of the family, but controllable on the community lot. It irks me. =(

Oh my god, I will have to pull my hair out, if the next EP is ENTIRELY pets. I wasn't even that excited about this one, initally, but a few weeks before I bought it, I was... Wink

But yes, I'm not sure what to do about the managers now... -Confuzzled-

Huh
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 06, 05:34:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe you simply needed to go back home 1st and from there use a taxi to go downtown.  Unless it is what you did....

EDIT:  Keep the manager, while you are at home he/she will take care of your business leaving your Sim time to enjoy its life....
« Last Edit: 2006 March 06, 05:43:18 by MissDoh » Logged
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 06, 05:43:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The mgr is only controllable in the shop. I think you have to go home close the shop for the day.
Next day should you decide not to work, you just make a phone call with ur house phone (never use the cell phone- there's a bug), talk with the mgr till the progress bar is full (takes about 2 hours) , the mgr will tell you s/he is minding the store and not to worry. At midnight, you will receive a notification saying you earn $xxx that day.

I think you earn $ only if your store is doing well. Presently, I haven't made any $ when the mgr is minding the store. I still dunno if its a bug or if its because my store hasn't reached the criticial mass needed for it to do well autnomonously.

Go Away
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 06, 06:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you earn $ only if your store is doing well. Presently, I haven't made any $ when the mgr is minding the store. I still dunno if its a bug or if its because my store hasn't reached the criticial mass needed for it to do well autnomonously.

Me either and I'm still having issues with doing the checking in by phone thing.  I'm personally convinced that it is buggy.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 06, 14:45:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I promoted a Sim to manager last night, and completely missed the controllable thing. I'll have to look for that.

What annoyed me most, though, was that I couldn't leave the manager alone. He kept sending the cashier (the only person in the shop with a Talent Badge for the register) off to restock shelves, leaving a line of infuriated customers who got even more infuriated when the manager assigned someone else to mind the till. My store owner had to keep reassigning his workers, as opposed to performing his actual function in the shop, which is - you guessed it - restocker.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 06, 16:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, basically my "no money" msg actually changes. Previously when the store is not doing very well, I got a msg that is something like "Super Star Store didn't make any money today. Perhaps you need to check in to shaken things up."

Today the store is finally starting to make a modest profit and I didn't go to work and this is the msg.
So I dunno if we will actually see $$$ when the store is doing extremely well. I'll let you know if it does.

« Last Edit: 2006 March 07, 01:09:34 by Jysudo » Logged

Go Away
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 06, 16:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, so I've been running my new OFB expansion, with lots of boolprop, and max motives. One of the frustrations that is bothering me (and this may be my stupidity, I don't know. =( ), is I have a sim who is now promoted to manager. Well, I wanted my CAS Sim, and shop owner, to be able to go home for a little while, have a few dates, and such.

So, I selet the manager, and ask her to 'mind the shop'. Which she seems to accept, and everything. Great, right? Well, then I phone up the taxi, and decide to go to another community lot, shop a bit, etc, etc. When this happens, Ian, the owner begins to clear ALL SIMS OFF THE LOT.

Huh

I don't understand! The manager was there...

Oh, and another issue? I don't like how the manager becomes controllable, when you promote them. =(

Do you have an open/close sign?  I think if you don't have one on the lot the business is open when you are there, and closed when you aren't.  Wait, let me check with Prima...yep, that's how it works.  So without a sign the owner can't leave the lot and have the business stay open.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 06, 16:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been very disappointed in managers as well. It seems he just randomly assigns people to stupid jobs. He took my gold badge toy worker off the toy crafting station, assigned him to restocking, then went and made pet bricks. WTF???

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 06, 16:34:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been very disappointed in managers as well. It seems he just randomly assigns people to stupid jobs. He took my gold badge toy worker off the toy crafting station, assigned him to restocking, then went and made pet bricks. WTF???
Uh, did you honestly expect Maxis to be able to figure out how to run a business algorithmically?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 06, 20:30:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they're trying to build-up their skills in other areas, so all the staff have equal skills and can do any job?  I suppose there are situations in real life where you'd do that.  Maybe. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 06, 21:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, they call it crosstraining in real life. Smiley

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: