More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 08:27:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  EXPERIMENTAL: Foreignia Removal and Reset Procedure w/ AwesomeMod
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL: Foreignia Removal and Reset Procedure w/ AwesomeMod  (Read 27169 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
EXPERIMENTAL: Foreignia Removal and Reset Procedure w/ AwesomeMod
« on: 2011 October 30, 22:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this is an experimental procedure that may or may not explode your neighborhood, currently in testing in AwesomeMod which will let you remove (and thus regenerate) Foreignia.

You Need:
1. AwesomeMod, latest edition.
2. Testing And Debug Commands Enabled
3. No one must be related to a foreignian. Never marry anyone from foreignia, or else that world cannot be nuked.

Step 1: Prepare the Neighborhood
Make sure everyone has returned from vacation and that no explorers are in any world that you will be keeping. There must be no foreign visitors either to or from a world that will have its existence status changed unless both will cease to exist.
Banish all foreign tourists by turning off Tourists and Explorers in AwesomeMod config and waiting for them to bugger off. Make sure they're really gone.
Then save and exit to the menu.

Step 2: Nuke Some Files
Nuke the following files in your save game:
TravelDB.package
*ExportDB.package

Step 3: Use AwesomeMod's New Command
Type "nukeworld X", where X is the foreignia you wish to incinerate and reset.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
socurious
Exasperating Eyesore

Loki Craptastic!

View Profile
Re: EXPERIMENTAL: Foreignia Removal and Reset Procedure w/ AwesomeMod
« Reply #1 on: 2011 November 01, 20:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean you can have WA installed (and use the objects) without having travel destinations? Love this idea for "Terra Nova" type scenario - you can't go home!

..."you should certainly be well-read in a subject before you pass judgement on it," Solowren
Shiggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 November 01, 20:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it won't delete destinations, it will reset them: tombs, adventures will be reset to their original state.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 November 02, 01:47:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does this mean you can have WA installed (and use the objects) without having travel destinations? Love this idea for "Terra Nova" type scenario - you can't go home!
You can alrady do this by using buydebug and looting the tombs. No, you cannot do this while ON vacation, and if you try, the game will call you a dumbass. However, this will let you reset any/all foreignias to their virgin states the next time you attempt to visit them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 November 03, 18:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would "nukeworld foreignia" incinerate and reset all three vacation destinations?

Flowing with the go.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 November 04, 05:42:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you have to specify which Foreignia you want to nuke, or nuke all them one by one. The game does not possess a trivial means of detecting whether any given foreignia actually exists.

bellenoire
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 November 06, 20:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this delete any vacation home ownership, and should we just sell the vacation homes before attempting this?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 November 07, 00:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should definitely sell those first, yes.

Braaaaains
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2013 January 17, 03:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wanted to say I noticed this was marked as experimental and I can vouch for it working. I backed up my game and followed the instructions and successfully reset China. I was a very happy camper.

So thank you for making my life just a teensy bit better!  Cheesy
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2013 January 18, 17:39:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will this affect any relic collections, etc. that a sim has stolen/retrieved from foreignia for their own personal collections at home?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2013 January 19, 10:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, stolen relics and other things are properties of the sim's own personal data, and not a product of foreignia: If you pack up and move the sim to an entirely different neighborhood that never had a Foreignia, that data would remain intact. Nuking Foreignia similarly has no such effect.

Louisb
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2013 July 23, 23:52:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any chance that this works for the University sub-hood? If so, what effect (if any) does it have on social group standing?

I'm trying to reduce the size of my save files to reduce the frequency of Type 12 Errors, which strike with alarming regularity in OS X. (At some point, running TS3 without resorting to Boot Camp became a world of pain; I was able to reduce random CTDs by turning down my graphics settings, but whenever the game runs for too long, a Type 12 causes game-save attempts to fail.)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2013 July 24, 02:27:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what would happen if you tried this on Uniland, since I don't have it installed. Assuming it is an entirely self-contained mini-world with little to no contact with the main one, it PROBABLY will work. Social group standing is probably intrinsic to the character, if it persists through a neighborhood move as well.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: