More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:14:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck  (Read 207228 times)
Jeebus
Nitwitted Nuisance

MATY's Lord and Savior

View Profile
Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« on: 2011 May 28, 00:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that the Reloaded torrent is out, EP4 is now out of the L&P category.  What's the good, what's the bad, and what's the ugly?

"Terminate the erroneous data" is an awesome euphemism for an abortion.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #1 on: 2011 May 28, 00:43:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that it matters to anyone using awesomemod but there's an official cheat to send sims back into CAS and you can now switch households via edit town.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter Luck
« Reply #2 on: 2011 May 28, 01:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not much of a modder, but it doesn't seem to have a GameplayData.package, so I have no idea how to update my out of date mods to be compatible.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 May 28, 01:15:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GameplayData.package is in The Sims 3\Game\Bin\GamePlay
I gave fit atmosphere the proper 1.5 increase, and also added work hard to athletics. The two mods before didn't work.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 May 28, 05:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can now switch households via edit town.

I was sure that was always possible, just that you lost wishes, etc when you switched, while AM just made the process better.  I have been playing with AM for so long maybe I have it mixed up.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 May 28, 06:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can now switch households via edit town.

I was sure that was always possible, just that you lost wishes, etc when you switched, while AM just made the process better.  I have been playing with AM for so long maybe I have it mixed up.
I think it's meant to be a more direct form of switching now. Just click on a house, and there's an option to switch right there in the box that pops up or something. Still, inferior to anything AM offers.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2011 May 28, 06:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not much of a modder, but it doesn't seem to have a GameplayData.package, so I have no idea how to update my out of date mods to be compatible.

It is now linked to Base Game package.
Those files were always duplicates, but now they used they brain at last.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011 May 28, 07:14:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories are too stupid. "I ate at a restaurant and it was good! Memory get! I then went to the park for the 6th time! Memory get! I then went to the library, and got ANOTHER memory!"
Seriously, EA fucked up on the memory system. It's too stupid to exist.

I haven't tried out children or teens yet. Nor elders. Just young adult and adult. Had a bachelor party with my Sim, and a dancer showed up. Had a wedding and got gifts.
For an expansion Generations is pretty light on content. It's less than 1GB of content (976MB installed), when LN was 2.46GB and WA was 3.47GB of content. The stuff packs are all around 275MB of content.

Can't wait until AwesomeMod comes out for this. Hopefully it will reduce the damn memory spam which is WORSE than the memories of Sims 2. Also a more sensible story progression where people don't stick around in the low jobs not getting anywhere. Seriously, my guy I've been testing it with is an evil sidekick for the criminal career, and his boss is a bagman. His wife was a gravedigger until he married her, and celebrities are popping up everywhere (but I did put in a backlot in a 40x40 lot) and random vampire Sims pop up. Mostly the elderly.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011 May 28, 07:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is the frame limiter no longer working? Since it all links back to the base game, should I be running it from there? This game is really empty though, for the seconds I did play. It really doesn't feel like an expansion pack, there's no major feature.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011 May 28, 08:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is the frame limiter no longer working?

I've seen a few people say that the FPS Limiter wasn't working anymore, so it's not just you.

I have the game now, but I won't be installing it until the patch mess is sorted out and AM is working for it. Plus, I had 2GB of my RAM die and the replacement won't be here until Tuesday, so I have to wait anyway. I'm sure the game could run with 6GB of RAM, but I don't think it would run as well.
markjs
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2011 May 28, 11:11:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me, or is the frame limiter no longer working? Since it all links back to the base game, should I be running it from there? This game is really empty though, for the seconds I did play. It really doesn't feel like an expansion pack, there's no major feature.

Try later to link the Frame Limiter to "TS3W.exe" instead.
This is now the default executable that will load the game.
No longer the latest EP/SP executable.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011 May 28, 12:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw a screenshot of the game options page and it looks like you can turn the memory notifications off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2011 May 28, 13:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The memories are too stupid. "I ate at a restaurant and it was good! Memory get! I then went to the park for the 6th time! Memory get! I then went to the library, and got ANOTHER memory!"

Have you played for long enough to see if these "minor event" memories fade off after a couple of days?   It may be that they're weighted like the moodlets.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2011 May 28, 15:14:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memories are not moodlets. You get an annoying popup everytime one occurs.
Goggalor
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011 May 28, 15:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One measly window, a few walls and two floors. This is the entirety of new build mode stuff.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011 May 28, 16:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try later to link the Frame Limiter to "TS3W.exe" instead.
This is now the default executable that will load the game.
No longer the latest EP/SP executable.

Didn't work for me. I even tried creating a .bat file with this fps limiting program I have, did nothing. It seems to do just enough to start the game, then the frame limiter shuts off.

EDIT: Spoke to soon. Created a .bat file with FPS Limiter v0.2 pointing to TS3W.exe, works like a charm.
« Last Edit: 2011 May 28, 16:59:30 by Rockermonkey » Logged
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011 May 28, 17:39:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that include the 3booter also being linked to TS3.exe?

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2011 May 28, 20:24:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that include the 3booter also being linked to TS3.exe?

That won't work. I didn't know how to link it to anything else so I just did it with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zzggw2zmym

You have to open the FPS_Limiter_GUI, and then generate a .bat file for the TS3W.exe. After that, you have to always start it from the .bat file. Until there's a new frame limiter, of course.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Generations: What Sucks, What's Fucked, and What Did EA Get Right by Utter L
« Reply #18 on: 2011 May 28, 20:36:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

3booter updated to load TS3W now.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Painkiller
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011 May 28, 22:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memory feature is really wonky. Removed all the mods and cleared the caches to playtest with a random couple from Barnacle Bay to check the memory system: made the woman yell, fight and divorce and she was the only one who had the separation and divorce memories. He didn't have any, even though he was talking to his new ex wife. He then autonomously yelled at her and had a 'huge fight' memory and she didn't get any. Kid was miserable from their instant divorce but didn't get any memory at all. Some random sim called to ask to bring her kid to play with mine, the ex husband decided to forget his wife by playing ball then the game decided it was way too much bullshit and froze. Duh.

In short, a sim only get the memory if he initiated the action, which sucks since I hoped that memory sytem could be used to know what happened to a sim while you were away playing other famblies.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2011 May 29, 00:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Home Videos are kind of...horrible.

They're cute, and they work, but when controlling a sim taking them, they move extremely fast. The videos also record in widescreen if you're using a widescreen resolution, but only play in widescreen if you play them on a widescreen TV. They are smushed on 4:3 TVs. I assume that means that on a non-widescreen resolution, your videos will be stretched on widescreen TVs.
funnykid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011 May 29, 00:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memory feature is really wonky. Removed all the mods and cleared the caches to playtest with a random couple from Barnacle Bay to check the memory system: made the woman yell, fight and divorce and she was the only one who had the separation and divorce memories. He didn't have any, even though he was talking to his new ex wife. He then autonomously yelled at her and had a 'huge fight' memory and she didn't get any. Kid was miserable from their instant divorce but didn't get any memory at all. Some random sim called to ask to bring her kid to play with mine, the ex husband decided to forget his wife by playing ball then the game decided it was way too much bullshit and froze. Duh.

In short, a sim only get the memory if he initiated the action, which sucks since I hoped that memory sytem could be used to know what happened to a sim while you were away playing other famblies.

I think it's been suspected that the so-called memories are in fact only mere photographs in an album. Sad
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011 May 29, 02:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memories are indeed just photographs in an album. But it's still annoying. I have two sims that are married and they're both celebrities, and memories pop up when ever they do romantic actions with each other. Doesn't matter WHAT they do. Some memories are actually good, like getting married, or getting to level 10 in a job, but NOT going to the library or park or restaurant EVERY single time they visit one.
Rockermonkey
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011 May 29, 02:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why can't you just turn off the notifications? Problem solved.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2011 May 29, 04:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: