More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:50:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Late Night - Unexpected Error Occurred
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Late Night - Unexpected Error Occurred  (Read 15162 times)
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Late Night - Unexpected Error Occurred
« on: 2010 October 27, 18:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay guys, let me walk you through what I've spent the last three hours trying to do:

First, basic information about my setup
1. I'm running Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4.
2. I have enough RAM, decent enough CPU and good enough GPU. Nothing to worry about.
3. I've Googled like a bitch and now I'm tired of it.
4. I have TS3 base game, WA, HELS, Ambitions and Fast Lane installed.
5. I got hold of Late Night, reloaded version.
6. I did have Awesomemod installed earlier, removed it before starting the game.

I then proceeded to install Late Night, after downloading it. Nothing spectacular here, so read on.
Game was working fine up until this point, so I thought that this would work perfectly and went ahead with the installation.
Successfully installed Late Night, and added the new TS3EP3.exe and TSLHost.dll files. Still no explosions, so I went to start the game.
BAM. Warning dialouge pops up. Says that an "Unexpected Error Occurred". Press OK. Game terminates.
I start to investigate. Remove cache-files. Remove Preference files. Remove Mods.
Still nothing. Start to check Console with all the logs. Find this;
27.10.10 18.36.32 cider[2338] InitBusinessLogicEngine failed : 3
Google InitBusinessLogicEngine. Find out it's a dead end.
Renamed my entire The Sims 3 folder in Documents. Still nothing.
Repaired disk permissions. Created new user account. Tried to install Late Night on a clean TS3 Base Game install I have in another folder. Still nothing.

Now I'm at a loss. I have no idea what to try next - and I've reinstalled the game 5 times already, so don't suggest that unless it'll fix all my problems and create world peace.
Any ideas?

Edit and additional information:
Okay, this is really FUBAR now. I tried to install The Sims 3 on another hard drive, and after installing Fast Lane Stuff I get the same goddamn error. I mean, what the hell can I do? Seems like some people over at TheSims3.com struggle with the same as I;
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/282059.page
« Last Edit: 2010 October 27, 20:28:08 by henrikc » Logged
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Late Night - Unexpected Error Occurred
« Reply #1 on: 2010 October 28, 07:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a long shot but have you tried using twallan's no cd mod? It usually works without updating for new EPs and there may be something wrong with your crack. It's available here http://nraas.4shared.com. You could try launching the game with the original EXE and see if it errors as well, then you know it's the crack. Did you also patch each installment you have?
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 October 28, 10:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a similar problem, except the game simply crashes to desktop when I want to load a neighbourhood, without any kind of warning. I let the game generate a new folder in My Documents, but it still crashes.

I have all EPs (but no stuff packs).
borsco
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 October 28, 11:54:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem loading a neighbourhood- straight crash.  Loads okay with whole mods folder removed.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 October 28, 13:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem loading a neighbourhood- straight crash.  Loads okay with whole mods folder removed.

I'm going out on a limb here, but if it crashes with your mods in place, and doesn't crash without them, I think -- brace yourself -- it could possibly be one of your mods.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 October 28, 13:58:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going out on a limb here, but if it crashes with your mods in place, and doesn't crash without them, I think -- brace yourself -- it could possibly be one of your mods.

But why does it crash when you don't have any kind of custom content in your game? I deleted the The Sims 3 folder in My Documents, so I could try the vanilla game, but nothing changed -- it still crashes to desktop when I'm trying to open a neighbourhood. Weird.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 October 28, 14:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which neighborhood?  I had the same problem with Bridgeport from the get-go.  Turns out one of the lots was corrupt.  By fully deleting it and putting down a new blank lot with the World Editor, suddenly Bridgeport was playable for me.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 October 28, 14:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All neighbourhoods crash, not only Bridgeport. Even my old saved games won't work.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 October 28, 14:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is this talk of REPLACING files? I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to do that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 October 28, 15:31:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry myspip, but that's nowhere related to my problem. Same goes for borsco.

I have removed all cracks and replaced them with the original versions, but I still can't start the game, so I'm still stuck. Looks like there's a few others with the same problems as well.
anaelir
Asinine Airhead

No.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 October 28, 15:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I'll start a topic of my own. I was just really passionate about playing that game already.
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 October 28, 18:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, progress!
http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=386736

Okay, so my game starts. I get the launcher. No problems, so I try to start it. BAM. Motherfucking warning. No valid disk. What do I do? I look for Twallans No-CD mod. Nothing. Try Awesomemod. Nothing.
So I guess I'm back to square one. I got rid of the launching problem by removing both Ambitions and FLS, but now I can't start the game.
Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 2010 October 28, 18:55:02 by henrikc » Logged
OmegaStarr
Dimwitted Dunce

I had a psychic once. It was incredible

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 October 28, 19:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I look for Twallans No-CD mod. Nothing.

As in you can't find it? or it doesn't work? If you google NRass_nocd  its number 1.
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 October 28, 19:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, I should've elaborated.
I did find it. Downloaded it and put it in my Mods-folder in ~/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages , but it doesn't work. Seems like the supplied crack is bad as well, a lot of Mac users complain about it on TPB.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 October 28, 19:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, progress!

Okay, so my game starts. I get the launcher. No problems, so I try to start it. BAM. Motherfucking warning. No valid disk. What do I do? I look for Twallans No-CD mod. Nothing. Try Awesomemod. Nothing.
So I guess I'm back to square one. I got rid of the launching problem by removing both Ambitions and FLS, but now I can't start the game.
Any suggestions?

Er... don't use the motherfucking launcher, perhaps?

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 October 28, 19:22:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, progress!

Any suggestions?

How do you suggest I go around the launcher? By launching an .exe file on a Mac?
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 October 28, 23:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.

Edit: Oops. It seems that I must have sent it without saving the changes. But as the solution has been mentioned already, no need to do so anymore.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 29, 07:11:50 by vorpal » Logged
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 October 29, 01:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All neighbourhoods crash, not only Bridgeport. Even my old saved games won't work.

I wonder if this is some kind of patch fail or something else going wrong with the files being overwritten/updated.  I manually patched, installed LN, removed the mods folder, except for the latest test AM, and no problems.  Game loaded, lots loaded, the game played just fine without any problems.  I didn't even have to try the shouty ones thing about removing/renaming the documents TS3 folder because everything worked just fine.  I haven't tried loading a lot in Bridgeport yet, so can't say if I have the same issue as Jeromycraig.

I would suggest making a back-up of the documents folder for TS3, then uninstall and reinstall, patching each version as you go, and see what happens.
« Last Edit: 2010 October 29, 01:46:19 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2010 October 29, 01:25:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, progress!

Any suggestions?

How do you suggest I go around the launcher? By launching an .exe file on a Mac?
Yes.
O RLY? Please explain how.

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 October 29, 01:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is covered in plenty of detail elsewhere on the site. Numerous MATYians play on macs and avoid the launcher, myself included. Use the search button.

ETA: Having read your earlier posts, I'm still not clear: the method of editing the plist no longer works for you, or were you never doing it at all? AFAIK, there's no other way to avoid the launcher on a mac.

I sing along with elevator music.
spockblock
Nitwitted Nuisance

Mugged by an iceberg! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 October 29, 06:53:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, progress!

Any suggestions?

There's a thread around here if you look hard enough. I think the title of it might even be something moron-proof obvious, like "How to bypass the launcher on a Mac."

I dunno though, I'm just a simple unfrozen caveman starfleet science officer (with a cat); your "search" functions frighten and confuse me!

AIDE to Assmitten | Ask Me How!
henrikc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 October 29, 10:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, look at that. I didn't know that was even possible! The game is starting just fine now, guess it's time to get back my mods and Awesomemod.
Thank you guys! Now I just have to figure out how to get FLS and Ambitions back..
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: