More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 01:26:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesome mod just isn't working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesome mod just isn't working  (Read 32666 times)
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Awesome mod just isn't working
« on: 2010 June 19, 20:30:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OKay, I have spent the last hour trying everything to get awesomemod to work. I have Sims 3 with Ambitions. I was told to put the package in the folder, delete the cache files, etc. I have tried basically everything and yet when I load up the game nothing has changed. I don't get freezes or drops like other people, just nothing changes. Is there some way I need to activate it or something?
Homestar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesome mod just isn't working
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 19, 20:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was told to put the package in the folder

Make sure it is the right folder. Also make sure the .cfg and the .dll files are in the right place.
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 19, 20:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What .dll?

the .cfg is, but I didn't get a .dll. I know of one .dll that I heard wasn't necessary.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 19, 20:38:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly what changes were you expecting that you did not get?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Homestar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 19, 20:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, ignore the bit about the dll. I was thinking about the 3booter and fpslimiter.
Anyway, as long as the mod folder is in your base game folder it should work. Are you using the Beta or Alpha version?
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 19, 20:42:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What .dll?

the .cfg is, but I didn't get a .dll. I know of one .dll that I heard wasn't necessary.

They are referring to the old install method, not the new Ambitions one. If you are using the new method, I say framework fail, as that is what it usually is. Open up the cfg file with a txt program and have a look. If it's saying that the items need to be in Mods\Packages then you have the old one, if it's saying that the items needs to be in Packages, then it's the new .cfg. If it's the old cfg then you'd have an issue with it wanting everything in Mods\Mods\Packages.

Although HomeStar brings up a point, which AM are you using? AM for AMB is still in testing and is not the one in the AM thread, which has not been updated. There are numerous threads on getting AM to work, have you checked those?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 23:39:21 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 19, 20:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright, my setup is a tad bit different than everyone else's, but it works just fine.  I put AM in my awesome folder and the rest of the mods in my Packages folder.  That being said, here are some screen shots of how it should all look when you are all done:

The resource.cfg file should contain this:
[indent]
Priority 900
PackedFile Awesome/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Awesome/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 800
PackedFile Override/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Override/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 700
DirectoryFiles  Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 600
PackedFile Testing/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Testing/*/*/*/*/*.package
[/indent]

If you set up your folders to look like what I have then you should be able to add mods to the Awesome, Override, Packages and/or Testing folders and they should work.
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 19, 20:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What changes am I expecting? Any? My test has been the relationship changes in CAS. DUnno if there's an easier way to tell, never used the mod before.

Simius, where did you get all those folders in your Mods file. All I got was the .package.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 19, 21:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What changes am I expecting? Any? My test has been the relationship changes in CAS. DUnno if there's an easier way to tell, never used the mod before.

Simius, where did you get all those folders in your Mods file. All I got was the .package.

If you don't know how to make a folder then I probably can't help you.
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 19, 21:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how to make folders. But I mean, what's in the folders? Why did you make them? What purpose do they serve. If you needed all those folders for the Awesome mod why didn't it come with them.

I'm sorry, I'm just not in the business of making superfluous folders.

False alarm of the false alarm. It does work.

Lol, yet again. Morrigan Rant. Genius. Everyone else, you all did good to. Keep it real!
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 21:08:54 by Aldonn » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 19, 21:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know how to make folders. But I mean, what's in the folders? Why did you make them? What purpose do they serve. If you needed all those folders for the Awesome mod why didn't it come with them.

Then don't.  Maybe someone else will hold your hand and show you how to get AM to work without damaging your computer by having an extra folder or two.
Aldonn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 19, 21:24:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't saying anything like that. I was just confused. Look it works. The problem was with the .cfg. Morriganrant had it right. Thanks for your help.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 19, 21:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I assume that they made all those folders to better organize. If you only have AM then it doesn't matter. If you have a lot of custom content in .package format then it can make it easier to locate items when you have a problem.

My resource.cfg if written like this:
Priority 500
PackedFile Packages/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile Packages/*/*/*/*/*.package

Priority 500
PackedFile DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile DCCache/*/*.dbc
PackedFile DCCache/*/*/*.dbc
PackedFile DCCache/*/*/*/*.dbc

Priority 499
PackedFile Test/*.package
Priority 499
PackedFile Probation/*.package

So there is Packages, DCCahe, Test, and Probation folders within my Mods folder. DCCache is so I don't mix in .dbc files with the other .packages, making it easier to locate all the combined files. Test is for new mods and other .package files so that I can play with the items to make sure there is no issue before adding them with my other .package files. Probation was created because I was making my own .xml mods, and I use it during issue locating. In the Packages folder, there are other subfolders, Clothes, Hair, Accessories, Makeup, Objects, Tattoos, Default, Hacks. Inside Hacks is a Fixes subfolder and a Mods subfolder, depending on what the hack does it goes in one or the other. There are also subfolders in the Clothes, Hair, Objects .ect folders. It makes it easier to pin point and delete a certain item from game if I change my mind after getting it.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 19, 22:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't saying anything like that. I was just confused. Look it works. The problem was with the .cfg. Morriganrant had it right. Thanks for your help.

Yeah, morriganrant pretty much covered the logic behind it.  Sorry I was an ass.  Glad you figured out what the problem with your setup was and got it going.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 June 19, 23:04:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wanted to say that the screen captures by Simius and the breakdown of file placement by morriganrant were very helpful to me as well. Haven't played Sims3 since late November and was aware of the new Mod/Packages arrangement with Ambitiions but still did not have it quite right. This visual tute allowed me to get up to speed quite nicely. I now anticipate that the glitches I was having that were not listed by anyone in the bug threads will be gone.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 June 20, 01:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The easiest way to tell if it is working, in the cheat bar type "showconfig".  If it's not working, you'll get an invalid command, if it's working, it'll show you the settings.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Aventurine
Dimwitted Dunce

Aun Aprendo...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 June 20, 23:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding the info in this thread to coconner's stickied post might help in avoiding lots of noobs asking for help w/the new framework placement with Ambitions.

"Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot"
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 June 21, 03:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding the info in this thread to coconner's stickied post might help in avoiding lots of noobs asking for help w/the new framework placement with Ambitions.
You obviously overestimate our noobs.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
jsader
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 June 24, 22:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a lurker (who actually read all 20 pages of the first test thread) I'm so glad this information is on the first page of a thread!

THANK YOU to everyone who helped this go-round.
CaponeSim
Tasty Tourist

OUT-PROUD

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 October 17, 17:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the mod, set the config (I made only two changes to the initial config) removed all of my downloads, hacks etc and cleared the cache. When I then started The Sims 3 nothing happened. It stayed on the load screen for ten hours. I finally just killed it, removed the mod and put my downloads back where they were. Awesome Mod truly does not work for me. I get the same problem when I try to use sliders as well. So I guess I'm stuck with EAxis's bland crap.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 October 17, 17:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FRAMEWORK FAIL

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: