More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:08:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nightmare scenarios.
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nightmare scenarios.  (Read 39464 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Re: Nightmare scenarios.
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 27, 00:52:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, okay. Sorry. It's not my memory, but something seems to be spazzing out on me . . . like, the ability to read? Anyhow . . . Komei has had pretty decent looking kids in my experience, although it was only once and a long time ago.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 27, 02:24:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was - and  he has gorgeous kids!
I always marry Komei to my own sim, only to get these pretty kids.

Isn't Komei the one w/ the Pinocchio nose? Really? Are you sure? You have any pictures? It's just, my brain is unable to put that nose and "pretty" together...
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 27, 02:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't Komei the one w/ the Pinocchio nose? Really? Are you sure? You have any pictures? It's just, my brain is unable to put that nose and "pretty" together...

No, you're thinking of Benjamin Longnose. Komei is the long-haired redhead who likes kicking over trashcans.

« Last Edit: 2005 November 27, 02:40:30 by SaraMK » Logged

Fail.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 27, 02:46:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you're thinking of Benjamin Longnose. Komei is the long-haired redhead who likes kicking over trashcans.

The one w/ the really, really, really square jaw??!? Is that the one? If so, then that's even more unbelievable. I killed him off a long time ago b/c of his downright ugliness. Wow. Now I really want to see a picture! Of the kids, I mean.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 27, 03:00:46 by idtaminger » Logged
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 27, 02:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's Benjamin. His nose is actually not his worst feature. It's his mouth, which in my game gets passed on to every descendant, regardless of new DNA that gets added. It's been a plague in a challenge family.

Fail.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 27, 08:17:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's Benjamin. His nose is actually not his worst feature. It's his mouth, which in my game gets passed on to every descendant, regardless of new DNA that gets added. It's been a plague in a challenge family.

Oy, that chin.  We need a profile shot.  I have one of his sons he had with Bella.  I'll try to dig up a picture.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 27, 09:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's times like this that I really appreciate the fact that I deleted all characters!
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 27, 11:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does now. Go get it!

Yessir!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 27, 13:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one w/ the really, really, really square jaw??!? Is that the one? If so, then that's even more unbelievable. I killed him off a long time ago b/c of his downright ugliness. Wow. Now I really want to see a picture! Of the kids, I mean.
Komei isn't so bad. He actually looks quite distinguished with a beard. He has three daughters in my game, two from one of my sims, one from another townie. None of them look horrible! Also, Komei has, by far, one of the better personalities in the game. He is definitely A-list as far as townie material goes. He doesn't even look freaky!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 27, 14:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like JM, I don't think Komei is bad looking at all. He looks much nicer with short hair (he's got a very super-hero sort of face), and glasses also help balance out his face. The one time I married him to a playable character they produced two pretty daughters - and the mother was adopted!  Cheesy

Benjamin Long and Kennedy Cox, though, have the same template face and desperately need makeovers. Eurgh.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 27, 14:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Komei as well, he looks quite rugged when given a proper hairstyle and facial hair, add new clothes and he is set. He usually comes with a full compliment of skills and near the top of his career in my game.

Kennedy isnt so bad either, but that ski slope nose can get out of control, he also usually has a full array of skills and a good career, not to mention 9 out of 10 times he comes with loads of cash.

Actually most of the townie guys arent too freakish, its the NPC men and the most of the townie women in general that tend to look rather hideous.

Speaking of cash, it sure would be nice if when you add an NPC to your family that they actually came with their 1k, it says they do, but they dont. At least they usually have skills. And my amnesia mod doesnt seem to be working anymore, all the NPCs get a mind wipe again. I have to invite them over for a date and make it a night and do the proposing and marriage right then and there so they at least have some corresponding memories.

And one last thing, what is the deal with men and birthday cakes? I have not been able to get any dad to grow up his baby yet, I can go through several cakes trying to make it happen, finally I give up and hand the kid over to mom and wham it works...usually just barely in the nick of time for potty training. And why cant toddlers eat their cake? There is no serve option on the cake...

And to stay on topic, I generally dont have any nightmare scenarios, other than Cassandra starving herself the other day due to my mismanagement.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 27, 18:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of cash, it sure would be nice if when you add an NPC to your family that they actually came with their 1k, it says they do, but they dont.

That issue has been fixed with Nightlife. The NPC's now bring in a random amount of cash, just like the Townies.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 27, 23:41:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My worst time was when Simone Le Gassey's idiotic child Adrian refused to learn to walk (all needs were green at the time, to this day I'm not sure why his bleeding learning bar kept going backwards), then, when he finally did grow into a child - in the bathroom no less, I had to remodel the house to give him a bedroom.  After doing so Kennedy and Simone both wanted to get Adrian into private school.

So what does Kennedy do while Simone is showing the headmaster around?  Sets the bloody house on fire cooking chilli.  Simone raced the HM upstairs to show him around up there, and then at the end of the tour he goes and glitches on me so interacting with him became impossible.  Actions were just dropping out of the sims' queues like flies.  He would not even come to eat the hamburgers that Kennedy finally managed to cook.  I decided to quit and go back to the last save (despite it being a legacy, this was a bug!  Surely I could get around that little rule for a bug!) and then remembered I hadn't saved since rebuilding the house, but when the game asked if I wanted to save, instead of hitting cancel, I hit 'no'.  Dammit.  Had to relive Adrian's stupidity as a toddler because of my own silliness.

I'm now finally up to generation four and have finally seen a return to the red hair/ blue eyes combination that Simone started with.  Still no baby girls though.  Sniff.

(Adrian really is an idiot of a knowledge sim, even now as an elder with all skills maxed he is continually getting electric shocks and starting fires.  He'll always be my pointy-eared doofus.)

<insert witty comment here>
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 28, 00:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well reg, I guess in my game it doesnt, although the potty trick still works for me.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 28, 21:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first time I made an avatar sim and paired her with my RL boyfriend, things were going spectacularly until I died from the flu caused by some mean townie kicking over the trash and giving us roaches.

Not only did I die, which devastated our 6 children, all of whom had "Death of a Family Member" in their fear slots, but I died just after the 3:00 school bus showed up and there were two visiting children on the lot and, more importantly, blocking the path to saving me. 

So I die, I can't be saved, and my children are all in the red including my teenage daughter who was in line to try out the rejeuvenator.  She still hopped in and was promptly drained and nearly died as well.  My teenage son, a neat freak, spent the next 3 three hours crying about the roaches instead of potty training our newly adopted toddler, who soiled herself and had flies buzzing around her.   That was a terrible afternoon.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 29, 04:55:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"The one w/ the really, really, really square jaw??!? Is that the one? If so, then that's even more unbelievable. I killed him off a long time ago b/c of his downright ugliness. Wow. Now I really want to see a picture! Of the kids, I mean."

Here is the toddler of Komei - pretty?

[attachment deleted by admin]
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 29, 05:05:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

who the hell is irresponsible enough or even sick enough to allow their sim to have  a baby by komei tellerman Undecided Shocked
that is a nightmare scenario Cheesy

I was - and  he has gorgeous kids!

I always marry Komei to my own sim, only to get these pretty kids.

I agree.  I married Komei off to someone soon after I got TS2..and he had very good looking children.  It sourta surprised me..b/c I find him a little....umm ape looking lol, but his children come out surprisingly good looking.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 29, 06:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Not bad. Not bad at all. But toddlers can morph, as we all know. lol. Any adult pictures? I'd love to see!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 29, 06:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I was thinking.  Toddlers and children, even teens, do not fully develop the stronger features until they turn into adults.  This is technically because of facial blending.  There is a cheat to turn this off, but it has to be entered before the baby is born, and it can make them look strange until they grow up, LOL.  Benjamin Long's son by Bella Goth had a long nose as a teen, but it wasn't until he graduated from Uni that his nose and chin really came out.  I put a goatee on him, and that helps downplay his chin.  He looks kinda like a picture of a crescent moon with the sharp, protruding nose and chin.
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 29, 08:00:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may not have the order in which these circumstances occurred exactly right, but nevertheless it was a nightmare.

Two sims had just gotten married, and they had a little house that had on the second floor, their main bedroom and a small second bedroom that was hardly large enough to serve as a nursery.  The husband was in the culinary career and the wife was in the business career.  She was pregnant and he had the skills needed to gain a promotion from his job as an Executive Chef, and I was saving up their cash so they could move into a bigger house and start a larger family.  Their current house really wasn't big enough for even one child past the toddler stage, so two children were totally out of the question.

Bad things started happening when the husband decided to go get the bills right before his carpool arrived, and once it did, I instructed him to put the bills down and go to work, only instead of him putting the bills down on the floor, he set them down on the stoop leading up to the front door and they vanished.  (At this point I had none of the "Kill Stuck Bills" fixes nor was I aware of the "Force Bill Delivery" option in BoolProp)  So the guy went to work while his wife stayed in bed pregnant.  I had already set up the second bedroom in preparation for the baby, with a crib, diaper changer and some toys.

The husband got a chance card, and I remembered the Sporks of Steel choice had worked before for this particular chance card, so that's what I selected.  Unfortunately, it didn't work this time and he got fired.  So he came home and moped for a bit.  After he cheered up a little bit I was able to get him back on the Culinary career at the position just below Executive Chef.  After a day or two at work he was able to get back up to Executive Chef so things were back where they had been.  The child had been born and things seemed to be getting back to normal.  One problem had been that  I had timed the birth badly so that in the days following the baby's arrival the wife did not have work, so she was not making any money, much less obtaining the promotion(s) she was ready for.  At this point they were receiving nasty phone calls about the missing bills, but I couldn't do anything about it except hope that they could make it to Tuesday.  They had enough money, as I had been saving and saving so that they could afford a larger house, and they had something like 19,000 simoleons in their account to be used toward that goal.

Then, the husband, who was all set skill-wise and work quality-wise to get a promotion,  got the chance card for Executive Chef again, and I decided that since Sporks of Steel did not work before, I would choose Blend N' Send instead.  Well, this one didn't work either, so he lost two logic points, which he needed for promotion, and also lost 20k simoleons.  There went their entire nest egg for the new house.  The family felt the full effect of that penalty, as they had close to 20k simoleons, but not more, so their bank account dropped down to nothing.  It was a pretty devastating development.

Since the husband had lost logic points that he needed for a promotion (and they now really needed the bonus money that came with promotions, being broke and all), I sent him out back that night to use the expensive telescope.  That was when I suffered one of only three legitimate alien abductions I've had since I've had the game.  While he was flying around being anally probed, the repo man came and took the child's toys in retribution for their unpaid bills. 

So the husband came back, and was now pregnant with an alien baby.  They did not have space in the house for a second child, and had no money.  Since he still needed two logic points to gain a promotion, which they desperately needed, he was not able to get a promotion before his belly grew and he was forced to stay home on paternity leave.  Fortunately by the time that had happened his wife had gotten back to work and had been able to get a promotion, thus starting the slow road to the financial recovery they needed to support their growing family.  It was hellish for a while, especially since I needed to turn their family room into a makeshift nursery for the new green kid.  Fortunately it didn't last long as the wife got not only promotions but also a chance card that resulted in a financial windfall.  If that hadn't happened, I probably would have had her leave him. (And wouldn't you have if you were her?)

I had another nightmare scenario in the Sims 1 that was more amusing than nightmarish.  I had downloaded Flaming Moe from either Sims on a Stick or Simstitution (I'm not sure which site had this item), which was a defaced flamingo that would catch any sim who interacted with it on fire.  I tossed Flaming Moe in the backyard of a family (that had been created for no purpose other than to torment and harass the rest of the neighborhood: not one nice point among five of them!) and left it there, sitting.... waiting.... like undetonated ordinance or something.

Anyway, the family was asleep one night (technically they weren't a family at all, as none of them liked each other or even looked like each other, especially the child, who had in his biography that none of the adults in the house had any idea whose kid he was) so I was off looking at their badly furnished living room or something when I heard activity going on in the kitchen.  The child, Tommy, had gotten up at 3:30 AM and was helping himself to snacks from the fridge despite the fact that there had been a perfectly good meal on the counter he needed to bypass to get to the refrigerator.  That annoyed me, but what could I do?

So I go back to the sleeping sims to see if any of them were ready to wake up, which none of them were.  Then I noticed that Tommy had left the kitchen.  I checked him out to see what he was doing, and to my horror he was going out into the backyard to STARE at Flaming Moe!  Since he did it autonomously, I let it go, and just as it advertised, Flaming Moe lit Tommy up.  Much shrieking ensued as the flames comsumed this mean, mean child.

I got right on it, and forced the green-haired Timmy (the patriarch of the family, if indeed anyone could possibly have that title) to wake up and race into the backyard to hose down the flaming child.  Sadly, he was not in time, and Tommy had perished.  Timmy probably should have been worried about the now-violent-and-widespread forest fire tearing through his backyard, but instead he was pleading with the Grim Reaper to spare Tommy's sad, sad life.  It was terrible!  A child!  Burned to death without pity!  Completely oblivious to the conflagration going on around them, Timmy and the Grim Reaper played Rock-Paper-Scissors for Tommy's life.  Timmy won and the Grim Reaper agreed to resurrect Tommy.  Unfortunately he wasn't very observant and brought Tommy back right into the middle of the fire, so Tommy promptly burned to death again.  This brought a second Grim Reaper onto the scene, and Timmy confronted him about sparing Tommy's life.  Fortunately or un, when Timmy beat this Grim Reaper in a game of Rock-Paper-Scissors, everything in the backyard, including Flaming Moe, had been burned to the ground. So Tommy wasn't going to catch fire again.

He did, however, have to go to school immediately thereafter, and needless to say his grade point average didn't fare too well that day.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 29, 10:27:01 by cwhitney » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 29, 10:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow. Not bad. Not bad at all. But toddlers can morph, as we all know. lol. Any adult pictures? I'd love to see!

Lol, you will have to wait for that 4 (toddler) + 8 (child) sim days, and even then I can get a shot of a YA only, not an adult.

But from previous experience with the kids of Komei - I am quite sure he will be pretty...Smiley.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 29, 10:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You suck, and also, you need the Fire Mod, which suppresses the urge to run back into the fire to scream at it. Plus if your sims have seen enough fires, instead of spazzing on sight, they'll automatically put it out.

Nah-it's funnier to watch them burn  Tongue I know I suck though Grin

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 29, 16:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My nightmare involves children - don't they all?  Prosperity CAS family called Embargo rolled random with one adult (Sugar), three boys (Jam, Malt and Barley), and one toddler (Flour).  Lived on the yard with a tiny bathroom and little baby room where Flour can scream her heart out when she wakes up.  Poor Sugar was a sloppy Knowledge sim and not very bright either.   Was unusually hard to get her in green.  Kept her at home to avoid nanny disasters and teach kids all the kid stuff.   Problem was, every day the boys came home from school badly needing to pee (no-one pees at school?), filthy as hell, all insisting on placing their homework in the bathroom,  and every one of them bringing home a new friend.  At one point I paused to take a picture of kids everywhere, and laughed hysterically.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 29, 20:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, you will have to wait for that 4 (toddler) + 8 (child) sim days, and even then I can get a shot of a YA only, not an adult.

But from previous experience with the kids of Komei - I am quite sure he will be pretty...Smiley.

Well, today Boni (Komei's son)  had a birthday, and became a child. Still pretty...Smiley

[attachment deleted by admin]
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 30, 23:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh he is a cutie

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: