More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 15:22:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 Released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 Released  (Read 105727 times)
sabuskin
Asinine Airhead

^^ Im a girl.. to clear things up :D

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.3 Released
« Reply #125 on: 2009 July 31, 19:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didnt even know you could have babies with the Grim!!
Now im sad.. i would have liked to try it   Grin
diskoh
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 July 31, 20:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're running the razor version, the original TS3 and TSLHost files are in a backup folder in the iso.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 July 31, 20:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have a mac, but the lag has made the game unplayable. Especially when I go to CAS.
I could cry.
Edit: it is not the patch per se, as it works perfectly without the mod folder, with quick saves too.
What to do?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 21:37:28 by Indiasong » Logged
Nova
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 July 31, 22:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Symantec Endpoint says it's clean.

Trend Micro passed the test also.  I'll let you guinea pig the actual crack though.  Yes, I'm scared. 
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: 2009 July 31, 22:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine updated at last, but now it's really, REALLY slow  Sad My sim got to work a half hour before her shift ended, and here are all the town's kids, who never got into the school:

Come to think of it, I'm going to have to do something about those fugly townies  Undecided
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 July 31, 23:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just reinstalled afresh and patched. On Mac. The game is nearly unplayable, vanilla.
We got (at last!) shadows and smooth edges, but if you turn them on the lag and slowness are incredible. BTW, the game is a lot more slow even with those new settings off: in short, it sucks MORE than before.

To top everything, there's no way to have awesomemod work. With enablescripterror it crashes at load screen, without enablescriptetc. it hangs indefinitely. No difference with or without physical DVD - the game never asks for DVD, even with DisableCDCheck disabled: it hangs and stop. I want to cry.

ETA: Nevermind. That FUCKER of a patch deleted my d3dx9_31.dll. Restored the dll, it loads.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 31, 23:48:46 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 August 01, 20:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now I've got real problems. First, the patch wouldn't completely install. It came up with the "File not found" error. I removed all mods and CC, tried again, same error. I made sure the original .exe and .dll files were installed, same error. I replaced all the .ini files with the original files just in case, same error.

So I figured, fine, the game still says it's version 1.2.07, I'll just keep playing that. Only I couldn't play it, it kept crashing to the desktop as soon as it reached the screen where you choose a neighborhood/family to play. With or without any mods or CC, the same thing happened. Quaint note, the first time I tried to load the game after the patch failure, I got a popup notice telling me the Awesomemod expired on July 15, 2009 and I had to download and install the latest version. Which I did, and still the game crashed.

So I tried to uninstall the game and it told me I couldn't uninstall until I completed the patching. I gave up and deleted the Electronics Arts folder and tried to reinstall. It told me the version I was trying to install (1.0.631) is older than the one already installed (1.2.07) and I have to uninstall the newer one first. I deleted everything I could find with "Sims 3" on it, including the registry entry. The installer is still detecting an installation of version 1.2.07 and won't let me reinstall.

I have the Reloaded retail version.

What else do I have to locate and eliminate before this effing game will reinstall?  Angry
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 August 01, 21:14:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you search the register for everything "Electronics Arts" and "Sims" related? There must still be entries in there. Uninstall the EA Downloader too if you can.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 August 02, 03:02:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled the downloader, I searched the registry and removed everything that I could find that pertained to Sims 3 and the goddamn installer still tells me I have to uninstall the patched (v. 1.2.07) game before I can reinstall.

What the FUCK is going on here? Just how many clandestine files has this POS software crammed onto my computer? I'm at a complete loss. I don't know what else to do, short of a complete system reinstall, which I've never done and don't want to attempt. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: 2009 August 02, 03:13:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your Temp folder (checking to make sure it's not hidden first, of course).  The patch puts a shitload of corrupted files in there.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 August 02, 03:30:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lonesome Dove: What are you using to clean up your registry? Just manually? I used CCleaner and it removed all the registry files after uninstalling TS3, and I used it after all patching and it removed some more leftovers too.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 August 02, 04:19:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I have cleaned out the temp folder.

I also ran CC Cleaner as well as TuneUp Utilities to clean the registry before I went in manually to try to find out what was keeping the game "alive."

Nothing works! I thought I was pissed at EA before, but this fiasco is absolutely boiling my blood.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
LuciaSama
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 August 02, 14:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tinyurl.com/ksg6d2

Try going through all of that just to double check. I did everything it told me and my game was completely uninstalled after I was done, allowing me to happily reinstall. Make sure you delete EVERYTHING from your HD pertaining to the sims. (I actually left the stuff in My Documents for the game though and it still installed correctly. Shrug.)
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 August 02, 15:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Mac digital download version. There is no 1.3 patch for my version, EA admits on their site that they don't have one yet. So, since I can't get the Unholy Hybrid to work at all, I am going with previous AwesomeMod version (and not mentioning any bugs or problems) until I can figure out a way to patch. Even Mac patches on other sites don't work. Ugh. Any suggestions - either for getting the 1.3 patch somewhere that works for the dd version, or else to get the Unholy Hybrid to work - would be very welcome.
GnatGoSplat
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 August 02, 21:20:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the only NoCD crack I've found so far that claims to be for 1.3.24

Has anybody tried this yet?  Also, has anybody found a different version that is proven to work?

That NoCD crack I linked to earlier works fine.  It's also the proper 1.3.24 version.

I managed to upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.3.24 without a single issue.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 August 02, 22:46:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://tinyurl.com/ksg6d2

Try going through all of that just to double check. I did everything it told me and my game was completely uninstalled after I was done, allowing me to happily reinstall. Make sure you delete EVERYTHING from your HD pertaining to the sims. (I actually left the stuff in My Documents for the game though and it still installed correctly. Shrug.)

Thank you very, very much for that link. I discovered several files that needed to be deleted, in places I never would have thought to check. I also discovered that SecuROM was installed on my system again. I thought EA swore up and down it wasn't going to use SecuROM with TS3. Now I discover that installing the EADM infects your computer. So what are we supposed to do to install store content, arred or otherwise?

This crap is turning me off TS3 big time. But I do thank you for the advice, at least I've got the thing reinstalled and completely patched, and I know how to wipe it completely off when I decide I've had enough of it. Which shouldn't be long, at this rate.
DoraDoraBoBora
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 August 03, 16:32:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For what it's worth, I just thought I'd post that I managed to install the patch (Razor) and have NO issues with my game. I was already patched up to the previous version. I wasn't originally going to patch, mainly because I had no major game issues, but then I decided I missed Awesomemod too much. Besides, I was reading all the panic about this patch and the breaking of games, and that was a bit of a turn off, too. But ultimately I decided, meh, it's just a game. I can reinstall.

So the first time I tried to patch I got an Invalid File error. Looking in rtpatch.log, I saw the file was the TSLhost.dll file, so I restored the original, and it patched just fine. I used the patch Pescado posted at the beginning of this thread, NOT the launcher.

I did NOT remove ANY mods, patterns, or other CC, since I remembered reading something by Motoki (I think?) and Pescado that said you didn't need to.

My game is running just fine after installing the newest version of Awesomemod. No errors, all CC is showing up fine, no issues with my saves or odd Sim behaviour. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe it was a result of not modding my game. (I know some people have downloaded big overhauls.) I'm not using a NoCD crack, because Awesomemod has taken care of that. (Hurray!) I'm not seeing any big performance fixes or anything with this new patch, but I hadn't really expected to. (Sims seem to idle a lot less, but I don't know if that counts.)

Obviously a lot of people are having trouble with this patch, and I feel bad for them. But at the same time I'm mildly annoyed by all the "THIS PATCH WILL RUIN YOUR GAME DON'T DOWNLOAD IT A BLOO BLOO BLOO" I've been seeing. It really had me paranoid, and ultimately for no reason. Yes, absolutely you should post your experiences to get help and inform others, but there's a difference between a bug report and shouting "BOMB" in a crowded area.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded, pissy post. I know I'm not a regular forumer, and it's not my intention to get into a big dick-waving contest with anyone. (Especially since I don't have one!)

tl;dr: Patch worked after following instructions with no issue.
cascaneda
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 August 03, 19:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to inform I tried the link provided by GnatGoSplat and apparently it updated the game to V1.3.24.00002 without any problem.

the sims 3 is still a poor game but at least the crack works and the patch removes some critical issues like player-created families disappear or babies coming from nowhere

Anyway, sorry for the long winded, pissy post. I know I'm not a regular forumer, and it's not my intention to get into a big dick-waving contest with anyone. (Especially since I don't have one!)

Now THIS would be a funny and challenging game for a change.
Lonesome Dove
Asinine Airhead

It's not my fault!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 August 03, 22:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now THIS would be a funny and challenging game for a change.

Not if EA programmed it.  Tongue

I'm okay so far after the reinstall and double patching. I'd saved my C:/My Documents/Electronic Arts folder before I deleted the actual game, and was I surprised to find that everything was still installed and working! All my saved games, my installed content, everything. I didn't expect that.

I used the Launcher to install a really nice lot, and no SecuROM showed up afterward so it really is just the Download Manager that's putting that shit out. As long as EA's pulling that crap they deserve to have their game, and their store crap, arred. What possible reasoning can they have to keep using that vile, universally hated, and easily circumvented program on their software?
Owlbear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 August 04, 04:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you believe

'GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\CustomMusic\Blame It On Me.mp3' Error: err0025 - File not found

It won't patch unless I have a song.  Yeah, that's really important, EA.
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 August 04, 05:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would you believe

'GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\CustomMusic\Blame It On Me.mp3' Error: err0025 - File not found

It won't patch unless I have a song.  Yeah, that's really important, EA.

Funny. Considering how I deleted all of those and filled folder with my music and patched easily.

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2009 August 04, 16:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can somebody confirm that EA lied about scrapping the impact of specific meals on offsprings' genders but instead just scrapped the option to cook specific meals entirely? After patching my sims can't cook anything but generic meals, no apple pan cakes or apple whatsoever anymore...

In addition it seems that the general meal quality is lower also. I'm almost absolutely sure that my lvl10 chef with cooking trait was perfectly capable to cook some meals (beyond the obvious) in perfect quality before the patch but isn't anymore after the patch. I think it's because "refine" doesn't do anything anymore (not sure if it's "refine" in the english game, I'm referring to the interaction only sims with the cooking trait can do).
troynalley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2009 August 04, 17:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here is the only NoCD crack I've found so far that claims to be for 1.3.24

Has anybody tried this yet?  Also, has anybody found a different version that is proven to work?

That NoCD crack I linked to earlier works fine.  It's also the proper 1.3.24 version.

I managed to upgrade from 1.2.7 to 1.3.24 without a single issue.

Thanks alot I patched and kept getting this ugly picutre, i've been looking for a new no cd crack..Thanks a bunch
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2009 August 04, 18:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can somebody confirm that EA lied about scrapping the impact of specific meals on offsprings' genders but instead just scrapped the option to cook specific meals entirely? After patching my sims can't cook anything but generic meals, no apple pan cakes or apple whatsoever anymore...

I am making apple pancakes just fine post patch.

In fact, one of my sims autonomously made flame fruit pancakes with the flame fruit I kept in his inventory to get the warm and fuzzy moodlet.  Roll Eyes

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Silverdrake
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: 2009 August 04, 23:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eep! I should stash the life fruits with a sim that doesn't cook, so they don't end up in pancakes  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: