More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:29:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Breeding stock in the sim bin for Indie Stone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Breeding stock in the sim bin for Indie Stone  (Read 14557 times)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Breeding stock in the sim bin for Indie Stone
« on: 2009 July 22, 03:13:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay since I'm using Indie Stone full time now due to the the Awesomemod compatibility I've decided to keep some breeding stock in my sim bin. Indie has a feature to create new sims based on existing genetics of sim templates in your sims bin so it will breed two random ones then breed that offspring with another random one and make a new sim (unrelated to any existing sim) based on that.

Anyone have any suggestions for places to get interesting looking not too terribly Jello puddingish sims to download? I've just downloaded a ton and need to sort through which ones I want to keep. Not necessarily looking for all beautiful ones, but interesting features and non generic looking, preferably that will breed well, is good.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Breeding stock in the sim bin for Indie Stone
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 22, 03:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pudding Factory doesn't contain enough?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 22, 03:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I raided the pudding factory.

Where is yours by the way?

I made a sim me, or as close as I could get anyhow. I should post it I suppose.

Sime Ingie is getting moved into a lovely little English Garden home. Wink

I am not sure I have a home that is Pescado worthy yet.

everybodyhatesclifton
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 22, 03:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting bitch-slapped for asking, what's the pudding meme all about?  Is there a user guide here for this sort of thing.  I promise to read it if there is and never ask about it again.   Grin
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 July 22, 04:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting bitch-slapped for asking, what's the pudding meme all about?  Is there a user guide here for this sort of thing.  I promise to read it if there is and never ask about it again.   Grin
If I'm correct, the whole pudding thing is because in TS3 the faces are kind of puffly looking, like pudding, if that makes sense. And as for user guide, the closest thing I can think of is the MATY wikka.
Edited to fix failure at linking.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 July 22, 04:10:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the risk of getting bitch-slapped for asking, what's the pudding meme all about?
As far as I can figure it's a reference to TS3 sims all being "pudding-faced" (pudding-face: noun. a large fat human face  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pudding-face).

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 July 22, 04:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay my observations in hunting around for sims to download for breeding stock:

Hate to say it, but the celeb sims are by far the most unique, interesting and non generic looking ones. Some people have actually manage to get really close facsimiles even without any custom content. I'm kind of impressed.

Getting sims at The Exchange and TSR is the suck because they use those ultra cartoony icon pics that don't give a good idea of what the sim looks like or what you are getting. They also annoyingly use sims3pack. Tongue

There really needs to be more male hair, everyone uses the same one style pretty much because all the rest are weird or fug.

There's a distinct lack of ethnic sims to download or for that matter even certain kind of non ethnic ones. The males tend to me all dark broody looking types with wide jaws and facial hair or scruff, women all tend to have arched eyebrows and big Angelina lips bla bla.

Anyway, I got a ton of sims from various sources so we will see what I end up with. Might do a wolfrun on a cleaned neighborhood but then that means having to place a bunch of houses down which takes AGES in this damned game. Ugh.

Is there an download of a neighborhood devoid of people but not houses or any quick way to kill EVERYONE off? I guess I could kick everyone out on a house by house basis. Tongue

Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 July 22, 04:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could use the command destroyallhumans, if you want. I think therapture does something similar, but I'm not 100% sure about that one.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2009 July 22, 04:42:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Depends on what you consider 'interesting'... Here is a sample from my own game, just random 'odd for the sake of oddness' sims.

Here's a son:

And a daughter:

(I can get more offspring pics on demand, this guy has over 30 kids in my game. Because, dammit, I'm going to have my hood of freaky looking aliens, abduction or no.)

In non-alien, but still alien, there's this one:

John Smith - attached below

I really need to make a second attempt at this one though, made him before the smiling in CAS was eradicated, and I was never happy with that nose. Apparently I did already fix the mouth, and the nose is slightly improved also.

One of his sons:

Dave Smith - attached below

I can upload any of these if anyone wants them.

* John_Smith.rar (198.82 KB - downloaded 252 times.)
* Dave_Smith.rar (350.8 KB - downloaded 237 times.)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 22, 05:22:40 by Faizah » Logged

Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 July 22, 04:43:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GOS has some really nice, unique looking sims available for download. That's where I've been getting mine.

I sing along with elevator music.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 July 22, 04:47:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Faizah: I was thinking to do an alien neighborhood, but will probably keep that one separate since I don't think they'd mix so well with regular humans. I also feel like it's much more a pain in the butt to make alien-ish faces in this game than TS2. Tongue

For now though if you want to upload the humans I'll take them.

crunk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 July 22, 04:52:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ll30 Sims has a decent selection of sims from several different creators.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 July 22, 05:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay thanks checking out some of those sites and downloading now.

Most of the ones at GOS use custom skins, but I prefer not to coat my sims in a glaze like a honey baked ham, so not sure how they will look without the custom skins. We'll see!

I guess the most useful to me are ones that have somewhat unique sculpted features via the sliders (which admittedly are rather a pain in the butt to do) rather than look good due to some painted on custom skins.

I'm finding a fair bit now. I think I have too many and might need to weed out some of the generic and samey looking ones. Hmm. I guess I need a good balance of both or otherwise I'll always think 'Oh that's so & so's nose!' so I need some generics to balance it out, but not too many.

minidoxigirli
Feckless Fool

ESFP- I'm a speshul snowflake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 July 22, 05:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went on the official exchange and found a bunch there.  Look for people's second and third gen legacy families.  Most of the time the freaky "perfect" genetics blended with ordinary townies makes nice normal looking people.

My claim to Sims fame?  I was featured as a Sims 2 fan on an MTV show about The Urbz.  I'm badass like that.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 July 22, 05:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went on the official exchange and found a bunch there.  Look for people's second and third gen legacy families.  Most of the time the freaky "perfect" genetics blended with ordinary townies makes nice normal looking people.

Hmm, good point. Exchange has a lot of crap but it's such a zoo and you have to go by those cartoony pics. Also the legacy stuff will probably be on lots which means I'd have to place the damned lot, take them to a mirror, save their template to the bin, then get rid of the lot I don't want, which so far as I can tell from my file digging with the neighborhood workshop, sims records never get completely deleted from the save even if you've completely deleted them from the hood. Sad

Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2009 July 22, 05:23:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've attached the last two sims to my previous post, now. (The human-looking ones.)

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 July 22, 09:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Daaaang, Faizah, that daughter must stop Christmas from coming -- but how?!

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 July 23, 19:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update on this experiment with some I must say disappointing results.

I ended up getting over 350 sims for the sim bin. I guess I have the extreme trait. Tongue And Let me tell you the CAS runs like ass when you have that many.

Okay this is mostly reposted from what I already wrote at MTS:

I did tests with a couple of wolfruns on the fastest speed, shortest life span, highest Indy Stone update setting and after destroying all the humans the neighborhood came with by default.

I found that ISM grabs a couple of sims from the CAS and then holds onto them for dear life while populating the town. Basically I end up with towns where all the families look the same or same-ish. They all look like relatives of each other even though they are not.

The first time I ran this experiment I had a whole town who all had this very distinct face that must have come from one of the celeb sims I downloaded. The features were very obvious and recognizable (and not very attractive Tongue) and each time a family was generated there were sims who looked like this.

I have hundreds of sims to choose from in the bin, but it seems that ISM is going back to the same sim or few sims each time it makes a new family instead of going back and grabbing new random breeding stock for each new family it creates.

The second wolfrun I did the sims were not quite so striking (and hideous!) looking but in fact were very generic looking, however they all still very much looked the same or same-ish.

Again, it seems the first time ISM went to create new sims it picked a few. Then it saved those few and has them locked away in a forced breeding experiment lab off screen. Wink

The problem with this is, there's no genetic diversity and it is somewhat disappointing as I spent a lot of time downloading hundreds of sims because I wanted ISM to have lots and lots of variety to choose from. Instead, it just grabs a few sims in the beginning and always uses those few forever so you get a neighborhood that all look like they were inbred with each other. Sad

To add to the already annoying samey-ness caused by ISM using the same sims over and over again, sub-par TS3 genetics (vs TS2s) is the damned genetic hair bug (feature?).

Observe.

This is just one of many families in the town that are like this. There's basically a mom and a dad and a bunch of mini-mes.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009 July 24, 21:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple of ugly ass blue trolls and a few ugly ass green goblins... but 90% of my sims are normal looking people in the sim bin.  I was curious why almost every family was green... I guess that explains it.
Aaroc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2009 July 25, 01:09:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now hat you mention it, I do recall my latest wolf run resulted in an awful lot of my townies having the same freakishly bright red hair that I'd put on one of my Library sims.
shannon_elaine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009 July 29, 04:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this hatred for "barbie" looking Sims so I've been working on some that have unusual and interesting genetics to pass on. I have a few up at EA now under this same name and I'm going to be uploading more tonight and tomorrow.

The Original "Yuppie Goth"
vikitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2009 July 29, 04:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doctor Who sim for the win!

I found a very very very realistic Paris Hilton sim -- might pop her into the bin to breed.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2009 July 29, 05:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Paris Hilton" and "breed" do not belong in the same sentence, thank you. *shudders*
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2009 July 29, 13:37:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm glad Motoki went to the trouble and test this. The feature does indeed sound interesting in theory. Too bad it doesn't work like it's supposed to. Have you reported this to the creators yet? Are they going to fix it?

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2009 July 29, 14:10:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In non-alien, but still alien, there's this one:

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p282/Lady_Faizah/TS3/DocDuck.jpg
John Smith

Doctor Who sim for the win!

I wondered if anyone would catch that. Not quite the best sim though, I think it looks more like Ducky from NCIS, on the side view.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: