More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 12:55:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Adding memories to a sim with the SimPe
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Adding memories to a sim with the SimPe  (Read 14470 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Adding memories to a sim with the SimPe
« on: 2005 November 16, 17:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if in your game Skip Broke has memories. In my game he doesn't have memories at all, except the two tokens "I am dead".

But Dustin has the memory of Skip teaching him to potty train, and walk.

I revived him with the SimPe, and all went well. But suddenly, each time I enterred the lot, all the family was on the sidewalk, in a default pose (like they were on their first day there) - no matter if I left them playing chess or something.

I took Dustin to the community, and when he returned - all the family was again on the sidewalk.

I  left Brandi at 10 AM and exited the game, and when I enterred - all the family was at home, on the sidewalk, including Skip and the kids, which got one grade minus for missing school.

I have two more families there - Mortie and Bella (revived too) with a baby, and Cassandra/CAS sim with a baby. It never happened at Bella's house, altough she was revived too.

Bella has some memories about Cassie and Alex, before the token "I am dead" (which I deleted, together with her death memory at Cassie and Mortie).

How can I add memories to Skip? It seems that the lack of memories causes the "stand default" action.

I restored a previous game, married Brandi to a CAS sim, and all worked well - no "stand default" action.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Adding memories to a sim with the SimPe
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 16, 17:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is Skip linked or unlinked?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 22:37:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahhmm...what is "linked"?...Smiley
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 16, 23:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are actually two Skip Broke ghosts, so the only way you can be sure you revive the right one is to uncheck the ghost box in SimPE for the one that has entries in the Relationships list.  An Unlinked sim doesn't have any relationships, they're a sort of clone.  But you can give him the memories and the relationships, but be very careful!

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 16, 23:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZZ, I deleted the "I am dead" from the right Skip (user 90, with family tree showing Dustin and Beau).

I tried some advise here (forgot who it was), teleported him while the tokens were still checked. Of course I couldn't interact with him and he vanished.

After that I used the O-Nomitron, and he was available for resurrecting, while before he wasn't. Great!

But at the first woohoo - Brandy and he jumped off the bed on the order "woohoo". That was the first "corrupt" sign.

If I have to be careful - I give up...Smiley. I am "master" in mischiefs...Smiley.

Nevertheless, I have to try it again. May be the bed was the cause. It never happened with Bella and Lyla.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 16, 23:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An unlinked sim can be resurrected if they have character data, such as Bella Goth.  I resurrected Skip once in Pleasantview and forgot to make him linked.  He was fine except I couldn't give him a cell phone.  I couldn't figure out why, and one thing I tried was moving him to a lot by himself.  But when I loaded the lot, he was not there, and the lot was in Build/Buy mode only.  Finally I retraced my steps through SimPE and discovered I had forgotten to make him Linked.  I have to open SimPE to see what the entry is called to make them linked.  Ok, in the Sim Browser, it will tell you under Available.  You'll see either OK, Unlinked, or No Character data.  Open the sim you want and click on Other (if you are using the graphical GUI version of SimPE).  You should see a box labeled Unlinked.  If it says 0x0000, then they are linked.  If it says 0x0001, change the last digit from a 1 to a 0 and commit.  They should now be linked.  Of coruse there are other things you'll need to do to resurrect sims but I don't remember all the steps right now.  I know they must be linked, uncheck Is Ghost, and remove the death token memories, but I would have to sit down and go thorugh each screen to write it down exactly how to do it because I don't remember what they are called when I'm not looking at it.  You can add memories or change family ties if you want, but the three things are the bare necessities I have found that you need to do in SimPE in order for them to show up in the game.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 17, 00:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Memories are added via Neighbourhood Memory in SimPE.  He doesn't need memories to function, but it helps if you at least add the ones that correlate to those held by other family members (such as "Taught Whoever to Talk" and so on).  At least then he will have something to talk about!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 17, 01:51:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I add a break-up memory in SimPE? I gave two of my sims a civilised break-up with the InSimenator (could not be bothered to go through the whole flirt-with-someone-else-and-get-slapped routine) and I would really like them to, you know, remember that they have a broken engagement behind them.

But when I get to the memory editing screen there are about six different drop-down options for breaking up, not to mention a bunch of other options I know nothing about. I'm fine with deleting memories, but this is much more confusing.  I've looked for a tutorial, but Google is not co-operating  Embarrassed
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 17, 03:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow. Indeed Skip had no character data.

But I tried again, and this time I could resurrect him, with the "no character", and the lot works fine. I teleported him, he vanished, but then Brandi was able to resurrect him with the O-Nomitron. I exited and enterred the lot a couple of times, and there was not any "start-up" position.

Nevertheless, I'll do as you suggested about the character data...Smiley.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 17, 03:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Rainbow. Indeed Skip had no character data.

But I tried again, and this time I could resurrect him, with the "no character", and the lot works fine. I teleported him, he vanished, but then Brandi was able to resurrect him with the O-Nomitron. I exited and enterred the lot a couple of times, and there was not any "start-up" position.

Nevertheless, I'll do as you suggested about the character data...Smiley.
You can't use the Skip with no character data; you must use the one that has character data and make him "linked."  There is no way to restore character data to a sim once it is gone.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 17, 03:52:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked - it's written OK. The "no character data" was of the other Skip (why they have to put two - to confuse us?...Smiley.

I changed the "unlinked" to 00000, may be because of that I see the OK.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 17, 03:55:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just looked - it's written OK. The "no character data" was of the other Skip (why they have to put two - to confuse us?...Smiley.

I changed the "unlinked" to 00000, may be because of that I see the OK.
That has been asked before.  I am not sure really, but some have suggested that one was just for the portrait you see in the family tree.  I used the one that had character data, made a note of his character ID, and changed the memories Dustin had of getting potty trained and stuff to the "correct" Skip.  I have not had any problems doing this, and he and Brandi have had another girl in my game now, who is at Uni and engaged to John and Jennifer Burb's son.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 17, 04:42:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just resurrected Darleen directly through the Resurrect-o-mitron.  I could have restored her memories of getting engaged and married to Darren, but she had the want to get engaged, so I didn't.  Funnily enough, she still had the potty trained Dirk memories etc!  then I got rid of the Darleen clone.

Zephyr Zodiac
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 17, 05:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just resurrected Darleen directly through the Resurrect-o-mitron.  I could have restored her memories of getting engaged and married to Darren, but she had the want to get engaged, so I didn't.  Funnily enough, she still had the potty trained Dirk memories etc!  then I got rid of the Darleen clone.
Darleen is one of the few you can resurrect with the Resurrect-o-nomitron.  It has something to do with the way her data was set; she might have been linked.  I think some people were able to resurrect Skip and others with the the Resurrect-o-nomitron after modifying data in SimPE, maybe just making them linked, but I don't remember for sure.  I have also heard that with NL people were able to resurrect sims they previously couldn't, but I never tried since mine were already done with SimPE. 
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 17, 15:39:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I add a break-up memory in SimPE? I gave two of my sims a civilised break-up with the InSimenator (could not be bothered to go through the whole flirt-with-someone-else-and-get-slapped routine) and I would really like them to, you know, remember that they have a broken engagement behind them.

But when I get to the memory editing screen there are about six different drop-down options for breaking up, not to mention a bunch of other options I know nothing about. I'm fine with deleting memories, but this is much more confusing.  I've looked for a tutorial, but Google is not co-operating  Embarrassed
yes you can in neighborhood memory click your sims picture and then click add to add the slot for the new memory. when you've done that click me your sims name will appear in the box as the owner of the event. go to the second box scroll through tthe various availabe memories and select broke up with$ subject then select the correct one  there are three options  engagement,which has an egagement ring icon,marriage hich has the wedding rings I con and going steady for teens which has 2 pink hearts. you will have to click each one till you find the right icon for the situation. then go to the third box scrol through the names til you find the dumped sim and click that name then click commit and close SimPE it willask if you want to save the changes click yes it will save them and then allow SimPE to be shut down

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 17, 15:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if they've gained other memories since the break-up, you can move it to where it should be by highlighting it and clicking "up".

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 17, 15:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if they've gained other memories since the break-up, you can move it to where it should be by highlighting it and clicking "up".
Thanks Zephyr I fogot to add that important detail in my post Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 17, 16:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't suppose it is important really, just makes things look right to us mere mortals!  And it took me ages to figure out how to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 17, 17:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't suppose it is important really, just makes things look right to us mere mortals!  And it took me ages to figure out how to do it!
actually it is important especialy for the memories to be cohesive and make sense! other wise you could have andult sim with his newest memory being the potty training his parents did sim years ago when he was a toddler Shocked

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 17, 17:23:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually it is important especialy for the memories to be cohesive and make sense! other wise you could have andult sim with his newest memory being the potty training his parents did sim years ago when he was a toddler Shocked

Maybe he was just a late bloomer...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 17, 17:31:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope not that late it myight be embarrassing to need a diaper change while on a date Grin

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 17, 18:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hope not that late it myight be embarrassing to need a diaper change while on a date Grin
I dont know, some people actually get turned on by that. Tongue  My ex-husband liked watching Jerry Springer, and there was this guy named Diaper Dan who had a diaper fetish.  He wore diapers and loved having his diaper changed.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 17, 19:01:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Main problem, I think, would be that all the sims he knows would suddenly get the invisible memory "Got potty trained by xxx" owned by yyy!  I know Mortimer Goth keeps telling other sims that important piece of personal history, but usually when you've never played the goths and given him something newer to gossip about!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 17, 19:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[
I dont know, some people actually get turned on by that. Tongue  My ex-husband liked watching Jerry Springer, and there was this guy named Diaper Dan who had a diaper fetish.  He wore diapers and loved having his diaper changed.
ahh but ever notice sim toddlers complain when they're diaper is changed?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 17, 19:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ahh but ever notice sim toddlers complain when they're diaper is changed?
Yeah, then they settle down.  It's so cute.  I also love how they draw their feet up when they are being put in the tub for a bath.  I remember when I was little I always flinched when my mom put me in the tub because the water always felt too hot!  I think my skin must have been more sensitive than hers because we always disagreed over the water temperature when I was a kid.  What I called hot she called warm.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: