More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 04:28:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who the hell do you think you are?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who the hell do you think you are?  (Read 24006 times)
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Who the hell do you think you are?
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 11, 19:01:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to install TJ's schoolbus - bring friend dialogue hack - before the kid gets off the bus you get the message pop-up asking if they can bring the friend home.  You get to say no if you want!

And you can say goodbye to Marsha Bruenig forever if you use the new version of SimPE to delete her.

And with the NPC and visitor Zapper, you can get rid of friends from work safely before they put there hooks into the best sofa and ruin it!

You're absolutely right, I do need to download the dialogue mod, but I wasn't sure if it was compatible with just the original, and as I'm trying to clean out my game before installing them, just thought I'd wait.
Marsha doesn't bother me, I grew her up ages ago to teen, gave her a family aspiration and the poor little thing is wandering around to be used by romance sims, never truly filling her wants. I did briefly move her in to a home long enough to allow her to produce a child, (grandma was a family sim, but her kids were mostly romance) but returned her to townie status immediately after the birth. I occasionally check her wants, and she still wants a relationship with her child, but the kid couldn't care less about her.

Also, it's not that I don't ever want company in my homes, I just want the company to behave like, er, company.

ooh, does the new EP actually delete Sims properly?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 12, 00:21:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, SimPE does.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 12, 00:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it? I thought I read on another thread - the simpe version 2nd to last - the beta - had delete sims but it mucked up other sim DNA. The latest version of simpe - alpha 0.50 does not include sim deletion?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 12, 23:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oops, that's what I meant, new PE, not EP, I love fall/winter, but my pleasantly cold room tends to wreak havoc on my typing.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 13, 11:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it? I thought I read on another thread - the simpe version 2nd to last - the beta - had delete sims but it mucked up other sim DNA. The latest version of simpe - alpha 0.50 does not include sim deletion?

I'm really anxious for comprehensive Sim deletion....unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it's quite ready for Prime Time yet. 

I'm running the latest release to the masses, 0.50, and there isn't Sim deletion. Sad  I understand that a version with deletion was released to testing, but I read in other threads there were problems.

Cannot wait to clean out some driftwood surgically.  I hate killing Sims off. (Never used a cowplant.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 13, 13:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, SimPE does.

No it doesn't. So if you have that version you'd better stop using it because it's been known to cause problems and from the sound of it lol, sounds like you have enough problems in your game already. Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 13, 13:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really anxious for comprehensive Sim deletion....unless I'm mistaken, I don't think it's quite ready for Prime Time yet. 

I'm running the latest release to the masses, 0.50, and there isn't Sim deletion. Sad  I understand that a version with deletion was released to testing, but I read in other threads there were problems.

Cannot wait to clean out some driftwood surgically.  I hate killing Sims off. (Never used a cowplant.)
if you have the sims2 enhancer  you can use it to safely delete a sim. I deleted a sim with it and it removes the sim and all character  files, I made a sim I literally named "test Subject" I put him on a lot in a existing neighborhood. saved exited and went into Sim PE to make sure he was in the neighborhood .I closed  SimPE went to sim enhancer brought up his household and clicked delete. I got the message that that would delete "test " and his character files permanently did I want to continue. I clicked ok.  and save when I went back to the neighborhood he was completely gone I played a family for a while and then saved exited and went to SIMPE to check if "Test" was still listed  in the sim Browser or character files he wasnt . if your going to do this  though I recommend you dont do it in a neighborhood that is known to be extra buggy like VeronaVille.. I used my custom hood I am playing now to do this.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 13, 13:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Simenhancer also. I haven't tried deleting a sim yet, but if you do does it delete every single trace of them? Like if it's an existing sim who has met other sims, will their memories of having met that sim be gone or will they now say "Met Unknown"? There's a lot of other files to delete when you delete a sim, particularly if they've met and interacted with other sims in the neighborhood already.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 13, 14:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the Simenhancer also. I haven't tried deleting a sim yet, but if you do does it delete every single trace of them? Like if it's an existing sim who has met other sims, will their memories of having met that sim be gone or will they now say "Met Unknown"? There's a lot of other files to delete when you delete a sim, particularly if they've met and interacted with other sims in the neighborhood already.
yest it does delete all traces including memorie of other sims meeting them.Test met and interacted with  three families  before I deleted him and I have played my families  who knew Test   and had social interaction with  him and they have no memories of ever meeting him. the only Sims listed in their memories are those still currently active that they Know and interact with

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 14, 00:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the sim DNA issue? I think Ancient Sim narrowed her issue down to using simpe to delete sims. Have you checked your sims to see if their DNA still has both dominant and recessive skintones? I'm interested to see if that error was a quirk of simpe programming, or if it is something that is mixed up in the game somehow.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 14, 00:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about the sim DNA issue? I think Ancient Sim narrowed her issue down to using simpe to delete sims. Have you checked your sims to see if their DNA still has both dominant and recessive skintones? I'm interested to see if that error was a quirk of simpe programming, or if it is something that is mixed up in the game somehow.
yes I have all of my Sims have recessive and dominant DNA listed in Sim Enhancer by name if its custom color if its a default Maxis Sim it lists  the skin and hair color and eye color , Custom is listed by a number,color and who made the  hair or eyecolor.I dont use SimPE to delete Sims as the newest version doesnt have that option .. I use Sims2 enhancer and that ompletely deletes all of the information The deleted Sim Hadit doesnt send it into limbo land somewhere amongst all the other Sim files. all of my inGame Sims  have correct DNA listed in Both Sim PE and Sim Enhancer.. For example I have Identical twin Boys that were CAS created the Mother Has Black Hair and Opaline Eye Color and Hairy Naturals skintone. The Father Has Dark Blue Eyes and Brown Hair by Janna. and Hairy naturals skintone. the Boys Dominant Genetics are listed as Black Hair by Lola which matches Mom and recessive is listed as Brown Hair by Janna . The dominant eye color for the boys is opaline and their eye color is listed as opaline. the recessive is listed as dark blue eyes which matches the father's DNA. Skin color is Hairy Naturals as both Parents have the same skin tone

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 14, 04:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bangelnuts. Damn I would like to have the ability to delete a sim but still refuse to pay for SimEnhancer. Sad At least there's a way to do it where it's not mucking up your game.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 14, 04:59:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bangelnuts. Damn I would like to have the ability to delete a sim but still refuse to pay for SimEnhancer. Sad At least there's a way to do it where it's not mucking up your game.
if you have sims you are desperate to delete safely The Sim Enhancer 2 gives you a 2 day free trial and any changes such as deleting a sim remain permanent after the trial  period expires. the deleted sim won't spring back to life the minute the enhancer isnt there

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 14, 10:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point, but unfortunately I used my free trial about a month ago when I was checking sim DNA after Ancient Sim's alert about DNA problems.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: