More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 02:58:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Who the hell do you think you are?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Who the hell do you think you are?  (Read 23996 times)
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Who the hell do you think you are?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 10, 03:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find that toilet roll hack? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, couldn't resist   Cheesy
it is called bathroom uses you .its in the hack directory here at MATY By JM Pescado

Ha Ha. I won.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 10, 03:33:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where can I find that toilet roll hack? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sorry, couldn't resist   Cheesy
it is called bathroom uses you .its in the hack directory here at MATY By JM Pescado

Ha Ha. I won.
Grin can I send you an IOU?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 10, 04:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Little side question on bathroom uses you...which I love...but I do not want folks to take a shower after they go to the restroom...so is there a way to get them to not do that? Put the shower in a separate but adjoining room, perhaps?

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 10, 04:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the shower is more than 3 tiles from the toilet paper and you set the radius to 3 or if you put the shower in a different room and set it to seek in the room only then it should ignore the shower yes. I believe it will normally not make guests shower anyway though.

In general, I find it good practice to put the shower and toilet in a separate room anyhow. In some countries they do this and from a game perspective it just makes more sense so that someone taking a shower or bubble bath for a while doesn't prevent someone else from using the toilet or force them to have to go to another floor to use one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 10, 04:34:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that info, Motoki. That one feature was driving me nuts. Back to the game to put all those toilet rolls back in! :-)

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 10, 04:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks I downloaded it and installed it

Good, things should be much easier now. My sims have only one stove to cook for all 23, because of that hack.

I don't even want to think about how my game would become so slow if I would have so many Sims on one lot, and I have an headache just thinking of how in the world I could manage so many in one single house.

Brynne, you need to give me huge tips here, I have 4 Sims on a lot and it drives me crazy since I am a control freak but for some odd reason I keep playing with freewill on...

EDIT  Is this a running gag or do you really have that many Sims on the same lot  Undecided
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 04:57:30 by Missdoh » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 10, 05:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bangelnuts: So you owe me an IOU
Missdoh: Not a running gag. I honestly play that many sims. Did you see screenshot I took? Here it is again:

Oops, I lied. See the girl in the green hat, first row, seventh sim down? She's only visiting and selectable. So I have 22 sims living there.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 10, 05:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Missdoh: Not a running gag. I honestly play that many sims. Did you see screenshot I took? Here it is again:

Oops, I lied. See the girl in the green hat, first row, seventh sim down? She's only visiting and selectable. So I have 22 sims living there.

Geee unbelievable!  Now where are the tips to manage that many Sims I need them now!  Tongue

EDIT: I am serious, I need help here!
« Last Edit: 2005 November 10, 06:54:41 by Missdoh » Logged
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 10, 05:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not talking about invited guests, but the stalkers following people home from school or work. It's great to make a new friend, but in the 3 minutes it takes the kid to put homework in the bedroom, their annoying friend can do numerous unacceptable things.
Merola's mirror is indispensible, as are Inge's doors, I also use Dizzy's smart serve, but am certainly not cooking when none of my Sims are hungry.
3 kids each bring a friend from school, then dad brings home a co-worker... all these guests would be fine, but I want them to act like guests. The kids, meh, talk, play, joke 2 or 3 times then say goodbye, actually, adults are the same but if someone has to pee first, I would prefer not pausing to send guests to run laps around the yard until their host is ready to be social.
I've created foyers with sofas and locked all doors to visitors, but then I have to fence in the pool and hottub and fence it in so you can only access it from inside the home. Then I have to unlock them if I want them there. It's a nuisance, particularly considering most of my homes have at least 8 residents, most being of an age to bring home guests.
This would also prevent the Marsha Bruenig syndrome. Yes, my Romance sim does want to meet someone new, but not the little girl his kid brought home, my Sims already know too many people and I don't want everyone from baby to elder on a first name basis with every stray following someone home. I hate when little Zaira is heading to the phone to call a potential friend and that very friend calls to chat with her grandpa.
I've wondered if Inge could create a no-visitor autonomy door so visitors could not enter unless called over or asked to join, but I know nothing about game code, so I thought a general post would be a better way to go.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 10, 06:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason, no buskers doesn't work in my game, so for families with instruments I make flat roofs and put everything on the roof.

I like the new "invite friends" feature, because then they will actually hang out with your Sim.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 10, 06:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have custom instruments? Nobuskers won't work for those, unfortunately.
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 10, 06:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How do you get that many Sims in the house? I'm assuming it's a hack of some sort? I'd love to be able to make a Weasley family and not make one of their kids disappear.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 10, 06:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the teleporter shrub will move sims in over the normal max limit.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 10, 07:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I use the teleporter shrub.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 10, 08:56:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not talking about invited guests, but the stalkers following people home from school or work. It's great to make a new friend, but in the 3 minutes it takes the kid to put homework in the bedroom, their annoying friend can do numerous unacceptable things.
Merola's mirror is indispensible, as are Inge's doors, I also use Dizzy's smart serve, but am certainly not cooking when none of my Sims are hungry.
3 kids each bring a friend from school, then dad brings home a co-worker... all these guests would be fine, but I want them to act like guests. The kids, meh, talk, play, joke 2 or 3 times then say goodbye, actually, adults are the same but if someone has to pee first, I would prefer not pausing to send guests to run laps around the yard until their host is ready to be social.
I've created foyers with sofas and locked all doors to visitors, but then I have to fence in the pool and hottub and fence it in so you can only access it from inside the home. Then I have to unlock them if I want them there. It's a nuisance, particularly considering most of my homes have at least 8 residents, most being of an age to bring home guests.
This would also prevent the Marsha Bruenig syndrome. Yes, my Romance sim does want to meet someone new, but not the little girl his kid brought home, my Sims already know too many people and I don't want everyone from baby to elder on a first name basis with every stray following someone home. I hate when little Zaira is heading to the phone to call a potential friend and that very friend calls to chat with her grandpa.
I've wondered if Inge could create a no-visitor autonomy door so visitors could not enter unless called over or asked to join, but I know nothing about game code, so I thought a general post would be a better way to go.

You need to install TJ's schoolbus - bring friend dialogue hack - before the kid gets off the bus you get the message pop-up asking if they can bring the friend home.  You get to say no if you want!

And you can say goodbye to Marsha Bruenig forever if you use the new version of SimPE to delete her.

And with the NPC and visitor Zapper, you can get rid of friends from work safely before they put there hooks into the best sofa and ruin it!

Zephyr Zodiac
laylei
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 10, 10:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I use the teleporter shrub.

Oh, I see. That's convinient. I'll have to try it in a test household!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 10, 10:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They're global hacks, but if you don't like them they're easily removed. 

Zephyr Zodiac
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 10, 19:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Holy simoly Batman!

Brynne - what are your computer specs? Do you have a lot of custom content on that lot?  I've been building my apartment buildings but haven't put any families in them yet - they've been the "swinging singles" pads but I would love to have a big city tennement with several families living in them.

You just use Inge's teleporter and say "add to family"?  Does that make them all related or is it like "combining households" where they live together but aren't related?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 10, 20:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like combining households. Their are no familial ties added.
The teleporter shrub is very easy...you just teleport in the sim you want to add, and then "move in..." and click his/her name. Voila! Instant roomie.
Be aware, though, that JM has warned me my game may do the fiery ball thing,  but so far, no problems. And I've played this neighborhood for over a year. But, still, you've been warned. Wink
I have a ton of custom content! I'm a download addict. And my computer specs are modest. I play on my laptop. Of course, I bought the laptop for the purpose of playing the Sims 2 (that's just wrong, lol!), so it does exceed minimum specs. 2GHz Pentium M with an Ati Radeon Mobility 9700 with 128 mb dedicated. I need more RAM, though. Only have 512 mb. I've had no problems with lag, but loading is slooooooow. I need to upgrade my harddrive. I really need to upgrade my hard drive. But the game itself runs beautifully...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 10, 21:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a laptop installation, but the specs are not quite as high as yours, but it runs the base game with Uni ok, as long as I don't put a lot of downloads in.  It also lags if the neighbourhoods and lots get too big.  So generally I play on my desktop, which has twice the RAM and a better video card.  (And loads of hard drive space for storing stuff!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 11, 05:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like combining households. Their are no familial ties added.
The teleporter shrub is very easy...you just teleport in the sim you want to add, and then "move in..." and click his/her name. Voila! Instant roomie.
Be aware, though, that JM has warned me my game may do the fiery ball thing,  but so far, no problems. And I've played this neighborhood for over a year. But, still, you've been warned. Wink
I have a ton of custom content! I'm a download addict. And my computer specs are modest. I play on my laptop. Of course, I bought the laptop for the purpose of playing the Sims 2 (that's just wrong, lol!), so it does exceed minimum specs. 2GHz Pentium M with an Ati Radeon Mobility 9700 with 128 mb dedicated. I need more RAM, though. Only have 512 mb. I've had no problems with lag, but loading is slooooooow. I need to upgrade my harddrive. I really need to upgrade my hard drive. But the game itself runs beautifully...

That is a.. lot of sims!  Grin Well I also have a laptop which has Pentium M Dorthan 735 (1.7 ghz or something), Mobility Radeon 9700 128mb, and 1GB ram, but I can't bear more than 6 sims. Maybe I am too much used to fast shooting games.. Undecided
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 11, 06:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a laptop installation, but the specs are not quite as high as yours, but it runs the base game with Uni ok, as long as I don't put a lot of downloads in.  It also lags if the neighbourhoods and lots get too big.  So generally I play on my desktop, which has twice the RAM and a better video card.  (And loads of hard drive space for storing stuff!)
My PC is going infor a biggere hard drive because Im such a download addict. the guy told me though when  he boots up the PC it wont have stuff like microsoft office etc...which I deleted off my Desktop anyway.I get rid of stuff I dont use enough to warrant it sitting taking up space in my hard drive.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 11, 15:32:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just have a second hard drive for storage?  That's what I have and it's twice the size of my working disk.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 11, 15:34:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why not just have a second hard drive for storage?  That's what I have and it's twice the size of my working disk.
ultimately I will have 2 hard drives but the way my PC is formatted it is easier to use my current drive as the recovery drive when the new drive is installed it will be a 120.GB where my current drive is only 40

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 11, 15:42:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well, I have 40 and 80, can't afford more nowadays, but I have a second PC which has another 40.  (But I find the larger disk being the storage one works better for me!  Although, you can always compress everything on that drive.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: