More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 20:24:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  AL Patch issued at EA website
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AL Patch issued at EA website  (Read 28228 times)
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: AL Patch issued at EA website
« Reply #50 on: 2008 October 05, 15:11:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To Inge Jones,
You let a question open in a forum I have no access, about the group for the Landlords. I checked the differences together with a friend who patched her AL:
There are three differences on the group number you mention: instances 1032 and 1019 and both are modified because of the inclusion of another bhav nr 1014 that didn't exist before the patch. The only thing is to check if the Landlord is part of a family - "Sub - Part of a family" and it just check if the landlord is still a NPC. The other two modified instances pull this bhav.
In the group 7F01EC29 there's a modification referrring to the Landlord and it is in "Propose - Engagement" - The line that checked if the Sim was a NPC Landlord was eliminated, what causes the game not to check it and  makes it possible to get engaged to a Landlord and consequently marry one. Hope it helps.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2008 October 05, 17:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I was talking about a BHAV you have not mentioned in that list and I can't see anything different in it.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2008 October 05, 18:43:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yay. Guess what I just found out? It seems installing the patch, at least in Unholy Hybrid Mode (and I doubt it will change anything with the new crack), cripples the "rent furnished" functionality, meaning all the effort you put into furnishing the apartment is now totally wasted. Extremely annoying. Bughunt in progress.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BrokenRobot
Dimwitted Dunce

sekrit Republican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2008 October 05, 18:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the official patch with the new crack from Vitality, and the "Rent furnished" option works fine for me.  I also have Inge's apartment fixes, though.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2008 October 05, 19:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is some inconsistency in how it malfunctions, it seems. Further testing shows that lots where sims have moved in and saved BEFORE the patch work, but post-patch move-ins may not work. I have been able to fix the problem in BHAV, suggesting that it exists independently of the exe. More data is required.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2008 October 05, 19:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to see if the furniture is in the apartment but invisible.  I had this happen once before the patch and several times after.  The post-patch invisible furniture was all in one particular set of apts I'd built myself.  Another apartment, also built by me, and already with one tenant didn't have the problem.

Edited for stupid typo.
« Last Edit: 2008 October 05, 22:06:59 by Lerf » Logged
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2008 October 06, 04:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do you patch if you've ARR'd it?
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2008 October 06, 05:46:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Download the patch, duh. Patch, then use the patched No_CD exe,
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2008 October 06, 10:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge,

You mentioned the Landlord - Process and in my game this bhav is pulling the new included bhav 4 times. It is a lot of change in it. I don't know why yours seems unchanged.
So, there are 3 bhavs pulling the new bhav, so it includes the one you mentioned. Sorry if I was not clear enough.
So, the two bhavs I mentioned and the landlord process are modified just to pull the check if the landlord is still a NPC. In my game if I move in a NPC the character file is changed to xxx-1 and on the old character it is left all the bhavs that made the sim to a NPC and he gets the new number with a normal sim template.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: