More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 07:29:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Weird interaction "leftovers" of using boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird interaction "leftovers" of using boolprop testingcheatsenabled?  (Read 11941 times)
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Weird interaction "leftovers" of using boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
« on: 2008 September 15, 16:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been something of a minor annoyance and a cause for worry to me, as I am generally a non-cheater and have heard all sorts of horror stories about "teh boolporps will reck ur game!!!111".  Of course, here on MATY, I have read several posts saying that using boolprop testingcheatsenabled is generally safe, so that's why I ask here where I won't (hopefully?) have ppl saying, "that's just cuz you used teh boolprops, u big cheater!!!111".

Anyway, after all that yammering and preamble, on to what is broken in my game:

1.  Household in Pleasantview.  I used Motherlode to make them rich, and boolprop testingcheatsenabled to adjust thier personalities, change thier lifetime wants, and add a few realistic skillpoints (I was basing them on a family from a TV show, and I wanted to get it as close as possible).  Well, the "leftovers" after turning boolprop testingcheatsenabled off, saving, and exiting the lot is that they all now have the weird interaction option "(name)'s conversation tester" (sorry, don't remember the name).  I have no idea what this option would do, as I have never clicked on it, no idea why it's there, and no idea how to get rid of it.  Also, I guess I'd like to know if it is serious and will eventually turn the whole hood into a ball of fire visible from space (or however you say that).

2. Sim in a custom hood.  I made 4 custom sims and moved each into a separeate appatment in an appartment buillding I had built.  Then I used boolprop testingcheatsenabled to adjust thier personalities, interests, LTWS, and skills for realisim sake (basing them on characters from books I enjoy).  Once I had entered each household, made applicable changes, and exited, I turned off boolprop testingcheatsenabled.  Well, now, one (and just one) of these 4 has an odd interaction option that only appears when she is on community lots: "DEBUB Super-duper hug".  Again, I'm confused and somewhat apprehensive.

I had absolutely no hacks in the game when these first appeared.  The first was back before Freetime, possibly before BV.  The 2nd was after installing K&B, IKEA, and AL (installed all 3 at once).  I have all EPs and SPs.  Also, not sure if it matters at all, but I use a no-cd crack.

I would appreciate any help or info you can provide, and if you feel led to point and laugh, feel free.   Kiss

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Weird interaction "leftovers" of using boolprop testingcheatsenabled?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 15, 16:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm the most un-awesome person here, but...   Could there be testing-objects still on your lots that you had spawned?  For instance, there's Tombstone of L&D, Rodney's (Death or Clothes or something) plus others.  Would leaving them on a lot AFTER turning off testingcheats cause those problems?

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 15, 16:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I forgot to mention in my first post that I had also used the Badge Juicer for household 1.  However, I always delete these objects after use.  The Sim Modder, for instance.  Good guess I guess, but I do carefully delete all cheat objects once I'm done with them (not sure if this is nessacary, but it just seemed like a good idea).

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 15, 17:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, scratch one theory.  On to my second shot-in-the-dark.

CC objects.  I've had CC objects in my game, that had strange interactions showing up.  Turned out the creator had missed removing/fixing something (and it was no big deal you-know-who, can't test for every EP/SP config).  Do those odd interactions still show up when running those lots in a completely clean game?  If no, then either a hack conflict/bad CC needs to be tracked down.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 15, 17:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many, if not most of us play with testingcheatsenabled on at all times.  There is no particular reason to turn it off.  It does not affect gameplay unless you specifically do something.  I have not had any odd extra options appear for my sims - your issue is not duplicated in my game. I would be inclined to suspect there is some oldversioned hack or bad CC somewhere in your game, possibly hidden in something you downloaded (possibly a house or lot?).

Tribulatio proxima est
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 15, 17:54:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only CC I have asside from the hacks recently aquired from this site is Body shop stuff.  Hair, makeup, clothes, genetics.  I run the Clean Installer regularly and it never showed any hacks until after I started getting awesomeware.  Also, the thing that jumps up to tell me I have CC that could interfere with the game never used to show up at all (since I always just deleted anything that was showing up there because I thought it would interfere with my game.

Is it possible that Body Shop CC could cause this sort of thing?  Or that some hack could have been hiding from both the Clean Installer and the game's "omg, you have CC" for all this time?

I can try removing all known hacks (aquired since this issue showed up, as I stated in the first post; I keep them all sorted in a nice folder) and running the Clean Installer again on the supposdly hack-free Downloads folder, though since I know I ran it a few days before installing any of those hacks, I can't see how it would show anything up.  I will do it anyway and report back.

Is it possible that unknown hacks could have somehow gotten themselves somwhere other than my Downloads folder?   Huh

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 15, 18:27:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Easily.  Collections folder, Config, LotCatalog, Paintings, SC4Terrains, Teleport.  Or, a hack/mod could create it's own folder (ex: zCEP-EXTRA).  I just recently installed Numenor's Scriptorium, and it installed some invisible folders (which i knew it would ahead of time).  The point being, it's way too easy to download stuff with extra features.

Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 15, 19:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have spent the last hour or so fighting with the Clean Installer.  It did find two hacks I dind't know I had hiding in regular downloads instead of the sub folder I was putting them all in.  Not sure how that happened.   Huh   I deleted them both because I didn't know what it was and it didn't show up on the list of AL compatible hacks, and I didn't want the other one (I think from the filename it was the buyable humble computer, though I never intentionally downloaded that).  (I'm guessing someone on here included the object in thier Maxis House of Fail entry, but I wouldn't know who; one of the rules for that contest is no CC allowed.)

I tried to scan the whole MyDocuments/Sim2 folder and it didn't work.  lol  Took forever and kept comming up with reams and reams of "can't read files" errors for what appeared to be character and neighbourhood files.  So I scaned all the subfolders I could think of, but if some hack has gone and made an invisible folder in the main Sims 2 folder, I wouldln't know how to find it.   Sad

Still, this (very distrubing) possiblity still doesn't tell me why the game wouldn't be telling me about a hack when I loaded it up.  Are there hacks that the game doesn't recognize as hacks and would just ignore?

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 15, 20:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'debug- super duper hug' is caused by spawning Corey's Group Talk. You can get rid of that one by deleting the memory manager using the FFS Debugger.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 15, 20:10:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'debug- super duper hug' is caused by spawning Corey's Group Talk. You can get rid of that one by deleting the memory manager using the FFS Debugger.
Thanks!  That's the thing I couldn't remmber: Corey's Group Talk.  I guess I'll use the FFS Debugger on both lots.  Just goes to show that when I don't know what I'm doing, I can bork stuff accedentally with boolprop testingcheatsenabled.

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 15, 21:16:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're really better off if you don't spawn anything you don't understand!
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 15, 21:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, obviously.  lol  I can't believe I did that tiwce; I mean the first time was a long time ago (just after I installed Seasons, I think), but the 2nd was like just last week or something (since installing AL anyway).  I guess I have a bad habbit of going, "Hmm, wonder what this does..."*click*

By the way, how exactly do I delete the memory manager?  I put the FFS Debugger on the lot, but I don't know which option to choose, since I don't see any that say "delete memory manager" or anything like that.  Mostly, I see options I don't understand, so I havn't clicked anything yet!

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 16, 02:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I GOOOOOOOGLED, and found this:

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=303621#post303621

See if any of that applies to you.  I'm pretty sure this is an archived thread, so maybe not.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 16, 03:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

haha, that thread wasn't much help since I'm pretty sure I don't have any teen whohoo hacks, but I decieded to follow your lead and try googling too.  I found this: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=99489  Wow, it looks like lots of ppl are really confused about this and no one knows what is causing it to even show up as an option in the spawn menu.  And here I thought it was something that came with the game and was supposed to be available through boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.   Huh

hmm, I think I need to change my google keywords since it seems all these ppl are getting the "spawn --> Memory manager" as an option in normal play whereas I have only ever seen it with boolprop testingcheatsenabled on by shiftclicking on the sim (shows up in the "spawn" menu with other spawnables like Badge Juicer and Toomstone of L&D).  I guess I'm not all that good at google.  lol

edit: decided to google for the "super duper hug" instead of the Memory Manager, and found this thread: http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=53729
The DEBUG Super Duper Hug comes from BV, and will appear if your playing in debug mode (testingcheatsenabled).

Its harmless, but unfinished code by the EP creators, so its not recommended to be using this.
Wonder if it safe to trust this guy's assertion that it's "harmless"?

edit again: Googled more and got this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,3703.0.html  ha!  it's a thread from this site but a couple years old.  Seems to me that there is no way to get rid of this?  That was how I read that thread anyway.  Removing 100% custom content and/or disabing custom content had no effect.  In my research I have seen this blamed on evertying from teen whoohoo to the CEP to offical sims expansions (ie BV or OFB).  Nice that no one even seems to know for sure what causes it.  lol
« Last Edit: 2008 September 16, 04:14:54 by Gastfyr » Logged

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 16, 10:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you did better by googling, but you didn't search the right site.  I managed to find this thread here at MATY explaining exactly how to fix the Spawn - Memory Manager glitch uning the Lot Debugger.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4117.msg116366.html#msg116366
   Basically, you will need to have the game in debug mode, click on the Lot Debugger and force errors on all off-world.  Reset everything UNTIL you see the Memory Manager - Old, then delete all of those you see. 

(Edit:  Hur, that'll teach me to not preview my post and then go to bed.  Points and Laughs at himself while poking myself with sharp, pointy sticks.)  Thanks Simsample
« Last Edit: 2008 September 16, 16:38:15 by GayJohnScarritt » Logged

Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 16, 15:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, you need to be in debug mode as GayJohnScarritt said. Not sure what that link is about, though!
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 19, 04:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not that this is much help, but I believe most of the scare factor behind testingcheats is that when you get a Jump Bug, it actually gives you options and writes a log and stuff like that. Most people see the Cancel/Reset/Delete window, and probably think OH GOD I'VE MESSED IT UP JESUS DELIVER MY IMMORTAL SOUL FROM THIS ACCURSED PLACE or something. I'm not religious, so I dunno about that kind of stuff.

It could also be caused by a few people dicking about with the Tombstone of Life and Death and such, or perhaps making all family members unselectable - Sometimes it's fun to tell unsuspecting friends about this cheat and watch as they spaz when they realize they just gave their sim Zits. Then tell them to try "Force Error" and watch all hell break loose.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 September 19, 17:35:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol

Well, I did mannage to fix my one household (just reset the whole of Pleasantview, so now the first household no longer exists).  The one I fixed was odd.  I did the whole force errors on all, and it went through this long list of crap including every dart on the dartboard and every drink tumbler on the bar.  lol  I kept clicking reset once I'd read the name of the item.  It never did come up with any errors on Memory Manager, which I found odd; however, once it was done erroring everything on the lot, I sent her to a community lot to see if she could still "super-duper hug" and the option was gone!   Grin  So yeah, for some reason what I did worked, even though it didn't actually play out as I expected.  *shrug*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: