More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:43:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  CS Items and Replacements - Now with More Stories Items on Second Page
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: CS Items and Replacements - Now with More Stories Items on Second Page  (Read 102695 times)
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
CS Items and Replacements - Now with More Stories Items on Second Page
« on: 2008 August 03, 05:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I've wanted to have the Castaway Store Items so much, I learned to make them for myself - sort of. I really need someone with a Clue to check out some (probably all) of these items, because they are my first attempt at cloning.

The Clothing Rack seems to be working fine,. This doesn't seem to replace anything.

The Changing Booth also seems to work as is, and doesn't seem to replace anything.

The Food Bins do work, mostly. They revert to the default food bin texture, just on the box, after being used. The fruit stays fine. Also, I couldn't find the food basket, and wouldn't know how to associate it with just this object. This also seems to not be replacing anything else.
CS Shopping Items
I've updated the Clothing Booth to have the BV options available, and both it and the Clothing Rack are now in their proper category.

The Brilliant Havelock told me how to fix the globals, so now the Cash Register works but the animation looks funny.
Working-ish Cash Register

I also have grabbed some simple replacements that I wanted to have:
Baseball (from Catch)

Baby Bottle

Bug Jar

Tip Jar (just older - not much different)

Clothing (to match the Clothing Rack - replaces ALL clothing piles!)

Toys from Toy Box

I believe that the turtle is the "boat" the lion is the "horse" the canoe is the "car" and the blue thing is the "rocket".
Replacements

I also have the Shell Phone, from CS. The sound doesn't work, but the animations sort of do. Only the placement seems to be off, as it greatly overlaps the hand. This, of course, replaces the Cell Phone from Uni.

Shell Phone
« Last Edit: 2008 August 08, 16:39:23 by WatersMoon » Logged

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
cassandra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: CS Items and Replacements - Testers Wanted and Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 03, 06:23:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without pictures, it was not clear what you had extracted.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 04, 20:15:59 by cassandra » Logged
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 03, 07:11:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know that all of this stuff has been done, right? It sounds like quite a bit of trouble when all of this has been done by someone who knows what they are doing. Just a thought....

i seen alottve CS items last few days but i haven't seen any CS shop items?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2008 August 03, 07:23:38 by knightguy » Logged

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 03, 07:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These items haven't been ripped before. Anyhow, I think the OP is asking for help really with getting the items to work, rather than 'OMG, look what I did!'

Pictures would be nice though, OP Wink Especially for the default replacements.

WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 03, 18:44:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do know that all of this stuff has been done, right? It sounds like quite a bit of trouble when all of this has been done by someone who knows what they are doing. Just a thought....
If this had been done before, I would already have it. I have every single CS item that has been ripped so far. I certainly wish that someone who knew what they were doing had done these items, because I haven't the talent or knowledge to get them completely working.

Pictures would be nice though, OP Wink Especially for the default replacements.
Pictures up! Sorry I didn't have them ready before!

Mod edit: double post fixed
« Last Edit: 2008 August 04, 17:32:51 by BastDawn » Logged

mauriciobrazil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 03, 21:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Thanks!!!
But, I have two questions for you:

1. The MediaFire's don't open the link of the shopping things, so you can put other link like Rapidshare, EasyShare, etc..

2. I try convert somethings of Casatway myself, simple stuffs like terrains and little objects, I downloaded all objects that oferesd here on the site but still missing ones, so I like ask you, how you do that?

Thanks again for the objects.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 03, 21:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow Thanks!!!
But, I have two questions for you:

1. The MediaFire's don't open the link of the shopping things, so you can put other link like Rapidshare, EasyShare, etc..
It worked fine for me, but I've added an alternate RapidShare link. Tell me if that doesn't work for you.
2. I try convert somethings of Casatway myself, simple stuffs like terrains and little objects, I downloaded all objects that oferesd here on the site but still missing ones, so I like ask you, how you do that?
*laughs* I've spent the last two days rooting through all of the Castaway items using SimPE. I learned how to do that here. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, you probably have figured out at least as much as I have.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 04, 03:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad that shell is a replacement. I would have used it as a house phone.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 04, 17:17:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure if this is conflicting with something or not but the cash register isn't working. My sims get the jump bugs. They grab whatever they are going to buy and they jump out of the action. I turned on testing cheats but all my error logs are empty it seems. So confused lol.

Nothing to wonder about. The cauri cashregister needs CashRegisterGlobals_Aspyr to work. They dont exist in normal TS2.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 04, 17:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I'm SOL? lulz.

The interactions between Cashier and Customer the animations they use witch Accessories to use everthing is in globals. All you have gotten is a Object who spawns a Clerk, and tells the Game there is a Cashregister. But it is not really there, because of missing globals.
I think this makes you SOL.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 04, 18:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh, try if CashRegisterGlobals work for the object but be aware the animations they use are weird for the caury Cashregister. And the use the simoleans not stones.
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 04, 19:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sigh, try if CashRegisterGlobals work for the object but be aware the animations they use are weird for the caury Cashregister. And the use the simoleans not stones.
So it is broken?

WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 04, 20:36:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes.
Ok, it works but looks funny with CashRegisterGlobals. I'll upload it in a second.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 04, 20:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It still begs the question of why is the register in decorative though?

Because its in this Category in CS and needs to be fixed for TS2. Open OBJD in simpe and put in Room sort misc ,Function sort
electronics, Overall sort electronics/misc
« Last Edit: 2008 August 04, 21:03:42 by Havelock » Logged
mauriciobrazil
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 04, 22:02:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*laughs* I've spent the last two days rooting through all of the Castaway items using SimPE. I learned how to do that here. I don't really know what I'm doing yet, you probably have figured out at least as much as I have.

Sorry but this tutorial doesn't help me so much and I didn't understand the other tutorial (on MTS2) I try but don't appear in my game! But thanks anyway. Try convert more objects of the CS (I discover that Xianah's don't convert ALL the floors, walls and terrain paints, if someone could help me how to do that, it's welcome) and the pet things, floors and walls from PS.

Thanks again,

Maurício
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 04, 22:27:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I knew how to do it but I just wondered why the OP hadn't changed lol.
Because I didn't want to bother to fix it when it wasn't working. It should be working(ish) and in the proper category now.

PaladinSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 04, 22:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try convert more objects of the CS (I discover that Xianah's don't convert ALL the floors, walls and terrain paints, if someone could help me how to do that, it's welcome) and the pet things, floors and walls from PS.

I've actually already done the Castaway Stories Wallpapers and Floors, including the ones that Xianah missed along with having repaired various spelling mistakes and other errors that Maxis managed to leave in.
So if you want them, you can get them from here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QDJ880D4

I was planning to release them to everyone at the same time as the Castaway Terrains.
However quite honestly, I've just plain not bothered to do them yet.  Roll Eyes
But since there's demand for the wallpapers and floorings, I thought I'd upload them early for you.  Wink
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 05, 20:58:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the CS stuff now my CS hood can have shopping huts!

I've actually already done the Castaway Stories Wallpapers and Floors, including the ones that Xianah missed along with having repaired various spelling mistakes and other errors that Maxis managed to leave in.

Hey thanks! Do these have the Maxis descriptions and price? I remember Xianah's did not.
PaladinSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 August 05, 22:56:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey thanks! Do these have the Maxis descriptions and price? I remember Xianah's did not.

Yes they do.
Every single wallpaper/flooring contains their full name, description and pricing that Maxis assigned to them in Castaway Stories.
However I have corrected the odd spelling mistake that Maxis managed to leave in.
nahte
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 August 06, 14:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can I do the same but with spanish info? Thanks in advance!
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 August 07, 05:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many thanks for the wonderful CS additons. They look and work great in my native suburb.  Smiley

I know that there has been a lot of debate here about the stoves not being extractable but could the fruit salad food item  and the buffet table be extracted?
Richief
Dimwitted Dunce

Eye-Popping!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 August 07, 16:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes they do.
Every single wallpaper/flooring contains their full name, description and pricing that Maxis assigned to them in Castaway Stories.
However I have corrected the odd spelling mistake that Maxis managed to leave in.

Thanks a lot!

I know that there has been a lot of debate here about the stoves not being extractable but could the fruit salad food item  and the buffet table be extracted?

The stove has already being extracted by Havelock. Here is the link to it: Post.

I would also like the buffet table and fruit salad item, please. The wedding arch will also be great!
PaladinSim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 August 08, 03:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the Castaway Stories terrains to complete your set:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=D6KVHBH5

Inside the zip folder are two folders.
One contains the exclusive Castaway terrains that can't be found elsewhere.
The other contains old Sims 2 terrains that are present in Castaway Stories, albeit with different catalogue names and descriptions, I've included the Castaway Stories versions just for any completionists out there that would like to have the full tropical feel to the terrains they pick (Even if they're exactly the same as the Sims 2 versions.). They won't overwrite their Sims 2 counterparts though, so you'll end up with duplicate textures  in your game, just with different labels.

So if you just want the exclusive textures, you just need to add that folder.
If you want the re-labels too though, just add in the Re-Labels folder too.  Smiley
bzrburns
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2008 August 08, 04:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thank you for all the MATY LS and Castaways playthings and goodies. The Lots from Pet Stories

« Last Edit: 2008 August 10, 12:48:31 by bzrburns » Logged
knightguy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2008 August 08, 04:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My thank you for all the MATY LS and Castaways playthings and goodies. The Lots from Pet Stories

Mesa Flats 001: http://www.mediafire.com/?xynnzaznwep
Mesa Flats 002:http://www.mediafire.com/?zgvxb8i7zbl
Mesa Flats 003:http://www.mediafire.com/?2rduz7wfzql

Attached below: Garden Heights and Arbor Falls001 and Arbor Falls002

any pics of these lots?

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires a computer.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: