More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 13:18:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?  (Read 54343 times)
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Furious State-Any Mods/hacks to get around this?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 November 04, 06:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've put a simple hack here-> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1286.0
It doesn't stop the furious state, but it should redude all the autonomous poking,slapping and fighting
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 November 04, 09:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the downtownies.  First, I don't think most of them are ugly - not like Goopy Gilscarbo is ugly! - and a little twitch with the Plastic Surgery Table soon has them looking nice!  Second, once you move them into their own homes, they get nicer - not all at once, as they are obviously very bitter and quite often when they move in their Aspiration Meter is at the bottom of the red zone.  Third, 6 of the nine or ten teen townies are offspring of Jonathon Tricou, have absolutely NO skill points, no known mother or other relatives and are living with a lot of very unhappy downtownies!  Once they go to Uni, although three grow up badly, they soon settle down and start to enjoy life.  (I've also hacked a cousinship with other townies, dormies etc., with the same last name - just cousins, etc., changed their Aspirations from Pleasure to something that seems more suited to their personality and switched them from the Celebrity Chef LTW which they all had!)

Fourth, I've moved a couple of downtownie kids into families and they are fine.  Two or three I've allowed to grow up, one  is living with a family, the others are at Uni, and they've all settled down.

Fifth, I have made a retirement complex for the downtownie elders, and they have settled down a bit too, although they do sometimes pick fights on community lots.

All in all, I'd say the downtownies are worth playing.

Zephyr Zodiac
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 November 04, 10:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have as much furiousness among Downtownies as I had at first, but THE ELDERS! My goddess, they need prunes, or something! It takes literally NOTHING to get them furious at each other.

For example: I have one lot in particular that's all Elders ~ they get sent there when I'm sick of their whining, and I use them primarily for testing things that might very well kill them (don't tell my 70 year old mother) ~ and right now it's populated by three married couples.

One couple, Vicki and Nathan, was in the main bathroom, doing their nightlies in preparation for bed.  Jonathan joined them (I have the NoPrivacy hack) and got into the shower while Vicki and Nathan finished up, then chatted and played Handhelds together. When Jonathan got out of the shower, he left a puddle, which pissed Vicki off SO BAD, she turned on him and slapped the holy living shit out of him. Now...their relationship had been moderately good until then, around 40/40. Why she should suddenly go all postal on him for a puddle just doesn't make sense! What makes even less sense is that Vicki was left with -100/-100 for Jonathan, but Jonathan still liked Vicki just fine, and kept the 40/40 (or so) relationship.

Are they on DRUGS?!?

...well, they will be, as soon as I can get Crammyboy's "Sim-Lithium" into my game!  Wink
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 November 04, 14:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they're all cloned from one of the nannies!  The female elders are definitely worse - the males are normally fairly easy-going, although I have one who likes kicking trashcans (Justin Charvat - but he's better now I made Abhijheet  (now Alain) Charvat his nephew.).

Zephyr Zodiac
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2005 November 04, 15:12:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I have to ask. How to did making him family make him better? Sorry just early in the morning here. lol

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 November 04, 15:20:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I suppose he didn't feel so alone in the world!  LOL

Zephyr Zodiac
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2005 November 04, 15:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol sorry just had to ask

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Kukes
Corpulent Cretin

...cue destruction...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 November 04, 17:38:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd definitely like it toned down slightly. I've only had the game for a week and a half (so I'm yet to experience fighting for no apparent reason), but I find it annoying how the furious state comes in for ANYTHING. Georgina Pleasant (who just broke up with her cheating husband, Trevor) went on a date with Leo Depiesse, and in the middle of dinner he said "I've gotta go" - fine, whatever. They both had pink hearts, so it had gone well. I had her scope the room since her mood was high and she found a downtownie she liked. So she asked him on a date, and from nowhere Leo appears (thought he had to get home, hmmm...) and starts slapping her and she gets a cheating memory. I've always wanted to see more of a normal jealousy system in the game - and, now that we have the dating system, I had expected that unless there was some level of serious emotion (red hearts) or commitment (engagement, marriage, joined union, going steady) between both sims they'd be a bit freer to do as they pleased. I've been waiting for a mod like that for the past year, and I hope someone makes it now that Nightlife has made the consequences that much more dire.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 November 04, 17:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always wanted to see more of a normal jealousy system in the game - and, now that we have the dating system, I had expected that unless there was some level of serious emotion (red hearts) or commitment (engagement, marriage, joined union, going steady) between both sims they'd be a bit freer to do as they pleased. I've been waiting for a mod like that for the past year, and I hope someone makes it now that Nightlife has made the consequences that much more dire.

Ditto

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Erebrandir
« Reply #34 on: 2005 November 04, 19:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anybody located where in the packages the furious and contact states are stored? I'd love to be able to SimPE them away, and I think it would help modders in general if they knew what they were looking for.
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 November 04, 21:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The furious states are stored as tokens. So they would be in the neighbourhood memories.
I think they are safe to delete, but the relationships may be out of wack.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2005 November 04, 21:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I agree that just because a sim goes on a date with another sim once in their lifetimes they shouldn't be thinking they have an exclusive contract.  I like playing monogomous relationships, but only AFTER they're in a committed relationship, not before, unless they're actually in love and/or engaged.  I'd like to feel like I could take a sim out, let him or her date three or six other sims, if necessary, before finding Mr./Ms. Right.  The way things stand, if they try that all hell breaks loose.

I haven't delved too deeply into the no jealousy mods.  I read TwoJeff's and while it looks like a great mod, it's really way more than I need/want.  And that still doesn't solve the problem of the burglar and other annoyances. Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 November 05, 01:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, we need an update on the romance mod!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 November 05, 01:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The furious states are stored as tokens. So they would be in the neighbourhood memories.
I think they are safe to delete, but the relationships may be out of wack.

Well I had sims that were furious at each other work their relationship back to 100/100 and they are the best of friends again and will happily hug or woohoo or whatever but still keep kicking each others trashcans over.  Roll Eyes I think if you're back to being best friends it's high time to get over the furiousness.  Tongue I'll try just deleting those damned tokens next time.

However, if it's just a token then in theory a hack could be made to prevent ever getting the token, like the ones that nuke the A+ or family reunion memory spam.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 November 05, 01:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, in that case ........ somebody, please, make one!  I wonder about the trashcan kicking, though, as one of the Downtownies who are Jonathon Tricous children is a VERY neat virgo, and he loves to kick his trashcan over, and then clean up!  So maybe, a mod which lets them kick the can over, but makes them clean up afterwards would be more fun?

Zephyr Zodiac
crammyboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 November 05, 05:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this Experimental fix here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1310

It may go a bit to far, although sims will still get furious, they shouldn't do all the random stuff that goes with it.

Just remember, it may not work totally or may have unknown side effects.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 November 05, 11:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Crammyboy!  Since I've just closed my game and am about to sort some stuff and then reload it, I'll stick the fix in and try it for you.  Cheers!

Zephyr Zodiac
Dolphin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 November 05, 14:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I like the furious state, to a point.  It can be funny, sometimes!  I just want the sims to get over it more quickly.

I'd like one of two hacks to help facilitate it.  One fix would be a hack that made the apologize remove the furious state between two sims.  Can apologize ever be performed autonomously?  If so, I'd want to remove that too.  That way, my romance sim will still get slapped silly (which can be fun to try to avoid) but it won't be too bad when it happens.  He or she can just "apologize" (yet again... perhaps!) and be done with it.

Another useful hack would be to greatly speed up the time it takes for sims to get over the furious state on their own.  How long does it take now?  I know it depends on how furious they are... my romance sims gets over their furious state of being slapped in about half the time it takes for the lover that caught him/her cheating.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 November 05, 19:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this Experimental fix here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1310

It may go a bit to far, although sims will still get furious, they shouldn't do all the random stuff that goes with it.

Just remember, it may not work totally or may have unknown side effects.

Well, the results so far are rather mixed!

I've played the Pleasants, who broke up a while back after angela died in a fire while trying to make crepes suzettes, and they've been stalking each other ever since - I have to delete them from portals at least three times a day!  Now, I just moved Mary-Sue into a little house Downtown (she needed 10,000 simoleons to resurrect Angela, so it had to be cheap).  Anayway, Angela brought Lilith home from school, and they are well on the way to being friends now.  But Mary-Sue!  I changed her aspiration to Family (having chnaged Daniel's to Knowledge) and now she's just spun the want to win a fight with Daniel!  I just don't think those to are meant to be together!

I'll check on some of my other enemies later and get back to you!

Zephyr Zodiac
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2005 November 06, 16:30:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bizarre thing that happened in my game last night. Olive Specter is furious at her step-grandchild Marie, because she played in the toilet and made a puddle. (I didn't have TwoJeffs' No Toddler Play in Toilet mod at the time). OK, fair enough, Olive is extremely Neat and objects to mess. Fine.

So WHY did she sneak onto the lot of my newly-created CAS family that she'd never ever met before, and steal their newspaper? They needed that newspaper to get jobs!! It's like something was messed up because she was angry at the toddler, and you can't have a fight with a toddler, so the game redirected her anger somewhere else. That's very, very broken.

I should point out that I don't have the NL patch installed yet - I'm not sure if that fixed anything to do with Furiousness.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 November 06, 17:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a passing sim steal a newspaper - they read it and put it back where they found it.  I've also found that recently they are able to do the crossword and find a job in yesterday's paper too - I don't know which mod has caused this, but I'm not complaining!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 November 07, 06:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a couple of times when sims stole newspapers that didn't make any sense.  Both times it was friends of a family member who took the paper and ran off.  Everyone was on great terms--no one was mad at each other or anything.  They just took the paper and ran.

I personally think it's really stupid, even if a sim is a neat freak, to be mad at a toddler for making a puddle.  That just goes beyond all reason.  Kids are just messy.

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 November 07, 07:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims stealing newspapers thing is a blessing in disguise, for me. My papers just tend to clutter up the front yard. But it is fun to catch a newspaper thief and put a fence around them for a little while. They hate that. But, hey, all the more time to do a (stolen!) crossword puzzle!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 November 07, 08:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they chase off to the other sim's lot to get the paper back?  (like they do stolen gnomes?)

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 November 07, 12:29:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not in my game. If one of my resident sims catches the thief, he/she will stand there and yell at them until they've run off the lot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: