More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:16:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty fridges - Stand-alone (FT)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty fridges - Stand-alone (FT)  (Read 16073 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Empty fridges - Stand-alone (FT)
« on: 2008 May 23, 23:42:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May 24, 08: Get Lord Darcy's versions on the second post. They are more awesome!  Grin

See the 3rd post and down.  I had problems with them, but they seem unreproducable in other games. They will probably be fine in yours. Never mind. It was tight pants.

--------------------------------------------------------

These are for those who do not want the food that comes with a new fridge, for a neighborhood that grows its own food supply. All fridges up to FT (excluding stuff pack ones), and more, are here. These all have unique GUIDs, and therefore will not replace Maxis fridges or each other. You can see the screen shot with every fridge from this batch and the replacement batch all in game.

I also adjusted their prices based on how much food that originally comes with each, given that $2 buys 1 food unit. For the wornable fridge, the value becomes negative (-25), so I gave it $25 for the price. I lowered mini so it is now $100 for an empty one. The resulting prices are as follows:

Empty Targas_SupaFridge - Unique: $100
Empty Targas_SupaFridge - bottle auto only - Unique: $100
Empty Wornable Fridge - Unique: $25
Empty EconoCool fridge - Unique: $200
Empty CiaoTime fridge - Unique: $900
Empty CryonicFresh fridge - Unique: $950

The two mini fridges are based on Targa's  Supafridge that was updated by Lord Darcy for FT. They will not replace Maxis mini or either version of Supafridge. "Empty Targas_SupaFridge - Unique" is just like Lord Darcy's updated Supafridge, only empty. "Empty Targas_SupaFridge - bottle auto only - Unique" also has the feature of only autonomous for baby bottles (got the idea from Ellatrue's Baby Bottle Only Fridge),  so I can put one in a nursary and sims will not go there to get food for cooking. All functions of a full fridge are available if you direct your sim to use.

Requires: FT, Seasons (you need to grow produce to stock them).

Known issue(s):
You can not restock with grocery you have bought from a community lot. But they stock fine. After you stock some vegies in, you can cook meals.

Caution:
Back up your game before trying them. This is the first time I share my hacked things. I may not know all I need to know, but I do my best to let you know all possible issues based on my knowledge.

Credits:
-SimPE
-jfade, at djs. I looked at his "Seasoned" Pantry to see how to make a fridge empty.
-Targas
-Lord Darcy
-Ellatrue

* Empty fridges - Stand-alone.rar (615.04 KB - downloaded 521 times.)
* rtfm.txt (2.02 KB - downloaded 373 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 May 28, 16:16:58 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty fridges - Stand-alone (FT)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 24, 06:02:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I improved your version by applying "Repository technique". Now they share recolors with the original Maxis fridges they're based on. Useless duplicate textures were removed, and compressed with jfade's Compressorizer.

Also added empty versions for 2 K&B fridges. (K&B pack required)
Changed noisy cheap sound to quieter one for FT and K&B Romantic fridge.

* EmptyFridges - Stand-alone - RecolorEnabled.rar (294.64 KB - downloaded 547 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 May 29, 13:54:41 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 24, 19:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Lord Darcy, your versions do not have get bottle options for babies and toddlers, not on your stand alones, nor Maxis ones (with or without the overrides that I made). "Feed..." comes up when a toddler is placed in a high chair. No "change diaper" options for changing tables (Maxis one) either. So strange. I tested with (a) your unique ones only, (b) your unique ones plus my overrides, and (c) my overrides and my unique ones. All the missing options come back when (c) is in.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 24, 19:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ It kinda makes sense that you aren't able to get a milk-bottle out of a fridge filled with vegetables and fish. Tongue (that is, if Lord Darcy indeed planned it this way)

But why would changing tables be affected by this?

Dive in!
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 24, 19:18:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ It kinda makes sense that you aren't able to get a milk-bottle out of a fridge filled with vegetables and fish. Tongue (that is, if Lord Darcy indeed planned it this way)

Not just those empty fridges, but Maxis fridges (full of grocery and full price) also miss those options. That's why it's so strange.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 24, 19:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens to these fridges if someone has my permafridge hack in?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 24, 21:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not just those empty fridges, but Maxis fridges (full of grocery and full price) also miss those options. That's why it's so strange.

That's strange, I played earlier with LDarcy's files installed but didn't actually use them, I played a new family in a new lot, with a brand new fridge (the one from K&B SP) and the happy parents could both "feed bottle to" both of their toddler babies. Are you sure it's not something different that disabled it in your game?

(I only installed the standalone versions, not the overrides, if that makes any difference)

Dive in!
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 24, 21:37:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shocked Lord Darcy, your versions do not have get bottle options for babies and toddlers, not on your stand alones, nor Maxis ones (with or without the overrides that I made). "Feed..." comes up when a toddler is placed in a high chair. No "change diaper" options for changing tables (Maxis one) either. So strange. I tested with (a) your unique ones only, (b) your unique ones plus my overrides, and (c) my overrides and my unique ones. All the missing options come back when (c) is in.

I tested only with my standalones. Get Bottle For Toddlers comes up fine in my game, both on my standalones and Maxis fridges.

I only edited the bit that can affect only the appearance (mesh and texture) from your original version. (TXMT, MMAT, TXTR, SHPE and GMND). Anything else remain untouched, I don't know how it could suddenly miss already existing functions. And my versions cannot possibly affect changing tables either, that's completely unrelated.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 25, 01:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I don't know. I tested with (a) your unique ones only, (b) your unique ones plus my overrides, and (c) my overrides and my unique ones. All the missing options come back when (c) is in. No other things were added, taken out, or even moved. Nothing at all. I'm baffled. I don't know how differently I should test. I did have my army of mods in. Maybe sometime I will test just those with nothing else in. But until then, I see you guys are not having problems with it.

« Last Edit: 2008 May 26, 02:31:49 by Lion » Logged

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 28, 16:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, the 2 K&B fridges do not show up. Of course, I don't have K&B. But I thought stand-alone means they will show up any way.  Cheesy Can you make them?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 28, 16:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They show (and work) for me, but then I have K&B.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 28, 16:57:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lord Darcy, the 2 K&B fridges do not show up. Of course, I don't have K&B. But I thought stand-alone means they will show up any way.  Cheesy Can you make them?

Of course they will not show up without K&B, just like your Wornable fridge and CryonicFresh fridge will not show up without Uni and FT, respectively. "Standalone" does not mean they were cloned from one of base game fridges. They pull textures from K&B fridges they were based on, so it's pointless to make them show up without K&B anyway.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 29, 16:22:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do they look like? Do they look nice and versatile?

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 29, 17:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do they look like? Do they look nice and versatile?

They're identical clones of K&B fridges.
K&B Item Renders

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 30, 12:21:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I want.  But I don't want to buy.  Tongue  I bought all the EPs. I think I paid my due.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 30, 13:04:01 by Lion » Logged

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 30, 12:45:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I don't want to buy.  Tongue I bought all the EPs. I think I paid my due.

Who said anything about "buying"? ARRR.
This pack is not even much worth to be ARRRed, let alone to be paid for.

Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 30, 13:11:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only ARRRing experience is at the booty list. Give me a pointer to the SPs. And since I'm sure SecuRom is running in my computer (I don't connet that computer with the Internet. At least it won't phone home), will ARRRing introduce trouble? *Sign*  I'm such a newbie.  Embarrassed

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 30, 13:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My only ARRRing experience is at the booty list. Give me a pointer to the SPs. And since I'm sure SecuRom is running in my computer (I don't connet that computer with the Internet. At least it won't phone home), will ARRRing introduce trouble? *Sign*  I'm such a newbie.  Embarrassed

You need to get a torrent client software like µtorrent. Go to torrent sites like The Pirate Bay or mininova, search what you want and click the torrent file to open it in your client. In case there are several similar torrents, usually the one with the most seeders and leechers are the best.
I believe there are several threads about ARRRing 101 in Retardo Land. Search for torrent.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 30, 14:52:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure to read comments. It's rare for a problem file to get and stay up, but if all you see are people saying that the files are corrupted, etc, etc, pick a new one.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: