More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Empty fridges - Default Replacements (FT)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Empty fridges - Default Replacements (FT)  (Read 11920 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Empty fridges - Default Replacements (FT)
« on: 2008 May 20, 20:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May 24, 08: With Lord Darcy's help, I have made default overrides. Use the overrides, not the (cloned) defaults, for the full size fridges. They should now be compatible with previous EPs. For Mini, if you want all the additional options (baby bottles, stock, serve platter), you need the cloned one.

----------------------------------------------

These are for those who do not want the food that comes with a new fridge, for a neighborhood that grows its own food supply. All fridges up to FT (excluding stuff pack ones) are here. These are all default replacements in this batch.

I also adjusted their prices based on how much food that originally comes with each, given that $2 buys 1 food unit. For the wornable fridge, the value becomes negative (-25), so I gave it $25 for the price. I lowered mini so it is now $100 for an empty one. The resulting prices are as follows:

Empty Mini baby bottle auto only - default: $100
Empty Wornable fridge - default: $25
Empty EconoCool fridge - default: $200
Empty CiaoTime fridge - default: $900
Empty CryonicFresh fridge - default: $950

The mini fridge is based on Targa's  Supafridge that was  updated by Lord Darcy for FT.

There are two versions of the mini. "Targas_SupaFridge - Empty baby bottle auto only" has the feature of autonomous for baby bottles only (got the idea from Ellatrue's Baby Bottle Only Fridge), so I can put one in a nursary and sims will not go there to get food for cooking. "Targas_SupaFridge - Empty autonomous" is autonomous for everything. All functions of a full fridge are available if you direct your sim to use. Use only one version!

Requires: FT, Seasons (you need to grow produce to stock them).

Known issues:
(1) These are default replacements. They will replace Maxis fridges. They also make any existing fridge empty. So you make sure you get most of the food out (such as make plates of food and put in your inventory) before you install them. The leftovers are not affected.
(2) You can not restock with grocery you have bought from a community lot. But they stock fine. After you stock some vegies in, you can cook meals.
(3) You can not put away leftovers with "Empty Mini baby bottle auto only - default". But you can get leftovers from it if there is another fridge on the lot that has leftovers.

Caution:
Back up your game before trying them. This is the first time I share my hacked things. I may not know all I need to know, but I do my best to let you know all possible issues based on my knowledge.

Credits:
-SimPE
-jfade, at djs. I looked at his "Seasoned" Pantry to see how to make a fridge empty.
-Targas
-Lord Darcy
-Ellatrue

* Empty fridges - 4 overrides.rar (1.2 KB - downloaded 290 times.)
* Empty Mini baby bottle auto only - default.package (48.85 KB - downloaded 320 times.)
* rtfm.txt (2.05 KB - downloaded 312 times.)
« Last Edit: 2008 May 24, 19:21:10 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Empty fridges default replacements (FT)
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 20, 20:50:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any thoughts about making them stand-alone? If not, mind if I hack 'em? I'm interested in them, but don't want to lose existing groceries.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 20, 20:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ahead. Make them stand-alone (that, I don't know how yet. It's my first try at clone) and post them, I want too  Grin. Just modify BCON -> Tuning -> change first line value to zero. Change the prices too, because they should be cheaper.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 20, 21:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to give them their own GUID, and make sure that all GUID references in the BHAVs point back to that GUID. It's not hard, it just can be tedious.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 21, 10:16:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, energy usage is not in the game. This feature was apparently cut from the game at some point in development.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 21, 11:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't someone write a utility bills hack tough? I could swear I've seen that in Peasantry. Maybe that's what the energy useage is for?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 21, 11:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the system entirely functions, although it might be possible to enable to write such a thing. It'd probably end up being really cheap, though, since if bills became based on utilities-only, you could directly manipulate them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 21, 11:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a bomb. I set it down to 5 for my mini in the hope of cutting the bills for my really poor sims even more. Can't do, folks.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 21, 11:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bills are calculated purely on current lot value, so a pre-"used" house (which can you create by waving the Magic Wand in build mode before moving anyone in) costs less in both bills and to buy.

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 21, 11:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(2) You can not "put away" grocery you have bought from a community lot. I don't know why (the game does not recognize the empty space? I do not play with buying grocery). But they stock fine. And after you stock some vegies in, you can cook meals.

The first line of BCON - Tuning is "Food Unit", the maximum grocery capacity a fridge can hold. So if you set it to 0, of course it cannot accept grocery anymore.
It doesn't affect stocked fresh food points, because the game treats Fresh Foods separately from the grocery food points.

Now for the mini fridge (that comes with Uni). I cloned exactly the same way as other fridges, but somehow it is not working very well. First it has flashing blue color option, but all the three other original color options still work, so that's not too big a problem.

Just like kitchen counters, SimPE can't clone mini fridge correctly, hence the flashing blue. You have to manually correct TXMT, MMAT and STR# to make a fully working clone of mini fridge.

But then it can not be stocked, therefore becomes useless. I tested without any of my empty fridges in, the Maxis mini fridge still can not be stocked. So is it a Maxis "design" then?

Yes, Maxis never updated mini fridge to Seasons, hence no leftover and no stock.

Anyhow, I hacked that hacked Targa's Supafridge of mine this time, and now it works great in my game: comes in empty, much cheaper, has baby bottles, and not autonomous other than baby bottles. But I don't know if I can share it since it is mainly based on Targa's. I'm new to modding and not sure about these kind of rules.

I updated Targa's Supafridge to FreeTime. Targa allows modification and reposting of his/her creations, so go ahead if you want. You can make your own version based on my FT version.

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 21, 16:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be intersted in an empty fridge that wasn't a default replacement. Are you guys still working on that? Not all my lots grow their own, but it'd be nice to have this option for those that do. Smiley
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Empty fridges default replacements (FT). Added Stand-alone Mini
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 21, 21:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the droid you are looking for.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 22, 01:12:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for jfade.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 22, 17:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, that's jfade's "Seasoned" Pantry that I saw how it is done. I have that for all my families, until I want some variety.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 22, 17:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recolored it a bit last night. Just a basic white glossy recolor. I had the unhacked version from TSR before but had dumped it because the texture looks quite sloppy (it's not Jfade's work). It's enlarged too much. I'm thinking of retexturing the doors as well, I don't like seeing all those false groceries all the time.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 22, 17:23:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just can't bring myself to putting it at a corner. I'm really not SimPE proficient. But eventually I broke down and compared it to a normal fridge from every angle and found that it is BCON-Tuning. So simple. Now I change that to every cc fridge I have put in. I'm pretty happy these days.  Grin

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 22, 17:28:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Baaaaas at Kazz*

Still, I'd like the normal lookin ones as well Wink Eventually. If it's possible. I'm not pushy.

DO IT NAO!! XD
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 23, 16:32:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked up JWoods' "object creation start to finish", and started to touch the GUID. I wanted two minis in my game, one with baby bottles only for nursaries, and one totally normal for poor/single sims. So I used Lord Darcy's Targas Supafridge, made it empty, and changed its GUID to Maxis mini's GUID, so it would replace. (I cloned mini and replaced with Targas TTAB and TTAs, it did not work.)

Well, this time, it worked, almost. It has all the options, baby bottles, stock, serve platters, etc. But, you can't put away leftovers. What's that about?  Huh  Once they put away leftovers in another fridge in the house, they can get leftovers from this mini.

Is simply replacing the GUID ok? Any problem with that? Zazazu, you said
make sure that all GUID references in the BHAVs point back to that GUID

But JWoods' tutorial does not mention any of it.

Added later:

Well, it just hit me that I can switch the two versions, making the Targas one autonomous, and Mini replacement baby bottle only. Since it will be used only for nursaries and as the second fridge, it will be ok that you can't put away leftovers in this one.  Grin

Any help will still be appreciated.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 23, 17:20:11 by Lion » Logged

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 23, 18:32:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know this JWood or his/her tutorial. I smack at things until I get them to work.  *reads*  Ick, it wants me to download things? I'm still at work, so I can't at the moment.

Anyways, all I do is clone, recolor, and stumble through hacking things. Whenever I do a clone, I get a new GUID. Otherwise it overwrites the original file. With my easels, I had to get a new GUID and then replace references within the BHAV's (i.e. for my custom easels with custom paintings). Otherwise, the easels would reference the basegame easel for the painting functions. It would figure that you would have to do the same for the fridges.

However...you may not need to do that for these, now that I'm thinking of it. Yes, they need their own GUIDs to show up in the catalog separate from the default fridges. But off the top of my head I see no reason why you would need to edit the rest of the files, beyond your BCON hack. Those files are included in a clone, aren't they? Gah, I need my SimPE! Stupid work.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Empty fridges - Default Replacements (FT)
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 24, 12:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, for this "default replacement" version, you don't need to clone a whole fridge. It's sheer bloatness. All you need to do is to make an override file for Maxis fridges containing only BCON - Tuning and OBJD.

In the Object Workshop, clone one of Maxis fridge, but uncheck every option except "Pull Only Default Color". The group will not change to 0xFFFFFFFF.
Extract BCON - Tuning and OBJD. Make a new file, and add previously extracted resources. Change BCON and OBJD accordingly. Save. Repeat it to other Maxis fridges.

You can get the idea how to do it by looking at my Higher comfort and energy for Maxis beds mod.

This override method has the benefit of being compatible with previous EPs, not just FT, because it does not contain TTAB.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 24, 12:41:59 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: