More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 21:47:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Leftovers disappearing
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Leftovers disappearing  (Read 19840 times)
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Leftovers disappearing
« on: 2008 April 30, 04:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a problem with leftovers disappearing.  When a sim goes to the fridge to get a leftover, they remove it and it disappears from their hand as they shut the door.  I've only recently installed Free Time and took out all my hacks.  I've only put back hacks updated for FT.  I also did a few searches here to see if this topic had been discussed somewhere already and couldn't find anything.  Forgive me if I've missed it.  I have all EPs and none of the stuff packs.  I'm using Maxis fridges.  At first I thought I just had a borked lot, but it's happening on all the lots now.  Any ideas?
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: Leftovers disappearing
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 30, 04:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were the leftovers put into the fridge prior to you installing Freetime?  This sounds like something that would occur with a new EP's "reset".
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 30, 04:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, this is happening in a brand new neighborhood I've created since installing FT.  I don't have any custom foods and am using Maxis fridges.  The only food related hack I have is havealeftover (can't remember who created that right now) but that's not it because I tried it with that hack removed and it still did it.  I can put the leftovers into the fridge, and "Get Leftovers" is still a choice on the fridge menu, but when the sim removes the plate or platter, it disappears.  I've also tried sticking the platter into inventory (which I used to do before Seasons let us have leftovers) and when I take it out, the only choices available are "Continue Cooking," "Call to Meal..." and "Clean Up."  Calling to meal has no affect.  Nothing happens and no one can grab a plate.  Did Free Time do something to the food?
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 30, 05:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also tried sticking the platter into inventory (which I used to do before Seasons let us have leftovers) and when I take it out, the only choices available are "Continue Cooking," "Call to Meal..." and "Clean Up."  Calling to meal has no affect.  Nothing happens and no one can grab a plate.

Your food was shot to hell. This happens every time the game resets, like installing a new EP or a new patch. Some hacks also reset the game. You can't resume cooking, despite what the pie menu says. You have to get rid of all affected dishes.

If you take it out, your food will be shot. If you have no food that you are worried about shooting, then you do not need it at this time. Food is frequently shot when you install a new expansion or patch, resulting in all food stored as shop inventory, live on counters, or in character inventory being shot. Remember, don't shoot food!

Get dontshootfood included in FT Director's Cut. I always keep this hack in my downloads folder to prevent ruined food.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 30, 06:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know that that will work, since this is new food the OP is talking about, not food that's been around since before the new EP.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 30, 16:12:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't happen to have Cathair's FinishCustomFood hack installed? That can cause food to disappear once removed from the fridge. I know you said you removed your hacks..but sometimes things have a way of avoiding detection. Just a shot in the dark.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 30, 16:38:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they half-eaten plates of food or full? I've had that happen occasionally since BV at least, but it was mostly with pretty old leftovers that were only half-eaten. (Some hack I had in at the time had the Sims autonomously put away even half-eaten leftovers, so the fridges were full of that junk.) I liked it, whatever caused it, because it was a waste of time to make the Sims eat those two-bite plates, but I couldn't get rid of them any other way. I'd make them get each half-eaten plate, it would disappear, and then they'd get a serving platter and it was still good.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 30, 17:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've also tried sticking the platter into inventory (which I used to do before Seasons let us have leftovers) and when I take it out, the only choices available are "Continue Cooking," "Call to Meal..." and "Clean Up."  Calling to meal has no affect.  Nothing happens and no one can grab a plate.

Your food was shot to hell. This happens every time the game resets, like installing a new EP or a new patch. Some hacks also reset the game. You can't resume cooking, despite what the pie menu says. You have to get rid of all affected dishes.

If you take it out, your food will be shot. If you have no food that you are worried about shooting, then you do not need it at this time. Food is frequently shot when you install a new expansion or patch, resulting in all food stored as shop inventory, live on counters, or in character inventory being shot. Remember, don't shoot food!

Get dontshootfood included in FT Director's Cut. I always keep this hack in my downloads folder to prevent ruined food.

I don't have that hack but will see if it helps.  This wasn't food that was in the fridge before I installed FT, though.  I created this entire neighborhood since then and this is new food just made by the sim.  Once it goes into the fridge or inventory, it's as good as gone.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 30, 17:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't happen to have Cathair's FinishCustomFood hack installed? That can cause food to disappear once removed from the fridge. I know you said you removed your hacks..but sometimes things have a way of avoiding detection. Just a shot in the dark.

No, I don't use custom foods and the only food/fridge related hacks I have are havealeftover, noeatcrap, and moveawayfromthefridge.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 30, 17:21:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are they half-eaten plates of food or full? I've had that happen occasionally since BV at least, but it was mostly with pretty old leftovers that were only half-eaten. (Some hack I had in at the time had the Sims autonomously put away even half-eaten leftovers, so the fridges were full of that junk.) I liked it, whatever caused it, because it was a waste of time to make the Sims eat those two-bite plates, but I couldn't get rid of them any other way. I'd make them get each half-eaten plate, it would disappear, and then they'd get a serving platter and it was still good.

It's serving platters, too.  And single servings that were "served" but never eaten.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 30, 19:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just posting to say ditto on all of what the OP has said, since no one else has. I wonder if it may be an actual FT bug.

I was having this problem with a brand new neighborhood as well, and my only food related hacks are noeatcrap and moveawayfromfridge.
banshee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 30, 19:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I occasionally have the same problem and it was happening before FT.  What seems to happen is one sim gets leftovers from the fridge and a fastidiously neat sim cleans up the leftovers before the first sims gets to the table with their meal.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 30, 19:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm just posting to say ditto on all of what the OP has said, since no one else has. I wonder if it may be an actual FT bug.

I was having this problem with a brand new neighborhood as well, and my only food related hacks are noeatcrap and moveawayfromfridge.

All fridges and food preparation sequences work fine in my hood.  Leftovers function normally under FT.  I suspect hacks or other CC.  Even if your hacks are all cleared for FT, they may still conflict with hacks by another modder.  Your description of problem seems to match that of madamejeanie, and both of you also have "moveawayfromthefridge".  Guess what I would remove to test.

Tribulatio proxima est
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 30, 19:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I occasionally have the same problem and it was happening before FT.  What seems to happen is one sim gets leftovers from the fridge and a fastidiously neat sim cleans up the leftovers before the first sims gets to the table with their meal.
No, it happens when it's only one sim living alone, too.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 30, 19:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had it happen in one house post-FT; the leftovers were all empty bowls and plates.  Otherwise, every other house has been fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 30, 20:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was happening to me too; one of the hacks I removed stopped it.  But I don't remember which one it was.  Sorry.

May all your fears & worries come true.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 30, 21:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I took out the moveawayfromfridge and the havealeftover hacks and the problem is gone in at least one house.  I'm hoping it's gone for good.  I thought I had replaced all my hacks with FT updated ones, but I think that one of those must have gotten by me.  Thanks for all the help!
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 30, 21:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated Have-A-Leftover-1c-serve from Dizzy works well.  I don't know about any "moveawayfromfridge" so that may have been your issue.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 30, 22:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use 'moveawayfromfridge' (I think it is by Squinge) and it is fine in my game-I don't use the Dizzy Leftover Hack though. Perhaps you just can't use those hacks together.

madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 May 01, 03:51:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use 'moveawayfromfridge' (I think it is by Squinge) and it is fine in my game-I don't use the Dizzy Leftover Hack though. Perhaps you just can't use those hacks together.

Yes, that is definitely the case.  I tried running the game with each of those in and I could successfully get leftovers from the fridge.  When I put them both in together, the plate/platter disappeared from the sim's hand as soon as the fridge door closed.  So, I guess if I had to choose between them, I'll probably use the moveawayfromfridge because that drives me nuts when a couple is trying to feed twins.   Cheesy
Blueblood
Blathering Buffoon

My very own a The Cheat gnome! o.O

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 May 02, 01:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using a move away from fridge mod from InSim along with Dizzy's hack and haven't had any problems.
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=77647
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2008 May 03, 09:03:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had problems with a food disappearing like this yesterday - The base game fridge had a mix of old and new food, some serving plates, some individual plates, also some half-eaten.  Funnily it was mostly old chef salad that disappeared where the old gelatin was OK.  I was wondering if the multiple plates of chef salad had been made with the OFB 'make group meal' option rather than the 'serve food' option.  I can't remember, but that felt like a possible problem.  When you make a group meal and put it down, the only option is 'serve' - 'grab a plate' doesn't come up.  When you make 5 group meals, take 5 plates from inventory and have sim put 5 plates in the fridge, it never gets served.  Does 'dontshootfood' work on it properly?

I don't have any squinge or dizzy hacks.  I do have the latest 'Dontshootfood', but I did have an out of date version of TwoJeffs 'Food already available' hack.  I've updated that one just now, but DK if that was it. I used to have a food hack that made different kinds of pizza.  That's gone - I don't think the chef salad used to be pizza, but I suppose it's possible....  I suppose replacing the fridge might be worth trying.  I deleted all my CC fridges rather than update them yet again - could be it used to be a CC fridge.

Edited when I remembered a few more things...
« Last Edit: 2008 May 03, 09:20:49 by cwykes » Logged

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: