More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 13:57:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Room Service Fix - Not Fixed
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Room Service Fix - Not Fixed  (Read 8565 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Room Service Fix - Not Fixed
« on: 2007 October 03, 02:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have seen the complaints around the site about the Room Service not properly working, and the fix posted at MTS2. http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=249921

I started a clean game and took the Travelers to Tikki Twin Palms hotel and saved the game. I tried room service several times, but the hotel clerk would reach under the table, pull out the tray, and it would dissappear.

I put the fix in the game and saw room service work properly for the first time.

I added in Maty Hacks, and the clerk would serve the tray on the check-in desk, making the food dissappear. But this time he actually removed the tray lid, just at the desk rather than in the room.

I spent the next couple of hours doing a binary search. Soon it seemed that quite a few mods were incompatible. That really didn't make sense, especially since the mod conflict report was clean.

So I went back to just having the fix in the download folder, and after 10 game reloads, found that it is only working about 50% of the time, half the time working properly, the other half of the time serving it on the clerk's desk.  I reported the problem to the mod's author.

Will we be getting an awesome fix for this irritating problem? The one available just isn't doing the job. Or do we need to just wait for the patch?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Room Service Fix - Not Fixed
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 03, 05:54:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've checked it again and removed all possible break points from this procedure.So,please redownload from MTS2 and let me know about results. Smiley
Simmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 03, 06:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not sure if this will help or not, but I have trying to make sure the room service has a clear table and chair to place the food onto, so what I did was put a single table and chair closest to the door.. before if something was in it's way it looked like it disappeared and I found it later on the ground..

the other is I did notice you can't order more than once until someone is actually eating the first meal that was ordered..
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 03, 10:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems odd to post a report about an MTS2 hack on the MATY forum.  Unless it was first posted in the appropriate thread and the author said "sorry that's the best I can do".

Or is the etiquette I had got used to with the Sims 1 community considered out of date now?

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 03, 12:33:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems to me the OP did report to the author of that hack that it wasn't working.. and was asking here in the hopes that His Awsomeness could possibly make an awesome hack that worked better/less conflicting than the other hack.  Pescado does frown upon the usage of less awesome hacks so it stands to reason to ask if he has a fix.

I don't think one could ask for a better hack request than the one the OP did.. they did their homework, requested instead of demanded and used nice grammar.

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 03, 13:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it work for hundreds and not work for few-is it mean NOT fixed?Why I'm not surprised?For most part of MATY members even
Squinge's mods non-awesome(even when they still have 30% in their downloads).
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 03, 14:43:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, but when things break MATY folks assume it's the non-awesome first. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 03, 15:48:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it work for hundreds and not work for few-is it mean NOT fixed?

Well, yes, that's exactly what it means. If it was truly fixed then it should work for everyone all the time, otherwise it means there are still problems with it. Even Pescado has to do some tweaking on his stuff once in a while, but he doesn't whine about it... just saying...

gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 03, 16:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have jmp's dramafix hack? I decided to find out what was causing this (and my fountain problem) and so I took out all my hacks, room service worked fine. Then put just my jmp folder in, broken. Then I started narrowing it down and its dramafix. It causes weird jerky lag and the room service bug. Or at least MY room service bug.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 03, 16:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have the latest version of dramafix in (dated may 27 of this year, I believe).  I have dramafix in my game and never had a problem with the room service tray disappearing. You might want to check to make sure you have all your JMP hacks updated, too, and remove any that haven't been updated for BV yet (there are a few).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 03, 17:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm less whiny seems to do it too. I checked both dramafix and less whiny twice. In, start the game, out start the game.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 03, 17:21:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yes, that's exactly what it means. If it was truly fixed then it should work for everyone all the time, otherwise it means there are still problems with it. Even Pescado has to do some tweaking on his stuff once in a while, but he doesn't whine about it... just saying...

Bull shit...just saying...about whine... Smiley
I'm not awesome person in chatting and in english too,but as for me,more correct  name for this topic could be "roomservice fix-not fixed for ME"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 03, 17:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bull shit...just saying...about whine... Smiley
I'm not awesome person in chatting and in english too,but as for me,more correct  name for this topic could be "roomservice fix-not fixed for ME"

Actually, magicmoon said:
So I went back to just having the fix in the download folder, and after 10 game reloads, found that it is only working about 50% of the time, half the time working properly, the other half of the time serving it on the clerk's desk.  I reported the problem to the mod's author.
There were no other hacks it was conflicting against. Which means the hack, in a clean game, was only working half the time. There's another person in the MTS2 thread who is having the same problem. Buy hey, don't support your mods, and keep copying JM's work for kicks (with slight changes), proporting VBT's as advice to simmers, et al. Due to your attitude, I'd never download anything you put out.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 04, 04:38:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't want to use my mods Zazazu?This is tragedy for me Grin...

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 04, 05:02:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know. I'm terribly sorry. If it helps, I can refer you to several assistance programs to pay for your Prozac.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 04, 08:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm learned and still learning from great Pescados(and not only)mods,but never used any JMP mods extractions in my creations!Shamelessly to talk about it Zazazu,but as obviously the conscience it is not your property...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 04, 08:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hmm less whiny seems to do it too. I checked both dramafix and less whiny twice. In, start the game, out start the game.
I really, really don't think those are related, considering they affect totally unrelated code areas. It is more simply explained that the behavior is simply random and depends on random factors completely unrelated to the above. These are typically the hardest glitches to track down.

Also, the problem doesn't happen in my game at all, despite having everything and nothing specifically for fixing it. I am inclined to chalk this up as a Gethane-type problem. Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 04, 15:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm learned and still learning from great Pescados(and not only)mods,but never used any JMP mods extractions in my creations!Shamelessly to talk about it Zazazu,but as obviously the conscience it is not your property...
I'm sorry, there's a bit of ESL challenge with my reading your posts (not your fault, I admire people who learn multiple languages). Are you saying that I don't have a conscience? How in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 04, 17:47:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu, not sure but I think he meant that this mod is not your property.  Could be wrong though.  Tongue

ETA:  An IMHO, he did gave support according to this:

I've checked it again and removed all possible break points from this procedure.So,please redownload from MTS2 and let me know about results

Personally, I must be a lucky one like Pescado since I did not experience this bug so far therefore I felt no need to install this fix, crossing fingers so it stays that way.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 04, 17:53:18 by MissDoh » Logged
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 04, 18:50:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not, and I've never claimed it is. He just rubs me the wrong way. If you can't tell  Tongue.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 07, 11:06:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I downloaded the updated fix, put it in a clean game, and took a family on vacation. I took them to every hotel in the 3 Lakes hood, and room service worked every time. I then took them home and chose a different family to go on vacation.

When the 2nd family went on vacation. Room service didn't work again. I took them to every hotel in the Oriental hood and it didn't work for any of them. Remember, this is still the clean game and still the same game load, I didn't restart my game after testing the first family.

So frustrated, I left the fix in and put all of my other hacks back in the game. It's working almost every time now.

So EA has done something weird, because this fix should work every time, not just most of the time. I'm wondering if Maxis broke the code in 2 different places or something. Perhaps something doesn't load in correctly when the vacation hood loads, because that one family couldn't get the room service to work for their entire vacation, where the family before them had it working the entire time, and since I didn't reload the game in between vacations, it should have worked exactly the same.

*When I say 'didn't work' I mean that the bellhop served the food on the check-in desk instead of taking it to the room. In a clean game, without the fix, I can't get room service to work at all. The food tray just disappears as soon as it is taken from under the desk. I have all the EPs, but none of the stuff packs.

I'm trying to understand why clean games would behave differently for different people and why anything would work 2 different ways during the same game load. It doesn't make sense.

I have posted a similar reply in the author's thread.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: