More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:49:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  buyable vegetables & fruits seasons ep
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: buyable vegetables & fruits seasons ep  (Read 10395 times)
little bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
buyable vegetables & fruits seasons ep
« on: 2007 September 26, 06:43:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey there!

No clue if this is the right place to ask for something but I'll do it anyways  Grin

I've been looking for buyable fruits & vegetables from the seasons ep. I've found the fish in a "non buyable objects" collection on modthesims but that one doesn't work with bon voyage anymore.

So, does anybody know where to find these objects or hack or whatever it is?

Thank u!

lil bandit
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: buyable vegetables & fruits seasons ep
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 26, 10:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can buy them online using Monique's computer (found at ModTheSims2)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 26, 11:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is not considered to be a need for such a thing, because if you simply want to cheat, shift-click on the juicer.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 26, 15:33:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or set up a community garden.
1. Have a sim with a fair amount of funds by a community lot. (Personally, I like just using a tiny 1x1 plot because it gives it that true community garden feel)
2. Have the sim visit the lot. You'll want to enter two cheats: "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" and "motiveDecay off".
3. Build the lot out like you want it. Make sure to include plenty of garden plots, plus a fruit tree of each type. I like having benches and a gazebo, too, but to each their own. Be sure to plunk down plenty of ladybug houses if not using a greenhouse...the planting takes awhile and you will get bugs otherwise.
4. Shift-click on your sim. Choose "Spawn---Badge Juicer". Then click on the toy boat that appears and choose to give your sim the Gold gardening badge.
5. Have your sim plant whichever plants you want wherever you want them.
6. Pause time. Shift-click on the plants. Choose "Make Harvestable". You can do this for eight plants before unpausing. Unpause, see them bloom. Repeat as needed. (This is a little buggy, you may have to repeat for some plants because maybe six out of eight will actually bloom).
7. Have your sim leave the lot.
8. Sell the lot back to the community.
9. Viola! You now have a community garden looking all pretty from the neighborhood view and providing free harvestable top-grade produce to any sim who visits.

This community garden-type lot is especially useful in urban neighborhoods.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 26, 19:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a business to sell fresh veggies and fish without cheating.

I have a Sim couple who have a large garden, fruit trees and a pond at home.  Once they had a lot of stuff, I built a store for them to sell it on a community lot.  Each display case is set up to hold 3 fruit/veggie items (to reduce customer crowding) except the ones holding fish, which have one fish on each shelf.  Get a customer controller and set it for playable local non-poor Sims.  Hire a restocker and a cashier.  Make sure everything is working properly, then ignore the store. 

The Sim who owns the store will have to do a bit of fishing and gardening occasionally so that the store doesn't run out.  The store cannot be sold back to the community, because then the veggies and such won't be buyable.  Send all your playable Sims to that store for their fresh food needs.

Set the prices however you want, as it's your Sims who will be doing most of the buying.  Do I need to point out that setting an orange to 10,000 is a bad idea here?  If you're playing the store much, you may have to set the price on a scarce item higher than normal to keep from running out, at least until your Sim can grow more of that item.

Enjoy.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 26, 19:48:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pc-sims had some, but they are gone now, and I'm not sure if they were one of those things that I had downloaded.
They were just some modified, and slightly resized grocery bins.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 26, 20:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Paladin's produce and fish packing stations over at http://www.simwardrobe.com/. The crates it makes are buyable, and before I reset the neighborhood Rose Greenman had a pretty decent plantsim agricultural empire going.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 26, 20:17:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to add that if you have a community lot business if you don't play it and your sims merely visit it from their lot.  The food will mystically regenerate meaning the store will never run out of fresh veggies.  As for buying them i started using Paladins packing bences that way you can buy several boxes in a few minutes instead of spending 10 or so real minutes grabbing enoough.

Paladins Site
http://www.simwardrobe.com
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 26, 20:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just commenting on the hilarity. I was about to post about Paladin's widget.  Grin

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 27, 07:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that community garden idea - thanks zazazu

Inteen for AL, yay!
little bandit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 27, 09:09:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your answers. I was looking for buyable fruit because I want to have a grocery store in my neighbourhood and I don't feel like doing all the planting, harvesting stuff. Just wanted a quick way to do it. *lazybum*  Grin

I really like the community garden idea but you have to use the testincheatsenabled cheat to do it right? I just don't seem to be smart enough to get that one working in my game altough I have only tried it once. Well, guess I'll read about that one a little bit and I'll try it out this weekend.

Thanks alot!

bandit
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 27, 14:57:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like the community garden idea but you have to use the testincheatsenabled cheat to do it right? I just don't seem to be smart enough to get that one working in my game altough I have only tried it once.
The long cheats can be difficult to enter without borking, especially if you normally find spelling a challenge. Just bring up the cheat console. Then Alt-Tab to your browser. Copy "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" (sans quotes). Alt-Tab back to the game. Paste in the cheat console with Ctrl-V.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 27, 18:16:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Better yet, add the long cheats to your userstartup.cheat file with aliases, and you don't have to worry about misspelling them in the game. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 28, 07:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Zazazou - do you feel like putting a community garden up for download somewhere for all of us really idle simmers?  The exchange or TSR or MTS2..?  I'm not moved to build one, but I'll download!  I'll put it on my site as a Meadow Lawns add on if you want, but nobody will find it there....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 28, 07:28:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Zazazou - do you feel like putting a community garden up for download somewhere for all of us really idle simmers?  The exchange or TSR or MTS2..?  I'm not moved to build one, but I'll download!  I'll put it on my site as a Meadow Lawns add on if you want, but nobody will find it there....

Notovny made a community garden that you can find here. He has created several very interesting lots including a produce warehouse (a more urban version of the same idea only using fruitbowls of awesomeness and a cow plant farm.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 28, 07:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link - haven't been there before.  His lot is updated to use BV which I don't have.  Anyway I like the sound of ZaZaZou's small lot.  Peasantry would be the other place to put it...

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 28, 08:52:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll second cwykes. lol I'd love to have Zazu's.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 28, 15:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure. The 1x1 I have is pretty custom-content free (shocker), just in another 'hood. I'll package it up tonight. It's not a greenhouse lot. I somehow dumped my lot catalog about two months ago and lost the larger ones I'd made in a bombed neighborhood.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 28, 18:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the link - haven't been there before.  His lot is updated to use BV which I don't have.  Anyway I like the sound of ZaZaZou's small lot.  Peasantry would be the other place to put it...

There are actually two versions available on the same page. The first one was made with Seasons installed.  The Bon Voyage  version was reqiured because installing Bon Voyage apparently reverts all Garden Plants to the "just planted" stage.

http://www.notovny.com/lots/comm/persephone/index.html

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 29, 18:05:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.4shared.com/file/25324779/10324d0/Community_Garden.html
Here is an image of it in its earlier incarnation:

I've added one of each type of fruit tree, but everything else is the same. The hacked garden plot that comes with it is from here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=229680 and allows for placing plots on foundations and upper stories without weird floating effects.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 30, 08:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks pretty and just what I want for my row of 1x1 houses and shops.  Thanks Zazazu

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: