More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 04:51:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New survey on official BBS
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New survey on official BBS  (Read 22658 times)
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: New survey on official BBS
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 14, 16:30:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I'm using Firefox and the survey gave me the 'full' message too. Cleared my cookies and everthing.  Sad

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 14, 17:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just tried that now. Doesn't work. For you guys getting the survey do you have Firefox or Netscape? Because I am using IE.

I was able to take the survey and I use IE.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 14, 17:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well looks like they took the link down off the site. I don't know what it's problem is with me, but I had been trying to take it since 4:30AM PST and there's been several people who managed to take it after me.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 14, 17:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like them to improve the visitors to the community lots.

I do not want to see children or teens on a community lot during school hours, nor anyone there when they should be at work. Do not want to see children on the lot at 2am without parents (or even with)

If I send a Romance Sim out while his children are at school and his wife is at work, they should NOT show up on the lot until it's done. If the game can recognize they are unavailable when I phone, why can't it do the same for community lots?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 14, 18:07:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not want to see children or teens on a community lot during school hours, nor anyone there when they should be at work. Do not want to see children on the lot at 2am without parents (or even with)

If I send a Romance Sim out while his children are at school and his wife is at work, they should NOT show up on the lot until it's done. If the game can recognize they are unavailable when I phone, why can't it do the same for community lots?

You have a good point.  What also bothers me is the fact that Sims can call to mention the friendship is going low, you hang-up try to call them right away and you get a message they are at work, WTF!
simposiast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 14, 18:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would like more plain clothes meshes. They nearly all seem to have odd bows, cut-outs or other lumps and bumps that limit the design options.

I like the idea of extra packs that only have new objects.  The main reason I bought the expansion packs was for new objects, clothes and building options, I didn't particularly want influence, young adults, zombies, chemistry, furious sims or vampires.  It would be perfect for me if I could get the new objects without changing the gameplay of the original game.

Missdoh, I can read French fairly well, but I'd have to reply in English.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 14, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god!!! Syberspunk! That's incredible! its unbelivable the amount of character you can put in a single post. hahahaha, all of your posts are gigantic!! everytime I see your name in a thread i just have to go in. I try to guess the size of it.  Cheesy hehehe...
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 14, 20:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hey you know, what I like about NL?
1 - inventories (bugs aside)
2 - neighborhood view
3 - group managment. it got much easier to throw a party and not having your guests going away from the room where the party really is happening.
4 - vampires introduce a different style of play.

all the bugs aside, the main thing i didn't like is:
Game is becoming challenge-free because its becoming so easy. There is nothing in the game that is hard to get. ReNoYu orb is less than 7,000! Also with university it got easier too, with the more wants slots.
I like these new features. however the new features are not bringing any new challenges to the game, only making it easier to accomplish the existing ones.

to improve:
the game needs a more features that are not easily accessed and that presents the player with chioces to make that will each lead to different possibilities. choices that will unlock new things but will lock others
What i mean is that we can easily make all our sims have every object, every carrer reward, every asp reward, experience almost everything, rendering the game boring quickly.
reaching certain degree on a carrear, will unlock a reward. however it is just too easy get it, and after that, the same sim can easily reach the top of another carrear and unlock the other reward, and the go to another carrear... etc.
I think the game would be much more interesting with GRADUAL unlockable features, and more difficult ones

For example:
After a sim becomes captain hero, it could have some special tasks for him to do and if he managed to, then new behaviors or interactions or objects, would be avaiable to him, but only while he is captain hero. then if he retires as Captain hero it could have some features unlocked for him. However if that sim chooses to quit the job he would loose acess to those features. Then if he gets another job in a different carrear and reach the top of that one, there will be different tasks, different rewards.
Peel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 14, 20:37:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was nicer than I would have been if they'd given me a space for general comments at the end, as I was expecting. .

I added my general comments under the 'What didn't you like about Nightlife' and 'How could have we improved Nightlife' -- or whatever those ‘in your own words' boxes were called.  I had a feeling that that there wouldn't be any general comments at the end as market research companies don't generally want general comments just a confirmation of what they found out in their last market research. One of my comments was to stop using market research so much for development as I do think that it kills any original or innovative ideas from ever being done and just produces the same games but with "bigger tits and bigger explosions"... but then this is EA.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 14, 20:53:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took that survey... and you know, I left feeling that Maxis must be brain-damaged.  Every stinkin' time they come up with a "Which of the folloiwing games do you own?" question they ALWAYS include The Sims 2 on the list.  Well... duh...

On the "following five features" page, one of my options was Other: Genies.  I've been wanting them since the game came out, virtually.  Of course, the sheeple want werewolves... *rolls eyes*

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 14, 20:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I love how they have to shove some new weirdo type of sim species in every addon. I could sort of see the vampires going with Nightlife, but what the hell do zombies have to do with going to college? I'm sure with the next expansion pack we'll have werewolf entrepreneurs.  Roll Eyes

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 14, 21:05:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the weirdo types are kinda cute really - mostly because I don't find it difficult to ignore anything I don't want (I played with aliens a tiny bit but not much and totally ignored zombies). I guess vampires are harder to try and then make go away, 'least other people seem to be getting vampires everywhere, but I haven't had that in my game. I only ever saw the countess (dunno why), turned some sims into vampires, changed 'em back and see the countess out now and then, but nobody is trying to bite my sims at least. Course I'm very controlling... <control-freak here>

Werewolves should come with pets, and personally I don't want that anytime soon. Unleashed was so bad for me, I quit playing sims1. If they do a pet expansion, it needs to be much better'n that. I love NL tho and I was scared, as I had trouble with Hot Date too. IMO, the *best* thing about NL is they managed to make it fun to go downtown without lagging the game so bad it wasn't worth playing. I hafta give 'em kudos for that. I'm rather looking forward to business - at home business stuff is my favorite idea and I always want more (off to look up that computer, I don't have it yet Smiley Thanks!)

Unsouper
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 14, 22:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh, those are great points that I didn't even think of. And as for the date thing, what lot do you mean? Do you mean on community lots? So like you are making your sim cheat on his wife? Hehe.  Grin How evil! But, you know what? You could also think of it this way... maybe your kids and your wife are playing hooky from school or work. Tongue So... there's that risk factor you take with cheating. You never know if your kids or wife might catch you. Now for adults, I think it would be ok. But for kids, I think it would be funny if you catch them on a community lot or whatever, during school hours. If you're the parent, you should be able to "Bust" them for playin hooky and "Lecture" them. Now that would be cool and more realistic.  Cheesy

Oh my god!!! Syberspunk! That's incredible! its unbelivable the amount of character you can put in a single post. hahahaha, all of your posts are gigantic!! everytime I see your name in a thread i just have to go in. I try to guess the size of it.  Cheesy hehehe...

Haha, I get that a lot. Tongue It's funny because it's either a blessing or a curse. People either find my posts interesting and entertaining, or far too long, drawn out, rambly, and annoying. I just have the "gift of gab" and a painful habit of being overly verbose when it comes to posting/typing. I tend to also leave very looooooooooooonng voice mails. My friends hate/love me for that as well.  Wink And I also have weekly email updates to my students, who totally hate/love me for that too. Lol. You win some, you lose some.

And as for the survey... well I saw this thread, and I immediately went there and was able to do the survey fine. I was like in the middle of doing it, and this was well after Motoki had posted that it was full. *shrugs* I'm using IE on my laptop. It did have intermitten spasms, where I would click the button for the Next Question, and it didn't load. I would just close my browser and it re-open a new one, and it loaded back to the page I was on. Is it possible that you are on some big network (like a school network) which I suppose would broadcast a general LAN/WAN IP. And therefore, perhaps if one person took the survey on your campus (if you go to school), then the site thinks that it was already taken? I'm just grasping for straws. Tongue

Oh and back to linolino's post, I agree that things are not as challenging. You know what might be neat: Age Specific Wants or Lifetime Wants or Aspiration Rewards. What I mean by this, is that things you might only be able to achieve during a certain age, and would never be able to again once you get past that age. Sorta of like, you know, the things you want to do before you're 30. Babies already have something like that, where they want to learn how to walk, talk, and be potty trained. Wouldn't it be neat if there were sort of age specific LTWs? It might spice things up. If you don't manage to achieve an LTW, maybe it rerolls your LTW that are related to the current Age. I can't think of a good example right now tho...

I'm sure some of you might have played Sims Bustin' Out? I thought it was pretty cool that specific sims from different households had specific socials. And you had to unlock these by doing certain tasks and you eventually "learned" that social from the sim in that household. It was pretty cool. Kind of like how only SS members have that secret society handshake. It might be a neat way to make sims more individually distinct. I like that Capt. Hero idea.

And I also love the funny weird thing NPCs and monster/supernatural sim types that they add. I actually would want Werewolves too. But then I'm a HUGE Buffy fan as well, so I'd also want Witches/Magic back in the game too. Tongue Maybe then I could actually make a whole Buffy set. Hehehe.  Grin

As for the zombies... well maybe it's a stretch, but have you seen Shaun of the Dead? You know how it parodies life in general and how you might feel/seem like a zombie. Well school can feel that way too. Just goin through the motions, gettin up to go to class all the time, partying (well so I've heard Tongue), studying, homework, taking your final exams, wash, rinse, repeat the next semester. Often times, you literally feel brain dead too. Tongue I thought it was kind of a cute analogy and was kind of perfect for University. But I don't know, maybe I'm just over thinking things and it was a odd coincidence that only I find amusingly witty.  Undecided

Oooh... and I suppose Werewolves would make sense with a Pets expansion. Hrm... I guess that might be something to look forward to, at least for me. Now what could they add along with Open for Business? Frankenstein? Bill Gates? Those are both quite unnaturally monsterous. I don't know what else supernatural would be related to Business. Tongue

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 14, 23:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not in college. I'm in an apartment on a small commercial ISP (nothing well known that like AOL or anything like that). I can't think of why in the world it wouldn't let me in but I swear that it wouldn't and I kept trying too.

KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 14, 23:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not in college. I'm in an apartment on a small commercial ISP (nothing well known that like AOL or anything like that). I can't think of why in the world it wouldn't let me in but I swear that it wouldn't and I kept trying too.

I was at work with msn for dial up (yay getting DSL next week!) connection when I tried the to get onto the survey first thing this morning and I kept getting the survey is full message as well. Maybe the BBS just hates us, Motoki. Wink

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 15, 00:38:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I filled it out last night.

After seeing how in depth some of you went on the little "essays" lol I feel like I barely wrote a thing.

I looked at it more as this is about NL..not the base game or Uni that they want feedback on...b/c if it was Uni..oh poor scores and bitchfests all around lol

Nightlife has been good to me though..no bugs yet...even before the patch. With Nightlife anyways.  Uni..completely different story..had it not  been for the modders the game would have been unplayable months ago w/o constant reinstalls.

While feeling out the survey I had an urge to go find a megaphone and maxis...ea games or whoever is responsible for that idea and scream that I didn't care about the silly little booster packs or whatever they're called.  And yes it's true I am HIGHLY UNLIKELY to fork over $19.99  for one of those things.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 15, 03:00:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SnootySims has a list of the questions here for those who missed it.

<insert witty comment here>
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 15, 03:02:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Filled it out . . . either right when or before this post showed up. I mainly marked "more weirdness!" and "less bugfests!" wherever I could. Gave them what, in my mind, are very good suggestions. Robots, more aliens, mutants, useful computers, roleplaying games. (Although I would rather fear a "roleplaying table," now that I see the compulsiveness that Maxis tends to give those sorts of objects.) I was so happy when I heard that OB may include robots. Whee! Craftable robots! And maybe androids? Now that would be cool.

I found the question about "do you want your clothes to be more cooler or less cooler" [sic] amusing.

Je parle un peu du français. Je puis livre meilleur que je écrire, et je écrire meilleur que je parle. Je suis pas mal en général, mais je ne pratique pas autant que je voudrais. (Je regrette si le grammaire est mal. Je ne sais pas comment le dire exactement.)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 15, 03:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the question about "do you want your clothes to be more cooler or less cooler" [sic] amusing.

I laughed for a good 5 minutes at that question. What the hell does that mean anyway? Some of those multiple choice questions really needed an additional text box so I could add comments like "I find legwarmers and jelly bracelets and Jams to be cool, FYI". I spent most of my dislikes paragraph bitching about how the Pleasure Sims are just like Romance Sims except they get paid in flowers and fountains to sleep with the neighborhood (unless I'm doing things all wrong, I can't score a dream date without woohooing at least once). I guess I was expecting something more out of Pleasure Sims and not just Romance with a different name. Nightlife is by far my favorite EP of either Sims game, which kinda amuses me since I really disliked Hot Date, but the whole dating/Pleasure scene really bugs me. I may be the odd (wo)man out on that one, though.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 15, 03:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Je parle un peu du français. Je puis livre meilleur que je écrire, et je écrire meilleur que je parle. Je suis pas mal en général, mais je ne pratique pas autant que je voudrais. (Je regrette si le grammaire est mal. Je ne sais pas comment le dire exactement.)

Moi et bien comme c'est ma langue maternelle je suis "fluent". Effectivement tu as quelques erreurs de grammaire mais j'arrive tres bien a te comprendre.  C'est tellement rare que j'ai l'occasion de discuter en francais avec des bbser's que j'en suis toute émue  Tongue  N'importe quand que tu as envies de le pratiquer, je suis la pour toi.

I am really happy that I can speak 2 different language, my voculabary is not that bad but my grammar is poor in English but I speak English all the time at work so I have the chance to pratice it often.  Anyhow, you do not seem to have problem understanding me so I guess I am not that bad, as long as you don't compare my English to some BBSers on the "official" bbs I am ok.  Grin
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 15, 09:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HEALTH & SICKNESS?  They actually listened to me!!!  I've been asking for this on every board I can for a while now.  I've also asked them to include a middle-age life span with it.  Oh, I do hope this comes out.  As for the survey, I presume I've missed it, which is a pain in the proverbials because I wanted to report on the Uni bugs they haven't fixed.

Oh yes!!!! A middle age life span is a must!!! I hate the fact that it's not one of the life stages. Your sim goes from looking young to looking old in one transition....it's ridiculous  Angry

I have posted this 'want' on a few forums.....hopefully Maxis has taken notice of what myself and many others have been whining about for a while now  Smiley

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 16, 01:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaah... that question on coolness was absurd.  Another clear sign of Maxis' brain-damage.   Roll Eyes

Is it me, or am I the only person who actually wants the genie lamp to make a comeback?  I mean, if the genie NPCs were fully interactable ala the service workers, it'd be a riot!   Grin

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 16, 02:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes! Genie lamps! And the chemistry set, too. Only maybe expanded. Ooh, I'd buy OB if it came with a chemistry set. I'd even play Mortimer Goth then. I got him one in Sims1. Seemed appropriate.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 16, 02:29:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the voodoo doll. Cheesy That object was loads of fun. I can tell when my oldest daughter is playing TS1 in her room when she starts to laugh hysterically. She gets the biggest kick out of using it to torture other sims.

I just had a couple of evil thoughts for Mrs. Crumplebottom and the idea of a chemistry set for TS2. What if we could put one of the chemistry set's potions in the inventory, then when going downtown the sim would have the option to "slip into drink" for any simdrinking at the bar. Make her pass out on the floor or go completely goofy. Or get arrested for partaking of a "controlled substance". I'm so evil. Tongue
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 16, 07:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing I liked about unleashed apart from the fact that it fixed build mode bug, wasn't the pets, but the gardening.  In fact I liked all the things you could have your sims do to be self supporting without having to go to work.  There's no challenge in sending them to work and once you've got to the top of the career, what next - start over on another career - same old....  Sitting waiting for them to come home again is tedious too....

I thought Sims in business would be giving us some of these objects back like workbench, chemistry set, nectar press, veggie gardens, jam and honey making, spinning wheel etc so you could sell the things your sims made.  Maybe I got that wrong.  My fear about the business EP is that you'll get some really bad management stuff like that naff "negotiate the pay" option I remember from Theme park tycoon.  I imagine we're going to get more awful chance cards "your employee screws up, do you say never mind dear or kick his ass?" or "your customer is being unreasonable do you ... ".  (I always ignore chance cards now - too risky!)

thanks whoever for the link to the hacked computer - article writing sounds good and I've got the download now, but the hack does rather too much for me.  One thing at a time like JM hacks suits me better.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: