More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 04:36:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Three last questions, I swear this is it
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Three last questions, I swear this is it  (Read 20190 times)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Three last questions, I swear this is it
« on: 2007 September 18, 09:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. What's the current status of alien pregnancy and family trees? Will the Pollination Technechian appear in the family tree or not? This changes like every EP...

2. What's the quickest and easiest way to horribly mess up your game?

3. My one sim has had this appear over her head a few times, usually while sleeping. What does it mean? (please ignore the suit of armor on the sim and sucky couch)

Alright...bye  Huh
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: Three last questions, I swear this is it
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 18, 11:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. What's the current status of alien pregnancy and family trees? Will the Pollination Technechian appear in the family tree or not? This changes like every EP...

3. My one sim has had this appear over her head a few times, usually while sleeping. What does it mean? (please ignore the suit of armor on the sim and sucky couch)

1.  Dunno *Punts question to more awesome modders*

2.  Quickest and easiest?  Probably moving a whole bunch of occupied lots to the lot bin in one neighborhood and plunking them down in another.  Not sure if that's the most immediately and obviously destructive way, but it'll bugger your game up real good with next to no effort.  :p

3.  That's a bug dating back at least to Uni and a possible sign of impending FBVFOS, if I remember right.  Something about the objects.package being borked because the game tried to write to it, which is a Very Bad Idea.  The remote control car could cause it.  The solution was to replace objects.package with a clean copy, write-protect it so that the game could not commit such asshattery, and avoid the remote control car.

Later I seem to recall people having problems with other stuff in the game messing with objects.package (Mrs. Crumplebottom becoming a vampire was a big one, I believe) but I'm not sure whether the symptoms were the same and I think it was fixed in some patch or other.

What EP's do you have installed?  It'd suck if that bug was resurrected by some new Maxis stupidity in BV...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 18, 12:59:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(please ignore the suit of armor on the sim and sucky couch)

I'm sorry, I can't.

* Emma giggles

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 18, 16:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with Amberdiceless - downloading and installing occupied lots and putting into your hood, or transferring sims from one hood to another is an excellent way to almost effortlessly explode a neighbourhood.

As for the thought bubble with the ziggy lines, that implies that the above VBT may have already been done, or at the very least, that your armoured sleeper is remembering unknown or unlinked sims.  This can be a sign of impending DOOOOM!.  However, it may simply be garbage memories.  Try using the Lot Debugger to nuke anything that's broken and clear gossip and garbage from your sims.  This may help.

Tribulatio proxima est
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 18, 19:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1.  Dunno *Punts question to more awesome modders*

2.  Quickest and easiest?  Probably moving a whole bunch of occupied lots to the lot bin in one neighborhood and plunking them down in another.  Not sure if that's the most immediately and obviously destructive way, but it'll bugger your game up real good with next to no effort.  :p

3.  That's a bug dating back at least to Uni and a possible sign of impending FBVFOS, if I remember right.  Something about the objects.package being borked because the game tried to write to it, which is a Very Bad Idea.  The remote control car could cause it.  The solution was to replace objects.package with a clean copy, write-protect it so that the game could not commit such asshattery, and avoid the remote control car.

Later I seem to recall people having problems with other stuff in the game messing with objects.package (Mrs. Crumplebottom becoming a vampire was a big one, I believe) but I'm not sure whether the symptoms were the same and I think it was fixed in some patch or other.

What EP's do you have installed?  It'd suck if that bug was resurrected by some new Maxis stupidity in BV...

I have never used the remote control car (ALWAYS delete it) and Crumblebottom is fine.

I have every EP and every stuff pack installed and a minimum of hacks. (Like 2... Tongue)
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 18, 20:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I can't.

* Emma giggles

Angry Cry

I'm gonna download your sim (somehow...I'm not even sure if you have a sim)  and kill it now!  Sad Lips sealed
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 18, 22:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*V stubbornly believes that she can so move occupied lots from one hood to another using the package feature as long as the moved sims have no memories (brand new CAS sims plopped into a house and saved before playing) or have had their memories "modified" in SimPE prior to playing the used lot.

*V does, reluctantly, acknowledge that she rarely plays a hood for more than a generation or so before getting a brilliant new idea and creating a whole new hood to test the idea out in.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 18, 22:57:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*V stubbornly believes that she can so move occupied lots from one hood to another using the package feature as long as the moved sims have no memories (brand new CAS sims plopped into a house and saved before playing) or have had their memories "modified" in SimPE prior to playing the used lot.

If you're going to do that though, why not just make the Sims in the neighborhood you want them in to begin with, and move the house there before putting them in it?

* AmberDiceless has on rare occasions moved an occupied house, but does always go in to muck out the character files before playing.

I believe Clean Installer may actually let you move in a packaged family in a house but leave out the "dummy Sim" data that comes with it...not sure what else might get stuck in there that you don't want, though.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 19, 00:51:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, I can't.

* Emma giggles

Angry Cry

I'm gonna download your sim (somehow...I'm not even sure if you have a sim)  and kill it now!  Sad Lips sealed
The only accepted use of the Emma-sim is to use it to create Goopy spawn. Have you learned nothing?
*Zazazu has never moved an occupied house, because that would remove the need to build a new house, and not being able to build new lots for silly reasons makes her cry. Oh, and new 'hoods are lovely. New record for the lifetime of a Zaza 'hood = 5 months, Urban Paradise, now rotting in a corner.*

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 19, 03:15:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's what I found on this topic using search. RainbowTigress says in this post,

The squiggly lines mean that the subject of the memory couldn't be found.  The corrupt death memory showed these symptoms because sims would get a duplicate invisible memory of the death that had no subject, so the game would display the squiggly lines.  In other situations, the squiggly lines can usually be linked to corrupted memories, which for mysterious reasons do not have a proper subject.  The solution is to track down the memory and either replace it with a valid subject or just delete the offending memory.  The problem creeps in when your sim starts spreading the corrupted memory via gossip and chatting with friends, and they then get a copy of the corrupted memory...

And the Hack Descriptions thread,

No Corrupted Death Memory (v1b) for TS2 v1.0p1 to TS2NL v1.0p1

FIXES:
The formation of the corrupted death memory, as seen in gossip of the form
"jagged lines", "tombstone", "dead Sim", is now suppressed. Existing
corrupted death memory markers not affected, and will continue to spread
unless eliminated in SimPE. You can usually identify corrupted death markers,
because one will follow every directly-experienced death of visitor or family
member, and is flagged "invisible", with no event owner. It will spread to
other Sims in gossip, and all memories of this form (no event owner,
$Subject Died, Dead Sim), are corrupted "jagged line" memories. Delete these
whenever they show up in gossip, noting which sim possesses them, and which
sim received it. Find the corrupted memory in both Sims and expunge it from
anyone you can find.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 19, 03:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using testingcheats to add certain, normally unattainable, npcs to the family is a pretty quick way to screw something over. NPCs of this type include the social bunnies, Mrs. Crumplebottom, Grim, the repo man and many others.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 19, 03:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been seeing this corrupted thing pop up in chat bubbles since before BV now.  It's not just corrupted memories that cause it in my opinion since I have seen it when sims cannot get past certain things too.  I've also seen it in brand spanking new neighbourhoods less than an hour old.  It's puzzling to say the least.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 19, 07:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry Cry

Heh heh! Do your worst, just don't put me in a suit of armour! Grin

The only accepted use of the Emma-sim is to use it to create Goopy spawn. Have you learned nothing?

* Emma moons Zazazu

KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 19, 08:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I've narrowed down what caused that swiggly to one of these two things:

1. Six of her roomates had died within the past 25 days or so, leaving just her and that other gay guy
2. She has like 100 "ROACHES" memories cause there was a bad roach infestation upstairs that somehow resulted in 5 sims dying (including the knight*, she died twice) cause ghosts were scaring them to death as they stomped the roaches. Sad

*interestingly, the knight is actually very pretty under the suit, she's removed it now and she's very nice looking and is gonna marry one of those Monty sims  Kiss
« Last Edit: 2007 September 20, 02:34:55 by KnowitallSim » Logged
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 19, 10:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my extremely old neighborhood (I've had it since the base game but haven't played it consistently) I was seeing those random squiggly lines on a lot of my sims. Since no sims had died yet (they all had an unfortunate addiction to the elixir of life) it can't have been corrupted death memories. I cleared all gossip tokens using the lot debugger and also all memories and relationships to non-existent sims using SimPE (I had moved sims from another neighbouhood back before this was known to be a VBT) and I haven't seen the squiggly lines since. I think it was the gossip tokens that were causing the problem (although obviously not death gossip tokens in this case), you could try deleting them all with the lot debugger to see if this helps.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 20, 03:16:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, I had the borked memories on a Legacy lot where too many kids with too many feats of accomplishment (max skills, A+, new friends etc.) had left Great-Grandpa with 9 bazillion memories.

I cleared the gossip, A+, meh, all the stupid ones and all was good.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 20, 12:58:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread hijacking in progress: Any idea what causes blank thought bubbles? I noticed one on a townie as she was leaving a home business lot. This is a fairly new custom neighbourhood with which I've been very, VERY careful to avoid BFBVFS. I'm a bit concerned that impending disaster is nigh.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 20, 14:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread hijacking in progress: Any idea what causes blank thought bubbles? I noticed one on a townie as she was leaving a home business lot.

Well it's a townie - perhaps she's just naturally vacuous.  Most of mine are.

This is a fairly new custom neighbourhood with which I've been very, VERY careful to avoid BFBVFS. I'm a bit concerned that impending disaster is nigh.

I think if it happens once, it's probably just a glitch.  If it happens a lot, then there may be a problem.  If it's a new neighbourhood and the townie has few memories, skills, etc. chances are there's just not that much for her to think about.

I've only found one other thread mentioning this and that was due to a problem with a NL patch.  Part of the solution seemed to be to delete groups.cache and let it respawn.  Lot debugger might also help - I tend to nuke and fix everything and clear memories any time something weird happens in my game, as a first step.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 20, 16:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread hijacking in progress: Any idea what causes blank thought bubbles?

I've seen that happen after clearing out all the gossip memories, especially on ghosts.  They'll go away as the gossip (and other memories, as jolrei said) build up again.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 01, 07:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that explains it, then. I tend to delete all gossip with the lot debugger as soon as I notice sims gossiping, most notably after using 'Macro../Socialize../Friendly'.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 01, 07:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thread hijacking in progress: Any idea what causes blank thought bubbles?

I've seen that happen after clearing out all the gossip memories, especially on ghosts.  They'll go away as the gossip (and other memories, as jolrei said) build up again.

I also saw blank thought bubbles when I had a very neat sim become furious with the NPC-Penguin after mopping its piss puddle (even though I have nopuddlerage installed).
She would do the furious animation with a blank thought bubble surounded by flames above her head. In the same time she wanted to see NPC-Penguin ghost (that's how i found out who she was furious with) and the want displayed the star thing in the background ("power want") but no face only the small ghost.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 01, 09:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

more things to do to mess up your hood:
1. delete some sim descroption files in SimPE and don't clean up after them
2. go back and do a bad clean up in SimPE - delete their genetics file only (all recessive genetics should then be borked)
3. invite a sim over and move them in with the tombstone of L&D using the first option - ages will reset and not move
4. marry a llama mascot
5. download lots from the exchange with old versions of hacks in
6. download tons of cc, so the game grinds to a halt
7. install BV and let it phone home regularly so your game grinds to a halt or crashes
8. pick the sim who knows everyone, move his/her lot into the lot bin while occupied and put it back.
9. make a habit of saving lots while you have loads of visitors on site and your sims are in the middles of things
10. save while ghosts are out and about, then do something that causes a reset. - the tombstone for those ghosts should disappear
well I could go on.....

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 01, 14:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

more things to do to mess up your hood:
3. invite a sim over and move them in with the tombstone of L&D using the first option - ages will reset and not move

Interesting list of "do nots" - #3 is relatively easy to fix though by jump starting aging again with the InSim temporal adjuster (add a day or subtract a day from the affected sim's life and they start aging normally again).  Is there another way that this messes up the hood that is more invisible and serious?  I "found" this problem the normal way (trial and error, stress "error"), but after the fix it never caused problems that I could see.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 01, 15:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. marry a llama mascot
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think this was a VBT. The llama mascot just has that habit of reverting to old behavior like the cheerleader, cheering and, in his case, showing up on community lots in his mascot outfit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 01, 15:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4. marry a llama mascot
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think this was a VBT. The llama mascot just has that habit of reverting to old behavior like the cheerleader, cheering and, in his case, showing up on community lots in his mascot outfit.

Can we confirm?  Cos if this is true and it's not a VBT, I'm gonna get one of my simgirls to marry it.  I can always kill or re-townify the mascot when he gets too damn annoying.  Might be good for moar fight too.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: