More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 04:20:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rabbit Head Obsession
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rabbit Head Obsession  (Read 11653 times)
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Rabbit Head Obsession
« on: 2007 September 13, 20:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else noticing since installing Bon Voyage that toddlers are seriously obsessed with that damned rabbit head? As soon as they wake up they go straight for it, and when you make another sim try to interact with them the action drops out of cue. So in order to train my toddlers I have to cancel the toddler's play with rabbit action and quickly make the parent interact with the kid or else they damn things will play with the rabbit head until they pass out.

I'm not sure if this happens with any of the other toys, mainly because the rabbit head is the only one I ever really use in the game. I'm also not sure if this could be the fault of a mod, though I'm not sure which one it would be, as all the mods in my game were deemed clean by hackdiff.

So.. anyone else noticing this or is it just me?
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Rabbit Head Obsession
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 21:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope i haven't noticed it.  I usually play with free will off but i'm doing an idiots challenge and my idiots haven't done that.
BattyCoda
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 22:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the baby controller? My toddlers become seriously focused on the rabbit head
when under the influence of it; exact behavior you are describing.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 22:59:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even with other toys available, the toddlers seem obsessed with the stupid rabbit head (and I don't use the baby controller). This is most annoying. I want my nerd-spawn to have logic, not charisma!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 14, 01:20:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have the baby controller? My toddlers become seriously focused on the rabbit head
when under the influence of it; exact behavior you are describing.

That might be it, I stopped using it for awhile but now I'm using it again. Maybe I'll stop once more, cause thats just really annoying.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 14, 01:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't use the baby-controller, and also haven't installed BV yet, but I've noticed the same thing.  I just tell the toddler to go somewhere else (I don't like telling them to play with a toy as I then have to cancel the action so they can be bathed or fed etc.) and then move the thing out of reach.  However, a lot seems to depend on personality, I've noticed some toddlers just avoid the skilling toys and make straight for the toy-box!  I've even sent some of them toddling off into the main room where the skilling toys all are, and they get there, turn around and head straight back to the toybox....Other toddlers, even when they aren't suffering from loneliness, spend all their time either watching their parents sleep or trying to get their attention.

Zephyr Zodiac
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 14, 01:37:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With toddlers, I give them one toy, skill them as far as I want them to go with that, then swap toys. Rabbit head is definitely the last toy I skill with.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Quinctia
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 14, 01:59:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...if I remember right, the rabbit head is slightly more fun than at least one of the other skilling toys.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 14, 03:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's more that they tend to get obsessed with whatever they last touched, and the rabbit head advertises a little more. I've never seen toddlers pester the cat, but I had my new one hug the kitty to show my boyfriend the animations, and then she did it 3 more times before the poor thing escaped. She'd never even noticed the cat before, despite it hanging out in her room.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 14, 03:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else noticing since installing Bon Voyage that toddlers are seriously obsessed with that damned rabbit head? As soon as they wake up they go straight for it, and when you make another sim try to interact with them the action drops out of cue. So in order to train my toddlers I have to cancel the toddler's play with rabbit action and quickly make the parent interact with the kid or else they damn things will play with the rabbit head until they pass out.
I wasn't aware this was a post-BV thing. They SHOULD be using it, it builds skillz. Unless you have career rewards, there is no other way to gain charisma, since children cannot use the mirror later.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 14, 04:01:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely give toddlers any toys but the rabbit head. It lets them build charisma early, and it's a good way for them to make friends. It can be irritating to cancel them out of playing with it to interact with them in some other way, but I've done it so many times by now that I'm used to it.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 14, 07:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rotate the toys for my toddlers too. I hate the sound of the rabbit head, so it's always last, but it gets 2 days compared to the one day each of the other two toys.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 14, 09:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just let them have a choice, and mostly they go for the nearest, so if I want them to get a particular skill to fulfil a want, I just move them around.  I also will have one downstairs and two upstairs if they sleep upstairs and since most of my houses are fairly small, they just get put where there's room.  But once they can walk I've noticed that generally the toybox has more attractions for some of them.  And I'm not really bothered how much they learn as toddlers or kids - I don't like Uni to be too easy for them compared to CAS sims who have to start from scratch!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sivany
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 14, 11:17:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be happy if my toddlers developed an obsession with the rabbit head because it builds charisma and since I rarely use reward objects it's their only chance to build that skill before they become teens. Unfortunately my toddlers are obsessed with the logic toy to the point where a twin will often sit and whinge that their twin is playing with the logic toy when there's a choice of xylophone and rabbit head nearby.
Somerset
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 14, 14:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're lucky! Most of my filthy little stinkers head straight for the toilet!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 14, 15:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[They SHOULD be using it, it builds skillz. Unless you have career rewards, there is no other way to gain charisma, since children cannot use the mirror later.

I'm with Pescado on this and immediately focus my toddlers on building charisma skills.  I think they can build the skill faster at that stage than at any other.  I go for a minimum of six points and aim towards eight, plus at least four or five in creativity and logic.

My toddlers never leave their rooms. I maintain at least four bottles of SmartMilk in their inventories so they can wake up, pee, have a bottle, and get to work.  Skill, damnit!  Skill!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 14, 17:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup. My toddlers rarely get anything but the rabbit head. Charisma is boring to skill on (and a little creepy, talking to yourself at the mirror when there are others in the house). The rabbit head is also a safe toy for a shared bedroom...despite how loud it is to us, it doesn't wake up others from their sleep like the xylophone does.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 14, 19:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wasn't aware this was a post-BV thing. They SHOULD be using it, it builds skillz. Unless you have career rewards, there is no other way to gain charisma, since children cannot use the mirror later.

Thats why I only give them the rabbit head, because charisma is a crappy thing to make them learn later on in life. Only the obsession is so bad I actually had to delete the toys to teach them to walk/talk/potty and to feed them, put them to sleep and all that other crap. I'd cancel the action on the toddler and as soon as I did they cued it right up again and went back to playing with it.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 14, 21:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried it, but can kids talk to parrots?  That builds charisma, too (and make more sense than talking to a mirror).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 14, 23:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never tried it, but can kids talk to parrots?  That builds charisma, too (and make more sense than talking to a mirror).

Yes, the parrot must be taught to talk by an adult, but after it has learned a child can build charisma by talking to it.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 14, 23:06:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?
Though I give my toddlers whatever toy they want, my favourite is the xylophone (though I use a frying pan with a wooden spoon or the funky Parsimonious creative toy) because the more creative points they get as toddlers, the faster they'll be painting masterpieces...heh heh
(most of my sims are very playful so it works out)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 15, 03:38:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're lucky! Most of my filthy little stinkers head straight for the toilet!

you need the 'Toddler Play with Toilets Fix" hack by twojeffs
http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi1/forums/inteenimater/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=348

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 15, 10:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had rabbit head obsession pre-BV with the baby controller. They went for the rabbit head, and everytime the nanny got a bottle, she dropped it in the toddler's room and kept on doing stupid things, even with her lobotomy. I cancelled the toddler's actions when my sims wanted to teach it a life skill, BUT the toddler just slid right back to the rabbit head stomping it's own queue.

I only got that with the rabbit head. Other toys they didn't get their queue stomped because they're idiotic and wanted one toy.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 15, 16:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had rabbit head obsession pre-BV with the baby controller. They went for the rabbit head, and everytime the nanny got a bottle, she dropped it in the toddler's room and kept on doing stupid things, even with her lobotomy. I cancelled the toddler's actions when my sims wanted to teach it a life skill, BUT the toddler just slid right back to the rabbit head stomping it's own queue.

I only got that with the rabbit head. Other toys they didn't get their queue stomped because they're idiotic and wanted one toy.

So it seems to be a problem with the baby controller. I've stopped using it and I noticed that they aren't rabbit head obsessed anymore.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 16, 09:37:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a bug, it's a feature of the baby controller.  It makes sure toddlers do something useful with their time.  Once they have maxed charisma they'll move on to the logic toy.
If you want to interact with toddlers, set it to manual override, or use the emergency stop.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: