More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 22:57:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lost in transit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lost in transit  (Read 3540 times)
reavo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lost in transit
« on: 2007 September 12, 21:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got the dang thing today and already I want to smash it!  Roll Eyes   I took one of my favorites on a vacation to the beach, she sunbathed and had some lunch and then I had her walk to a community lot to do some sight-seeing (this was my mistake).  She never showed up at the other end.....so now the vacation meter is full, it's time to go home and she's nowhere to be found.  I apoligize if there's already a thread dealing with this but I couldn't find it.  Embarrassed   Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Lost in transit
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 12, 23:19:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem as well.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 12, 23:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TwoJeff's visitor controller hack causes this issue.  If it's in your downloads folder, remove it.  If you don't have said hack, see if you can locate the sim using Inge's shrub.
reavo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 00:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found something similar (disappearing sim) so I tried what was suggested in that thread (try d/l sim pe on a dial up!  Cry ) But every time I try to load a hood in the neighborhood browser I get nothing but errors.....same in every hood whether custom or original......I did make sure I have all the requirements to run it but still no luck.      I did have two files one visitor controller and one visitor controller-community lot I pulled them out of my game and am off to try again
reavo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 13, 00:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking B must stand for brilliant...  Grin  It's fixed...thank you so much
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 13, 00:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that's the old version of the Visitor Controller.  TJ has a new version in beta over at his new forum that works fine with BV.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 00:49:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I found something similar (disappearing sim) so I tried what was suggested in that thread (try d/l sim pe on a dial up!  Cry ) But every time I try to load a hood in the neighborhood browser I get nothing but errors
That's because the officially released copy of SimPE is only for expansions through Seasons. Usually you can open 'hoods with an earlier version and look at things, but those new sim types with BV cause it to "freak out". Basically, it doesn't recognize their code and refuses to play along.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 13, 07:25:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always found it just refused to do anything whenever there was a new EP.  When Seasons came out was the only time I've ever used Insim, just because there was stuff I wanted to edit.  Even though that hadn't been updated either at the time, it worked reasonably well, but it can only do a fraction of what's necessary when you want to edit stuff.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: