More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 20:12:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Random Limo Drive By
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Random Limo Drive By  (Read 12000 times)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Random Limo Drive By
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 12, 08:23:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen quite frequently. For me it stops if I exit the house and go back in.

In my case it was truly stuck.  I endured it for weeks because I had invested quite a lot of time to that lot and it contained generations of diplomas and date rewards.  I deleted the guitars, demolished the room they had been in, I think I even went over the whole area with stuck object removers; no luck.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Mens Mortuus
Blathering Buffoon

Reaper haz ur plumbbob

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 12, 12:15:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For me it's always the plumbing. Toilets flush permanently and sinks with tap turned on full. Very distracting. Exiting the lot works usually.

By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 12, 13:51:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does deleting groups.cache help?

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 13, 01:24:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It is possible for sounds to go buggy and get stuck.  On one lot I had the screetchy sound the base guitar makes as a sim stops playing it get stuck.  It was terribly annoying, and the only way I found to get rid of it was to move the family out.

In one house of mine it was the SSX3 sounds playing randomly. Never was able to get rid of it, but no one lives in that house anymore, so it's probably cleared out by now. I also had the "music stops playing on the stereo" thing, and eventually I ended up muting the music and just playing Winamp in the background, heh. Though I do miss some of the songs, I'll have to look into extracting them so I can put them in with the MP3s...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 13, 01:33:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had the "music stops playing on the stereo" thing, and eventually I ended up muting the music and just playing Winamp in the background, heh. Though I do miss some of the songs, I'll have to look into extracting them so I can put them in with the MP3s...

Didn't there used to be somewhere you could download the sims music, or was that just Sims1?

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 13, 10:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've found that when my stereo stops playing music, it's usually after I've been playing for a long time without saving. I think it has something to do with memory or RAM usage. When I remember to save frequently, this doesn't happen.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 13, 18:06:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're probably right, NVA, and the trouble is, even after you've saved, the bad behaviour of the stereos seems to have become repetitive.  But saving is something I tend to do when I finish playing a lot, as I only play a couple of days at a time, and I still get the problem.  But I've also had a funny thing where, after patching, the stereo seems to be playing (ie you can hear the music) but the stero is, in fact, turned off.  Getting a sim to turn it on and then off solves it, but it's yet another annoyance of post-patch resetting!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 14, 13:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But I've also had a funny thing where, after patching, the stereo seems to be playing (ie you can hear the music) but the stero is, in fact, turned off.  Getting a sim to turn it on and then off solves it, but it's yet another annoyance of post-patch resetting!

I never have the problem of the stereo sound continuing after turning off the stereo, but any outdoor speakers continue to show the little notes floating, even when the stereo is off.  Have never been able to get them to stop.  This appears to enable dancing interactions without the stereo on (or can sims dance without music anyway?).

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 14, 14:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I'm aware, the only dancing that does not require music is (a) dance on toes and (b) slow dance.

I've never had a problem with the speakers that you mention, but I never use speakers in conjunction with a stereo (at least, not since the base game).  Since speakers can function without the existence of a stereo, you appear to me to have the problem of sound ceasing on stereos which are on, only you get it applied to speakers instead.  Since speakers cannot be turned off/on, I don't know of a way to get rid of the musical notes.....

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: