More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 11:57:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My facial hair is gone!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My facial hair is gone!  (Read 8330 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
My facial hair is gone!
« on: 2007 September 08, 23:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all of it, but since installing BV some of the beards have disappeared from the CAS facial hair bin, namely the longer beard (Pescado's beard! Nooo!) and a couple of others. Is this happening to anyone else? I hardly use them, but that isn't the point. I'm hoping something has overwritten them but I doubt it as I haven't got any custom facial hairs installed. Huh

Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: My facial hair is gone!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 09, 00:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Pes beard has been iffy since Pets.  I'm a little surprised it hasn't been fixed here, but at least there's a sort-of workaround.  Some beards show up in certain color bins but not others, so change the hair color pre-bearding and then change it back after selecting what you want.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 09, 02:44:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone did do a fix and posted it here in a thread about that beard.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 09, 06:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Sleepycat, I'll have a look then Smiley

The Pes beard has been iffy since Pets.  I'm a little surprised it hasn't been fixed here, but at least there's a sort-of workaround.  Some beards show up in certain color bins but not others, so change the hair color pre-bearding and then change it back after selecting what you want.

Not in any colour bins-it's disappeared I tell ya!

[eta] It is there in debug mode so it isn't completely gone. At least it isn't being overwritten by something Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 08:00:03 by Emma » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 09, 09:22:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never used the Pets Updater, so I'm maybe totally wrong here, but would custom beards etc. show up in it?  If so, maybe updating them for Pets would solve the problem.  If the updater won't work on beards, then maybe there is some coding in SimPe which needs to be changed - when the update comes out - although you could redirect SimPE to another copy of the beard if you have one, and make the change for Seasons (again, if there is some specific coding which needs to be altered).

Zephyr Zodiac
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 09, 13:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

SQK, is having issues with her bathroom stall recolors not showing up and the recolors that come with BV aren't showing up either, with a bit of investigating she found that CEP was the culprit.  Emma, would CEP be an issue is this case?

Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 09, 13:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing BV, all my facial hair is gone except what came with BV. I have no options for any makeuip at all, and the only costume makeup available is what came with BV.  Angry  All non-BV glasses have disappeared too.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 09, 13:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting CASthumbnails.package and letting the game generate a new one?

Zephyr Zodiac
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 09, 13:59:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell, I uninstalled BV and then reinstalled it with the same result. I have no hacks or other custom content in the game for testing purposes. I took some screenshots of the problem.....http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k52/TinaG13/Sim%20Troubles/ 

I even braved the BBS and made a thread over there because Sam's bug thread was closed before I could post in it.

My Complaint Thread
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 14:13:25 by Tina G » Logged
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 09, 14:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I must say it's a bit thick to close the bug thread so soon, the game was only released over here on Friday!

Zephyr Zodiac
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 09, 14:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, he said it was because it had over three hundred replies and was getting too long. Guess his eyes got tired while reading. I know mine did! lol I read the whole damn thing and didn't see not on other complaint about my exact problem. Only problems with the new jewelery options, etc. 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 14:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, obviously not all problems show up when you first start to play, so the right thing to do would have been to make a list of already reported problems and then opened a new thread for problems not already reported!  That way, they would have enough info to make a patch that didn't then have to be repatched later!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 20:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When have EAxis ever done the right or logical thing?  Roll Eyes
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 21:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, but basically making the majority of their customers (ie all those who don't live in the US or Canada and therefore get their EPs later) into second class customers is not good business practice!  Every customer/player should have an equal access to problem reporting, and to close the thread before many have even had time to install the game lacks sensitivity.

It will no doubt get even worse with Sims3 - they'll probably close the thread 1 hour after the end of Release Day USA!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 21:21:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if that bug thread is the same one I started reading, I don't blame them for closing it...most of the 'bugs' being reported were caused by hacks they didn't bother to remove and they even admitted they didn't remove them Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 09, 21:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that's different and I apologise to EA if that's the case.  Since I haven't installed yet, I haven't personally tried to report anything not working correctly, but I've read so many threads by others having problems that I'm waiting - probably until they bring out the first patch.....

Which leads me to think they need to recruit a band of post-release testers from among their more long-term players (which they must know from registration records etc. - at least a fair few) and have a thread for them to report to which is not open to anyone else.  How else are they to find out all the things that are going wrong?

Zephyr Zodiac
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 09, 23:23:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I managed to overcome my missing content problem. BV must have farted during installation or something and wiped out all the change appearance content all the way back to the base game.  After reinstalling the whole kit and kaboodle, my stuff is back.  Roll Eyes
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 10, 04:00:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How else are they to find out all the things that are going wrong?

They could try actually testing things properly before releasing them.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 10, 08:33:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if that bug thread is the same one I started reading, I don't blame them for closing it...most of the 'bugs' being reported were caused by hacks they didn't bother to remove and they even admitted they didn't remove them Roll Eyes

Jase, over on that site even links to someone's blog. Candythick I think she's called, she boasted about keeping insim and loading BV - and then went nuts at EAxis for all the bugs and glitches BV had. D'u-u-uh!

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 10, 11:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems she's well-named!

As to reinstalling, I don't think I've ever had a new EP that didn't have to be reinstalled because the first install was totally borked!  I think the discs are just a little bit too shiny and new!

Zephyr Zodiac
Aeval
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 12, 02:35:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else missing recolours of Maxis items?  And if so, how did you fix it? 

All of my recolours of Maxis art have disappeared.  Anything with a custom mesh still shows up in the catalogue, along with it's recolours.   I initially thought I had accidentally deleted the Maxis recolours, but they are still hanging on the walls in pre-BV houses and I can reproduce them with the tear-dropper tool.  Obviously, the files are still in my Downloads folder, they just aren't showing up in buy mode.  Also, my recolours of the trash compactors have all disappeared.  Not the fridges, stoves or dishwashers...just the compactors. Very, very strange.  Huh

EDIT: Oh duh!  I'm an idiot.  I must have deleted CEP when I was pruning my downloads.  Thank you, jsalemi.

« Last Edit: 2007 September 12, 04:09:15 by Aeval » Logged
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 12, 03:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you remove CEP from your game?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 12, 05:15:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

CEP has been borkinated by BV - Numenor is working on an updated version, so right now the choice is either cc or shiny new maxis recolours. Your choice.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: