More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 08:52:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  New BV Turn ons/offs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New BV Turn ons/offs  (Read 14067 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
New BV Turn ons/offs
« on: 2007 September 08, 21:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who want to add them to their randomizer (or whatever other list you use to determine a sim's TO/O):

Jewelry
Hard Worker
Unemployed
Logical
Charismatic
Great Cook
Mechanical
Creative
Athletic
Good at Cleaning
Zombiism
Robots
Plantsimism
Lycanthropy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: New BV Turn ons/offs
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 08, 22:25:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like that they've added some realistic ones, as some sims (like Fortune and Family) can now  get turned on by someone who is a good provider, or turned off by a lazy good-for-nothing!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 08, 22:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I agree -- I like the new ones, too.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 08, 22:37:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And both sloppy and ultra-neat sims must be turned on by sims who are good at cleaning - although for different reasons!  I haven't installed yet, so tell me, do they get extra turn-on/off slots, too?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 08, 22:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't installed yet, so tell me, do they get extra turn-on/off slots, too?

Not that I've seen, but I've only looked in CAS so far.  Still the same 2/1 slots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 08, 22:46:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity, I always thought two was a bit limiting in some ways, and also gave sims a bit too much scope in finding a dozen or so one or two LB sims to play away with (ok for Romance, I suppose, but otherwise, well, I mean a lot of RL partners stray once or twice, but every day?  Except those who should never have married in the first place.....)

Or maybe they can increase those slots when they've woohoo'd with a new partner in a few holiday spots? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 08, 23:08:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the new turn ons a lot! There is also one unexpected feature included with all of these new turn ons. You know how we always complain about how easy the game is? Well, not so much in the romance department. Finding a 3 bolter looks like a difficult task. Out of my two test families the four teen and older sims had at most one sim with a single bolt. Two of the adults didn't meet anyone that they had a bolt for at all. No one got two or more bolts for another sim. And I was making them talk to every person on every lot to test this. Finding your true love shouldn't be easy, and it won't be anymore. The poor romance sims are going to have a hell of a time, though. Although this applies to negative bolts, too. The highest number of anti-bolts (I don't know what else to call them) that any of my test sims got for another sim was 1.

I have only tested this with four sims over less than a sim week so far so please don't take this as fact. Do your own testing if you'd like. I will continue mine and let anyone know of updates. Also, the turn on/offs themselves should make a difference in this, and apparently the location. I have heard that each vacation area has some defining characteristics, for example high creativity in the locals in the far east vacation subhood. I don't know if this has been confirmed yet.

Any thoughts?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 08, 23:19:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're better off without the bolts. Attraction just makes sims act really stupid.  Tongue

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 08, 23:27:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're better off without the bolts. Attraction just makes sims act really stupid.  Tongue

Doesn't ACR use the bolt system?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 08, 23:29:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR does use the bolts, but it also uses personalities and other stuff.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 08, 23:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why it should mean Romance Sims are any harder. They would be the type most likely to be attracted on purely physical things, instead of whether or not a Sim is a good provider.  Wink So let the Romance Sims go after the thin blondes and they will still have just an easy job of finding 2 and 3 bolters!

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 00:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the bolts to at least serve some purpose, but it's good to know that ACR will take everything else into account. I must say, I am not concerned about the change in the bolts. I am happy that my sims don't have 8 sims who they have 3 bolts for. Because as you said, they can get annoying. Especially when you want to keep them from 7 of those 8 three bolt sims.  Smiley

I don't know why it should mean Romance Sims are any harder. They would be the type most likely to be attracted on purely physical things, instead of whether or not a Sim is a good provider.  Wink So let the Romance Sims go after the thin blondes and they will still have just an easy job of finding 2 and 3 bolters!

That's a great idea!  Thanks Kat!

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 00:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the attraction system DOES take into account personality already, IIRC. Turn ons and turn offs were a minor part of the overall attraction system

INFP or something
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 09, 00:28:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recall reading in the guide that the turn ons/offs matter more now, or atleast got the impression they tweaked them...

ahh here it is, from the guide

Sims are attracted to one another for myriad reasons, but each Sims's personal Turn ons and Turn Offs play a very significant role. In fact, maximum attraction is impossible without at least one Turn On.

not sure if it really is any different but frankly I'll be glad if all my sims aren't attracted to 3/4 of the sims in the hood *laughs* 

- yes personality does count already with bolts
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 09, 00:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except that ironically in a vanilla game, a romance sim is better off with the hard worker or one of the skill turn ons.  Due to the bilateral nature of bolts and the ease of building sim stats, that's free attraction with everyone.  Meanwhile, hair color (especially custom or recessive) will not be shared by a majority of the population.

Family sims, meanwhile, are best saddled with very specific turn ons if you expect them to be faithful.  Stick them with an easy-build one and they'll revert to their standard state where producing babies is less important than who they're producing the babies with.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 09, 02:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are really not inherently unfaithful, since by default, sims do not autonomously flirt with anyone else. However, also by default, sims always accept flirts FROM anyone else, regardless of bolts or any other factors, so it's impossible for them to STAY faithful if attacked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 09, 03:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still no eye color turn-ons and offs, huh?  Well, drat.  I can understand why they'd avoid using skin color, but if they did it with hair, why not eyes?  :/

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 09, 06:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because eye colour can't be changed through the change appearance option. Hair and other stuff can but not eyes unless they wear contacts. That would be flagged as facepaint though.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 09, 08:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think that's why they chose "good at cleaning" rather than "neat" - a sim can be good at cleaning even though they pull a face every time they have to do it!

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 09, 17:07:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait until the randomizer gives you a fat Romance sim with a thing for mechanical zombies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 09, 17:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because eye colour can't be changed through the change appearance option. Hair and other stuff can but not eyes unless they wear contacts. That would be flagged as facepaint though.

I don't quite get why that would make any difference...

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 09, 17:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a lot more going on with the randomizer than we know about....I have one Popularity sim who has two bolts for four or five sims.  His turn-ons are perfume and facepaint (all my sims have Hairfish's teeth) but three of sims he has two bolts for are a follows:

Pamela Painter: Popularity/ brown hair /make-up / dark skin / Virgo
Janice Brown: Romance/ black hair/make-up/fit /medium dark skin/ active Leo
Georgina Green: Fortune/ black hair/make-up/ dark skin / Gemini or Aries I thi

The other two, names escape me, one is also dark skinned with black hair, the other has red hair and light skin, is a fairly normally lazy Leo and is another romance sim.  

Jake himself is Aries, very active, not terribly neat, and is userno.0000 - so he's the telescope basher!  Not one of the above-mentioned female sims has turn-ons that match him - he has black hair, face-paint, glasses (necklace) and is fit.  

I just don't believe the turn-ons are always the ones you see, I think there are hidden ones too..........

Zephyr Zodiac
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 09, 19:42:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So now that we have these new turn ons/off, will it be possible to create custom ones too?  I can't help but want an alien turn on/off to go with the rest of the supernatural ones they've added.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 09, 20:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I wondered why they didn't do that one too -- I can't imagine it wouldn't have been possible for them to key it to the green skintone.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 09, 21:10:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I wondered why they didn't do that one too -- I can't imagine it wouldn't have been possible for them to key it to the green skintone.

I suspect they're staying as far away from skintone turn-ons and turn-offs of any kind as they can conceivably get, for reasons of political correctness.  However, they might be able to key it off the alien eyes or the face template instead.  Or off of descendancy from the Pollination Technician...

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: