More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 04:40:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?  (Read 131729 times)
flameflash
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: BV: Anybody Updating These Abandoned Mods?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 10, 16:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finished testing the servo/preg wear anything... It does have to be left out for now, too many sim resets occur otherwise.
Ryslin
Dimwitted Dunce

I/E NF P/J- Yah , what about it?

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 10, 16:50:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat , well I will hold on to allinone as long as it causes no further issues. The hotel food sucks anyway. Best to use boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false , that at the least gives me the buy menu. Plop down a grill and I am set for food needs. Though to be honest, with macrotastics, one can caffinate up and get off the hotel lot much easier than it is to meander to your room and eat (even eating hotdogs).

I have not cleaned out my hack folder, cept for those mentioned to cause serious crashes. I even have obj Insim going. I only use it to change turn on/offs.

-is bummed over the semi breakage of allinone-

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 10, 19:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: notveryawesome
1) The community time project is by Dizzy, not Crammyboy. Check Peasantry for updates.

Not the one that I use .. that's clearly Crammyboy. Has dizzy done something similar? Link?

No, I was just having a 'duh' moment. I've corrected my incorrect post (and poked fun at myself, as well). *has red face*

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 10, 20:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's 'Eat More Talk Less' is definitely broken, unless you want your sims to sit in silence while eating Cheesy I was playing in a new dorm and one of my sims was sitting eating when he was joined by a dormie. They both finished their meals in complete silence and I noticed the social bar wasn't moving at all. Checked in the memories and he didn't even 'meet' him. I really hope someone updates this, as without it meals take forever!

ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 10, 21:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Drat , well I will hold on to allinone as long as it causes no further issues. The hotel food sucks anyway. Best to use boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false , that at the least gives me the buy menu. Plop down a grill and I am set for food needs. Though to be honest, with macrotastics, one can caffinate up and get off the hotel lot much easier than it is to meander to your room and eat (even eating hotdogs).

I have not cleaned out my hack folder, cept for those mentioned to cause serious crashes. I even have obj Insim going. I only use it to change turn on/offs.

-is bummed over the semi breakage of allinone-

I'm hoping someone finds a way to fix that.  BTW what causes a breakage? conflicting bhav instance ids?
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 11, 08:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose anybody's updating Christianlov's Boutique clothes rack to show the new tourists/locals? It already finds at least some of the new NPC's in the NPC menu (I saw three ninjas at least) but there's no menu for tourists (obviously). I love that hack... so convenient for finding a particular sim since their pic is right there... no trying to remember the eight gazillion names of the characters that need makeovers.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 11, 08:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's 'Eat More Talk Less' is definitely broken, unless you want your sims to sit in silence while eating Cheesy I was playing in a new dorm and one of my sims was sitting eating when he was joined by a dormie. They both finished their meals in complete silence and I noticed the social bar wasn't moving at all. Checked in the memories and he didn't even 'meet' him. I really hope someone updates this, as without it meals take forever!
This hack is incompatible with "noeatcrap". You cannot use both of them, so if you're using noeatcrap (which already includes this functionality), you don't need Crammy's edition of it. And why would you WANT to unnecessarily meet some random dormie to add rel/mem clog anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Corylea
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 11, 10:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't suppose anybody's updating Christianlov's Boutique clothes rack to show the new tourists/locals?

I found the locals under "sims."  I really hate it that the locals at Takemizu Village don't look at all Asian and many of the locals at the Island don't look Polynesian, so I've been using Christianlov's clothes rack to fix 'em.  I can't change their eye color, but I can at least eliminate all of the blonde and redheaded Asians and Polynesians.  I'm not sure what Maxis was thinking of to make Asians that looked Scandinavian in the first place.  Make new plants, objects, and wallpaper for local color, but make the people look American?  What drugs are they on?

Anyway, ranting aside, the locals can be found under "sims.

Middle-aged professional woman still plays computer games.    Film at 11.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 11, 14:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack is incompatible with "noeatcrap". You cannot use both of them, so if you're using noeatcrap (which already includes this functionality), you don't need Crammy's edition of it. And why would you WANT to unnecessarily meet some random dormie to add rel/mem clog anyway?

Oh. I've always had both installed with no problems Cheesy I like my sims getting friendly with dormies, they are good romance fodder.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 11, 16:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finished testing the servo/preg wear anything... It does have to be left out for now, too many sim resets occur otherwise.
Who is resetting and what EP version are you using? As I stated, I haven't tested with Servos as I don't have many...and the only one playing human is in a 'hood that, if I glance at, I'll be lost in for a week. For prego-wear, I've had two pregnancies and no issues that weren't already a part of the Season's version....reset to maternity or default pj's on belly pop, and reset to default wear when a walk-by or non-playable on community lots.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
t r a c y
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 11, 22:26:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's my short list of abandoned hacks i hope to see updated for BV:

alwayswearcasualtowork
FirstKissEnabled
SitFloorToWatchTV (i think i saw somewhere that this doesn't conflict with bv)
PregnancyWearAnyOutfit
woohoonaked

Christianlov_SimBoutique_ClothingRack (it's worked with each ep, just doesn't have the new clothing options, ie "outdoors")

jaxad0127_NoNPCRevert  (has worked up to seasons, so maybe bv too, but wtf do i know? nuthin'!)
jaxad0127_NoNudeReact_WithStreaking

if you can't be a good example you'll just have to be a horrible warning
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 12, 00:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

here's my short list of abandoned hacks i hope to see updated for BV:

alwayswearcasualtowork
FirstKissEnabled
PregnancyWearAnyOutfit
woohoonaked

Christianlov_SimBoutique_ClothingRack (it's worked with each ep, just doesn't have the new clothing options, ie "outdoors")

jaxad0127_NoNPCRevert  (has worked up to seasons, so maybe bv too, but wtf do i know? nuthin'!)
jaxad0127_NoNudeReact_WithStreaking

I noticed the jaxad no nude react doesn't work with Seasons.  They still shreak, especially funny in a dorm when you can hear them yell from across the lot.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 12, 00:46:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen it reported clean for BV; I use it, and it still works fine, even on hotel lots.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
LoveStainedHeart
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 12, 01:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FirstKissEnabled

Pretty sure this came up clean in hackdiff for me. I've got it in my game and I haven't noticed any problems with it.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 12, 05:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the all-in-one not working with room service, it's worse than not working, it actually breaks it.  I was trying to find the culpret, and all-in-one was my first choice to remove,and it didn't fix it-- I then removed every hack one by one till the last hack standing didn't make any sence that it was the bad one--so I ran it CC free and it still didn't work.  I had to go to another unplayed neighborhood to confirm that all-in-one was the hack that I was looking for.  That is pretty risking to allow a function to be broken--especially if you put a lot of time into your neighborhood .  Who knows what else it might be doing.
KLGFCG
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 12, 06:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the locals under "sims."  I really hate it that the locals at Takemizu Village don't look at all Asian and many of the locals at the Island don't look Polynesian, so I've been using Christianlov's clothes rack to fix 'em.  I can't change their eye color, but I can at least eliminate all of the blonde and redheaded Asians and Polynesians.  I'm not sure what Maxis was thinking of to make Asians that looked Scandinavian in the first place.  Make new plants, objects, and wallpaper for local color, but make the people look American?  What drugs are they on?

Anyway, ranting aside, the locals can be found under "sims.

Well, that's good at least. Thanks for the heads up, I'd have never found them there... I almost never use that hack for playables.

ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 12, 08:29:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for the all-in-one not working with room service, it's worse than not working, it actually breaks it.  I was trying to find the culpret, and all-in-one was my first choice to remove,and it didn't fix it-- I then removed every hack one by one till the last hack standing didn't make any sence that it was the bad one--so I ran it CC free and it still didn't work.  I had to go to another unplayed neighborhood to confirm that all-in-one was the hack that I was looking for.  That is pretty risking to allow a function to be broken--especially if you put a lot of time into your neighborhood .  Who knows what else it might be doing.

Ugh that sucks... don't want to deal with useless maids.  Hopefully someone will fix it or create something like it.  btw, how good is that DMA package?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 12, 08:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

btw, how good is that DMA package?

From what I've seen, they're as useless as employees without BRY, if not worse. I really like the DMA sets, but the service NPCs just didn't do their job or only frequently. Okay, maybe they got improved with Seasons - I had the pre-Seasons version and was so dissatisfied that I never tried them again.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 12, 09:15:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm... are there any other useful useable options then?  I tried the "move a bulter in and make him unselectable" but it was rather pathetic.

Also would hackdiff show what is causing these problems?
« Last Edit: 2007 September 12, 09:31:46 by ScoobyDoo » Logged
Nadira
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 12, 12:32:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone be so nice and check on "youngadultshoppers" by Squinge (I have not found it on the list)?
I have a feeling it might be broken!
I also would be thankful for a description of this hack, since I seem to have lost mine. I cannot remember what the hack was supposed to do besides enabling the young adult shoppers - which I had supressed, so it must have been something else I was keeping this hack for, but stupid me  simply cannot remember  Undecided...

* youngadultshoppers.package (1.19 KB - downloaded 225 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 September 12, 12:38:11 by Nadira » Logged
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 12, 13:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could anyone be so nice and check on "youngadultshoppers" by Squinge (I have not found it on the list)?
I have a feeling it might be broken!
I also would be thankful for a description of this hack, since I seem to have lost mine. I cannot remember what the hack was supposed to do besides enabling the young adult shoppers - which I had supressed, so it must have been something else I was keeping this hack for, but stupid me  simply cannot remember  Undecided...

youngadultshoppers.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F028F29 0x101A Non-Family Array - Fill with Eligible Sims

Might be ok though, test it with no other hacks installed.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 12, 15:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

youngadultshoppers.package: may require possible updates:
    B 0x7F028F29 0x101A Non-Family Array - Fill with Eligible Sims

Might be ok though, test it with no other hacks installed.

FYI.  It is probably a bad idea to use hacks that report as requiring an update, but appear to still work without any object errors.  The reason is... something might have changed drastically, but might still work if the older version still has valid code.  Valid, meaning that, all the lines in the BHAV can still work in the game and/or doesn't interact with any new stuff.

However, even though it appears like the hack might be ok, because you don't get any object errors, this can be misleading.  There could be code changes that is supposed to handle new stuff that was added, but now will be totally ignored because you are essentially running older versioned code.  Even something as 'simple' as a change in a TTAB/TTAs (Pie Menu and/or Pie Menu Strings) can cause problems.  For example, new options might have been added, but since you are running older code, those options won't show up.  So, unless you have a modder that actually verifies that whatever changes occurred do not actually matter, I would recommend that you not use older hacks that reported to require updating by the paladintool.

Ste

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 12, 16:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Pescado's customer selector has an option to allow YAs, so you don't necessarily need Squinge's mod. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong about this.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 12, 17:31:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you're right -- the customer selector gives control over a whole bunch of sim states, including age.  However, it only works on owned lots. I don't know if Squinge's was for only owned lots, or if it let YAs visit any comm lot in the main hoods.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 12, 18:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI.  It is probably a bad idea to use hacks that report as requiring an update, but appear to still work without any object errors.  The reason is... something might have changed drastically, but might still work if the older version still has valid code.  Valid, meaning that, all the lines in the BHAV can still work in the game and/or doesn't interact with any new stuff.

However, even though it appears like the hack might be ok, because you don't get any object errors, this can be misleading.  There could be code changes that is supposed to handle new stuff that was added, but now will be totally ignored because you are essentially running older versioned code.  Even something as 'simple' as a change in a TTAB/TTAs (Pie Menu and/or Pie Menu Strings) can cause problems.  For example, new options might have been added, but since you are running older code, those options won't show up.  So, unless you have a modder that actually verifies that whatever changes occurred do not actually matter, I would recommend that you not use older hacks that reported to require updating by the paladintool.

Ste

Ok Ste Wink I will not use any hacks like that then. Only clean updated stuff in going in my game from now on!

*Emma reluctantly takes out the Squinge pregnancy outfit hack and cries Cry

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: