More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:26:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction  (Read 221760 times)
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage dissatisfaction
« Reply #425 on: 2007 October 17, 01:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IIRC, it was TJ's visitor controller that was the number one culprit of that (walk to lot) problem. He's since updated it.

thanks.  i was trying to figure out which behavior mod could possibly be causing the conflict, and i forgot i had a visitor transporter installed. 
i ran sw's conflict detector but it didn't come up with anything.

*off to get the new hack*

i just installed the ep today so i'm still fixing up the borks. Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 2007 October 17, 08:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2007 October 18, 00:35:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Once again, I place the blame squarely on tight pants.

But I like tight pants.

On men, anyway.

Tongue
« Last Edit: 2007 October 18, 16:01:03 by Spicey » Logged
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2007 October 18, 15:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read through the ENTIRE thread, which was quite a task.

And I was wondering if most of everyone's dissatisfaction was taken care of by some of Pescado's fixes.

I know the too many character files is taken care of. And I think I saw a fix for banning the locals getting their greetings contaminated by stupid tourists trying to teach geishas to chest pound.

Also, I had this thought about how long the fire dance takes to learn in comparsion to the other local dances:

The reason it probably takes longer to learn the fire dance could be the fact that Tiki island has no Autumn? Mayhaps the reason you seem to learn the slap dance and tai chi faster is that you're there in a season that gives a boost to learning these things.

Also, can you take thinking caps on vacation and speed up the learning process that way?

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2007 October 18, 15:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thinking caps only appear to affect core skills learning.  I've never seen them make a difference when learning the 'hidden skills'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2007 October 18, 15:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I had this thought about how long the fire dance takes to learn in comparsion to the other local dances:
The reason it probably takes longer to learn the fire dance could be the fact that Tiki island has no Autumn? Mayhaps the reason you seem to learn the slap dance and tai chi faster is that you're there in a season that gives a boost to learning these things.

Nah.  I don't have Seasons, and all my sims live in perpetual blissful weather, and the fire dance just takes a long time to learn.  I think EAxis felt that this would reflect a steeper learning curve.  By comparison, the slap dance takes less time to learn than the pounding chest gesture.

A lot of the earlier dissatisfaction was fixed by Awesome hacks, especially the interaction related stuff.  Some glitches are just "part of the fun" so to speak.  Lag is inconsistent and seems to have a number of possible causes (secuROM issues, computer specs, graphics card issues, unknown, etc.).

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2007 October 18, 16:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It makes sense that it would take longer, I was wondering if the Seasons bonuses were affecting some people's view of it.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2007 October 18, 16:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot of the earlier dissatisfaction was fixed by Awesome hacks, especially the interaction related stuff.  Some glitches are just "part of the fun" so to speak.  Lag is inconsistent and seems to have a number of possible causes (secuROM issues, computer specs, graphics card issues, unknown, etc.).

For glitches are just "part of the fun" so to speak.

I would prefer a fix for seating on a Toilet overridden for pee in your Pants after struck by lightnig. I hate EAxis Peeobsession period.
And the only side of my sims Books flipping retour visible is not funny eighter. (an very old bug recreated)
Not to mention the Bellhop not able to enter the check in table (boot) whatever its called after serving a meal. Because of stupid Vacation townie behavior.
The very first impression i got from BV was a westwallshadow visible attached on the new campingchair. Because somone at EA dont know how to proper name the damn shadows. Same for the hoteldresser. But i found it later.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2007 October 19, 21:07:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i yanked out all my hacks last night, including "antiwatchout"  which i hadn't remembered was in there because it doesn't work, then reloaded the game.  everything worked perfectly.

then i put a few back in that shouldn't have affected the wants slots or the walking function, and simmies can still walk to other lots, but the want slots are borkened again.   not sure which behaviors are affected, although the lotdebugger fixes them temporarily. 
slogging on...   Undecided
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2007 October 19, 21:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has there been a fix for booking honeymoons?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2007 October 19, 21:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I want to know is if anyone will be able to enable the misc. jewelry slot for teens. I was all giddy about the new jewelry options only to find that my rebellious teens will not be able to pierce their faces. I don't see the point in re-categorizing most of my jewelry because a good deal of it can be used on teens. Or am I completely missing something? If i try to use the wardrobe wrangler to mark it for teens-adults or elders and the misc jewelry option, will that enable the misc jewelry option for teens in game? Some how I doubt it, but I couldn't be sure, the last time I attempted this my game crashed and I had to replace the files I'd changed.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: 2007 October 20, 02:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my elder Sims are going to file complaints against EAxis with the AARP for age discrimination!   Roll Eyes

I had sent a wealthy, semi-retired couple to Takemizu Village for a few days.  When they went shopping in preparation for the tea ceremony, low and behold, no kimonos are available for the oldsters!  Not only do kimonos authenticate the ceremony and make for great photo ops, but they are perfect camouflage for those sagging bellies and boobies.

Come to think of it, none of the vacation clothing is available to elders.  Discrimination!!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2007 October 20, 02:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed that, but yea, that's really lame.  Especially since in RL (and in my game), it's the retired elders who usually do most of the traveling.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2007 October 20, 02:48:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you can get some kimonos at MTS2 for elders but I am unsure about whether they need the last happy holiday pack or not. I have these so I had not noticed the game didn't come with them but you shouldn't have to resort to custom to finish off what EA left out.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2007 October 20, 03:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my elder Sims are going to file complaints against EAxis with the AARP for age discrimination!   Roll Eyes

I had sent a wealthy, semi-retired couple to Takemizu Village for a few days.  When they went shopping in preparation for the tea ceremony, low and behold, no kimonos are available for the oldsters!  Not only do kimonos authenticate the ceremony and make for great photo ops, but they are perfect camouflage for those sagging bellies and boobies.

Come to think of it, none of the vacation clothing is available to elders.  Discrimination!!

All About Style did some nice elder clothing for BV: http://www.all-about-style.com/senior_feca7.html and http://www.all-about-style.com/senior_maca3.html.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: 2007 October 20, 03:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've got a mod that makes all the adult clothes available to all adults, eg. young, elder and "regular" ones, but being me i haven't checked it out since i installed bv.  i'm pretty sure i got it at mts2... Tongue
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2007 October 20, 08:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i've got a mod that makes all the adult clothes available to all adults, eg. young, elder and "regular" ones, but being me i haven't checked it out since i installed bv.  i'm pretty sure i got it at mts2... Tongue

Sounds like Motoki's Clothing equality mod here. I'm not sure if it has to be updated for BV for the kimonos to show up for elders, though.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: 2007 October 20, 08:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonlitmaiden has recategorised some adult clothing for elders, including the kimonos and mountainwear.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: 2007 October 21, 00:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonlitmaiden's stuff aren't hacks for the games files, they are "recolors" make available to the elders.  I'd prefer something like Motoki's work.

trevanac
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2007 October 21, 18:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed Bon Voyage last week and downloaded the No Cd. I never ran the game without using it. At first everything was great, but perhaps after two days of playing it I got bombarded with a bunch of lag a choppy play. I can't even use the fast modes, they do nothing but run slower then the original speed. It drives me so nuts I have to shut down the game and do something else. Whats really frustrating is, it worked at first. I'm probably going to have to remove BV. I don't know what else to do. I looked through this thread and someone mentioned messing with your firewalls, but, I shouldnt have SecuRom so I shouldnt have a need to mess with firewalls right? I also fiddled with graphics and I've kept my downloads to a minimum. Anyone have helpful suggestions?
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: 2007 October 21, 19:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Moonlitmaiden's stuff aren't hacks for the games files, they are "recolors" make available to the elders.  I'd prefer something like Motoki's work.

Well, so would I really Cheesy But these will do for now until someone hopefully updates Motoki's work Smiley

Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2007 October 21, 20:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you say that like it's a bad thing.  aside from the added filesize, they look okay.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2007 October 21, 20:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for someone's (anyone's) eddification, I've managed to locate the files that were borking my game: "anitwatchout", which was already a known problem for Sims walking off the lots, and "teen_woohoo" which was screwing up the want slots.  I should be used to the Eaxis of Eavil policing my morals, by now, but it still irritates me a bit..

Anyway, hope this helps.

Kiss
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2007 October 21, 23:23:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just for someone's (anyone's) eddification, I've managed to locate the files that were borking my game: "anitwatchout", which was already a known problem for Sims walking off the lots, and "teen_woohoo" which was screwing up the want slots.

It has been established in its thread here that there is no problem with antiwatchout and BV; there's another hack causing the walk off lots problem.  And  woohoo_teens has been updated for BV over on the inteen site.  I suggest you do research before blaming the wrong hacks or your own stupidity for not updating them.

Carry on...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2007 October 21, 23:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

trevanac, you should not have Securom if you've used the no-cd key from the beginning but only if you installed on an administrator account on your pc. If it was on another user without admin access to files then SecuRom installed with the game.
Try checking your firewall logs and see if Sims2ep6.exe has been trying to access the net, making sure that you do not have auto-login enabled in game before you panic about it. Double check your processor and graphics card as well. The lag may be a pc problem. Especially if it plays fine for several minutes to an hour before the lag starts up. It may not be securom, it may be that your computer needs basic maintenance, that there's too much custom, or that it's your hardware. Or, it could be securom, it's up to you to track it down before you point fingers.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 22 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: