More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:33:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?  (Read 128517 times)
FireFlyNine
Blathering Buffoon

Pirate Bird doesn't pay for her downloads.

View Profile
Re: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
« Reply #50 on: 2007 September 06, 22:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think someone entered that table and chiars in the furniture competition a couple months back.

"The moral of it speaks to me : rape me, sodomize me, beat me, but don't ever - ever - try to make me cook and clean." - Khaki
"The people revolted and said let there be buttsecks!" - Assmitten
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 06, 23:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The eyeball plant reminds me of this old DOS game I played as a kid- Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures. I thought it was the most awesome game ever. You were this little alien kid, and at every level, there were tons of purple eyeball plants. They would blink at you, and you would get bonus points from blowing them up.

Zimaw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 07, 22:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fine!  How about this one then?  jmtmom over at modthesims2.com made kids with down syndrome.  Now, I have nothing against people with down syndrome, but these Sims do nothing except LOOK like they have it...which I think is pretty damn weird. 

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=213483

Hilarious/Offensive website:  www.mutantmessiah.com
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 07, 23:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the Down's Syndrome sims, keep the skills low, teen/elder jobs, high outgoing and probably romance sims, don't make them smart, yeah, why not? I'm teaching some adults with Down's Syndrome next Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it.

Their tutor told us a funny story. Apparently they were going to do role plays and they had to each pick a different culture to portray. George argued hard for Startrek as being a culture and the tutor finally agreed. So anyway, comes the time for the play and George's contribution had metamorphosed into Dr Who. George was a dalek. He said he needed Jane to act with him, so the tutor said, 'if Jane agrees, that's fine'.

So George and Jane huddled in a corner and conferred secretly. Jane then came out ready, cradling an imaginary laser, George meanwhile stuck his arms out in front and made clutching, squeezing and grabbing motions with his hands as he pretended to be a dalek. He started to advance on Jane.

Almost too late, the tutor saw that George's hands were exactly the height of Jane's breasts and that George's grabby hands were about to find their target. 'Stop, stop' he cried. 'Thank you, that was a good play.'

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 08, 07:44:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry but the Down's Syndrome sims made me lol..I have nothing against mentally disabled people but that is so totally random.
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 08, 19:31:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tongue rings. Literal rings. I have never seen this IRL, mostly because if you had ones like this, I would venture you would talk as if you had a mouth full of bolts all the time.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=237212
Tongue rings do exist, however they are extremly rare because
1. they never stay in place, they always twist sideways, making it look incredibly goofy, especially when leaving an imprint
2. You shouldn't get tongue piercing jewelery extending over the tongue itself, because you WILL bite down on it and you WILL get chipped teeth from that over time.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 09, 12:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest issue with the downs sims is that they don't really look all that much like they have down's.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 10, 06:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to nominate these beauties. If one FeeEssen on MTS2 wasn't bad enought, this rebecah person derserves a cactus shoved up the wahzoo. Just look at some of her creations crimes aganist humanity! Esp. the rideables!
The Bike

The Tricycle

The Skateboard

The Unicycle

The Wheelie - whatever IRL that is. Probley no such thing.

Ok, I could go on and on about those. But writing essays is for high school students so a few sentences should suffice. Here goes: None of the rideables animations make contact with the mesh. I mean, the pedalling action isn't touching the pedals. Same for the handlebars. As for the skateboard, why is she doing the chicken dance/birdie dance? Surely that ain't good for her balance? I am 600% certain that a "Wheelie" doesn't exist IRL.
Also These Gems
Invisible window

Car-pet seat - Because belive it or not, these were made for carpets, not cars

Seriously, just like her fellow partner in crime, feeEssen, she has been dubbed "Featured Creator" for her crap.
Additional Credits:
FeeEssen for her rideable helicoptor found here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=232645
Without out her I'd never have found out about Shaklin. FeeEssen besides being a great creator is also a wonderful person to know....
Thanks to all that take the time to click the thanks button and leave comments... I do this strickly for fun. If you find anything wrong with my creations please let me know and I'll fix them if I capable of doing so or will at least post the problems found. I don't want to post junk!
Okay, would she thank me if I left a comment stating she derserves a cactus shoved up the wahzoo?

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 10, 06:32:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest issue with the downs sims is that they don't really look all that much like they have down's.

True, but they're not too far off.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 September 10, 06:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those are pretty bad, but not as WTF as FeeEssen's version. Her's doesn't even move; it's a glorified chair. And her signature bizarre mesh and ugly colors are just so much worse, IMO.

I can haz a field day with FeeEssen's crap. The only reasonable explanation of the existance of this set is that FeeEssen wants to traumatize her sim children for life.

FeeEssen must really hate children.

This piece of deco is allegedly an egg cooker. Note, this is not functional. I also have no idea why there' a black blob on it. Oh wait! That's the handle! Which is an important detail on an object that sims can't actually interact with in any meaningful way.

Another piece of fugly useless deco

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would want this either, kid.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Zimaw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 September 10, 09:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the reason that people enjoy FeeEssen's and Rebecah's objects so much is because the two creators  make lots of stuff for babies/toddlers/children.  Since the Sims game doesn't have much for these age groups to do, players are STARVED for anything different, no matter how craptastic.   Rebecah's objects are sort of cute though, while FeeEssen's are just plain scary.  That table and chairs set of hers is going to give me nightmares.  Thanks a lot, Invisigoth!

Hilarious/Offensive website:  www.mutantmessiah.com
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 September 10, 11:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to nominate these beauties. If one FeeEssen on MTS2 wasn't bad enought, this rebecah person derserves a cactus shoved up the wahzoo. Just look at some of her creations crimes aganist humanity! Esp. the rideables!
Hey, those are great. All we need is to give them invisible recolors and make them usable by cats.

INVISIBLE BIKE CRASH!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 September 10, 17:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rebecah deserves points, both for creativity and honesty.  Most creators don't bother showing people how bad their animations look.  She is a very talkented coder (unlike feeessen who just makes breaky chairs and potties), and people who dare to make things that look horrible to pave the way for people who refuse to release anything that isn't perfect.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 September 10, 18:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, those are great. All we need is to give them invisible recolors and make them usable by cats.

INVISIBLE BIKE CRASH!

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 September 10, 21:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rebecah deserves points, both for creativity and honesty.  Most creators don't bother showing people how bad their animations look.  She is a very talkented coder (unlike feeessen who just makes breaky chairs and potties), and people who dare to make things that look horrible to pave the way for people who refuse to release anything that isn't perfect.

The only real problem I can see with Rebekah's objects are the sim animations. Either she's taken stock animations from the game itself (like the skateboard one), or she's tried to do her own with a lot of guesswork. The real shame about it is that if she could get the animations right, these objects would be really good (well, except the wheelie - I haven't a clue what that one's about at all).

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 September 10, 22:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That wheelie thing looks like a poor attempt at a Segway.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 September 11, 00:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

INVISIBLE BIKE CRASH!

I am laughing way too hard at this.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 September 11, 14:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how difficult it is to work with animations for the sims, I'd say she did a decent job. Most custom animations look like crap, but I see that as just one of the limits of modding for the sims. I like it when creators attempt it at all.

Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 September 11, 15:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if the result is shit, they should just abandon that project. Going "well, it sucks but I'll upload it anyways for stats" is not the right way imo. I'd never upload halfassed CC
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 September 11, 16:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well if the result is shit, they should just abandon that project. Going "well, it sucks but I'll upload it anyways for stats" is not the right way imo. I'd never upload halfassed CC

It's not halfassed though, is it? If you're a modder who's into code then you're not going to worry about graphics and animations. That's for someone else to work with. That's why this work is uploaded - so someone who isn't into code can take on the graphics side of things and together they can make a good product.

ISTP
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2007 September 11, 17:14:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Might want to find that person before releasing then and team up Smiley
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2007 September 11, 17:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, yeah, but that's what *I* would do. Some people have no shame when it comes to actually releasing crappy work.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2007 September 11, 18:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's crappy, since this is really the best possible with a custom animation for the sims. Frankly, I wish more creators would try it. I'd rather see an animation that still has some quirks than an item with no animation at all. I feel like it's expecting something beyond the limits of what we can do with the game engine.

Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2007 September 11, 19:04:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's crappy, since this is really the best possible with a custom animation for the sims. Frankly, I wish more creators would try it. I'd rather see an animation that still has some quirks than an item with no animation at all. I feel like it's expecting something beyond the limits of what we can do with the game engine.

It's like haiku. Ya can't shove a limerick into 5-7-5.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Loncaros
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2007 September 11, 22:37:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've deleted my share of my custom content in various games when I was "finished" because it didn't meet my expectations. I've deleted hours of work and started over. If other people just say Fuck It and upload it anyways, they shouldn't be surprised to find their stuff in here.
Some people just do that. Some even get payed for it, that's just how the software industry works these days. Deadline hit but your product still sucks? We can patch it later, now sell it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: