More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 06:36:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can the spring flirt wants be toned down?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can the spring flirt wants be toned down?  (Read 11824 times)
Singularity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can the spring flirt wants be toned down?
« on: 2007 August 31, 23:08:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure most of you have already noticed this, but I'm generally a very slow player.  Today was one of those simming marathon days.  I have a married couple, both of which are wealth aspiration and have graduated from Uni.  Things were going along as usual until I noticed that 3-4 of the want slots for each sim were clogged with generic "flirt"/"be flirted with"/"go on date"/"kiss"/etc. wants.  This perplexed me, until I realized that it was now spring.  Roll Eyes  Is there any way this can be toned-down?  Preferably it'd be possible to filter by aspiration.  For all means leave it alone for Romance, and Pleasure would only be adjusted a little, I'd think.  But for wealth sims, these wants should be somewhat fleeting, and should be almost non-existent for Knowledge sims or very Shy sims.  I'm not asking for much, and I know want trees are a very tricky thing to adjust.  But it is possible, right?  Undecided  These wants seem to only filter in when they wake up -- after fulfilling a couple, the normal Wealth wants start to come back.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Can the spring flirt wants be toned down?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 01, 00:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find my fortune sims can be just as flirtatious as any other aspiration at any season of the year.  Have you tried Pescado's norandomflirtwants?  I use it, and although my sims do, as I said, get these wants, it's not excessive, and I rarely seem to get the be flirted with want, except for a few family sims, who I always find are far randier than Romance anyway!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 01, 00:56:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really like how the seasons effect the wants of sims - gives some variety.  Besides, who said you actually have to cave in and give your sims what they think they want?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 01, 01:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I for one wouldn't dream of it - give in to a fortune sim and you'll have a house full of paintings costing 3,500 simoleons or whatever, and no loo!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 01, 01:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It may just be my imagination, but sims seem to keep rolling up the wants that you satisfy for them.  So giving in to the flirt wants that so annoy you may just be encouraging them to roll up more of them.

ZZ, not to mention the billion kids that a family sim will end up wanting.  ugh!
Singularity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 01, 01:44:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I didn't use the right words to explain what bugged me and what didn't.  It's not actually the wants themselves that bug me too much.  It's not like they're hard to fulfill, anyway.  What bugs me is that they're not specific.  The wants I'd like to see would be "Flirt with $spouse" or "Kiss $spouse" instead of just "flirt" or "kiss".  The male frequently wants to kiss his wife before he goes to work, for example, and I don't mind that.  Bah, I don't know.  It's more of a role-playing thing than a real annoyance.  I'll just deal with it.  Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 01, 02:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have three lightning bolts?  In my experience, if they have, then they do get these specific wants, if they don't, they tend to be more inclined to play away.  I must admit, though, my sims spend most of the time with all their useful wants locked until they fulfil them, so quite often all they roll in the morning is their fears.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 01, 06:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess I didn't use the right words to explain what bugged me and what didn't.  It's not actually the wants themselves that bug me too much.  It's not like they're hard to fulfill, anyway.  What bugs me is that they're not specific.  The wants I'd like to see would be "Flirt with $spouse" or "Kiss $spouse" instead of just "flirt" or "kiss".  The male frequently wants to kiss his wife before he goes to work, for example, and I don't mind that.  Bah, I don't know.  It's more of a role-playing thing than a real annoyance.  I'll just deal with it.  Tongue
Nonspecific ones are just as good as specific ones, since they satisfy either way. Romance Mod + wfsanity already does its job sorting the random flirting out. Want-tree hacking is basically an all-or-nothing deal, though.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 01, 13:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to get sim-parents to kiss their kids if their significant other is not available. It doesn't have to be a romantic-type kiss. It clears at least 1 want spot for other non-flirty wants. Downside is, it usually means play/talk/entertain want for the recipient of the kiss if it is a family sim.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 01, 13:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my family sims are more likely to want to get a fruit tree or a toy-making bench!  I almost never allow Cancer or Pisces to be Family sims - Sagittarius are good at being not-too-demanding parents, if you can live with the complaints about cleaning up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 01, 13:32:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, my family sims are more likely to want to get a fruit tree or a toy-making bench!  I almost never allow Cancer or Pisces to be Family sims - Sagittarius are good at being not-too-demanding parents, if you can live with the complaints about cleaning up!

You wouldn't like my sim self then-Pisces & Family Cheesy LOL

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 01, 13:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd make you Romance instead!  Pisces are interesting in that aspiration - and I usually pair them off with a Leo, against all the rules, because my sister is a Pisces and her husband is Leo, and they get on really well.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 01, 13:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd make you Romance instead!

Well, that is definitely making sure I'd get with Goopy. Sad

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 01, 13:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah!  I'd probably pair you with Keanu Broke (the straight Libra version - the Leo ones always end up gay in my game....) or maybe Don?  NOT Daniel Pleasant - I hate having too many neat sims in one house.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 01, 13:50:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah!  I'd probably pair you with Keanu Broke (the straight Libra version - the Leo ones always end up gay in my game....) or maybe Don?  NOT Daniel Pleasant - I hate having too many neat sims in one house.

*phew* Thanks Cheesy

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 01, 13:55:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goopy is usually one of the first to be totally eradicated from my game....Unless it's an old pre-simPE hood I've decided to revive, and then there are just too many relationships to get rid of most of the townies - so then I put the whole lot of them to work in OFB business lots, never send my sims to those lots, and I can forget they ever existed (with the help or the Visitor controller).

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 03, 01:59:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But GOOPY is for EMMA! If it weren't for being aspirationally mismatched, they'd be a 3-bolt.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 September 03, 02:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be a love-hate relationship, then!

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 03, 08:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* Emma moons Pescado and Zeph

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 September 03, 09:14:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma's got the 7 year itch.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 03, 09:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, she's just a Family sim! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 03, 12:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, Emma, if you keep doing that, it'll become your signature behavior in-game.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 03, 13:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, Emma, if you keep doing that, it'll become your signature behavior in-game.

I would love to see how you could make my sim do that. Plus my sim's arse isn't as chunky as mine so I don't care Cheesy

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 03, 13:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would love to see how you could make my sim do that.
Well, first, you'd need an assless version of your present outfit, so we can observe your butt in greater detail. I'm sure there's a mesh that will provide just such a thing somewhere on the adult MTS2 site.

Plus my sim's arse isn't as chunky as mine so I don't care Cheesy
Roger, wilco. One Fat Emma coming right up.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 03, 13:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still don't care...*lalala*....

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: