More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 23:32:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Snow is not supposed to be blue dammit!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Snow is not supposed to be blue dammit!  (Read 4335 times)
Ghost
Asinine Airhead

It is a real sign...

View Profile
Snow is not supposed to be blue dammit!
« on: 2007 August 26, 22:54:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I try to play with snow turned on I get this. http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/Ghost853/snapshot_5263874b_13ddea30.jpg

I have every major expansion, I run alot of CC and hacks but 99% of the hacks are from here.  I have 786MB Ram, a 2.0GHz P4 and the cruddy Intel integrated graphics at 64MB. To me it seems like a texture is missing, because I've DLed some CC and it came up like that before.  I have no idea whats causing it.  I'm posting here before I go uninstalling and deleting everything.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Snow is not supposed to be blue dammit!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 26, 23:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting groups.cache from your Documents\EA Games\Sims 2 folder before anything else.  After that, move your entire downloads directory somewhere so you can determine if CC is your culprit or if there is a more serious issue.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 26, 23:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just stating the obvious... Id say your cruddy Intergrated Graphics probably has something to do with it.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Ghost
Asinine Airhead

It is a real sign...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 27, 01:24:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Taking all of the CC out made the snow appear. Thanks for the help B.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 27, 01:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 786MB Ram, a 2.0GHz P4 and the cruddy Intel integrated graphics at 64MB.

From the system requirements for The Sims 2 Seasons:

NOTE: If you have a non-T&L capable video card, such as Intel Extreme Graphics, then you need at least a 2.4 GHz processor.

I suggest you read the Read Me file that is installed with every expansion. It is full of useful information about the hardware you need to run the game. The more recent expansions have steeper requirements than the base game and Uni.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Baskar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 27, 05:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the cause is the CC?  Oh my giddy aunt....  *nervous chuckle*  This is gonna be fun to sort through.  I have a gig and a half of CC.  *goes to cry in a corner*
(Most of it is clothing/hair meshes and or recolors)

*edit*  Found elsewhere where they suggest that if you have any of Targa's pond water recolors to turn them off.  I just did that and I'm about to try it now.  *crosses fingers*
« Last Edit: 2007 August 27, 05:41:29 by Baskar » Logged
Baskar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 28, 02:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....It was Targa's pond water recoloration for me.  *sigh*.  Dag gummit all.  No more nice colors for my pond.  *kicks a bucket*
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 28, 14:53:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are also reported conflicts with Targa's extracted BodyShop photo backdrop, so if you have that, it might be wise to remove it before it spams up borks too.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 31, 10:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I've seen other pond-water recolours somewhere, maybe they won't cause the same problem.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: