More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 12:38:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  H&M Stuff crashes with any Director's Cut
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: H&M Stuff crashes with any Director's Cut  (Read 3527 times)
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
H&M Stuff crashes with any Director's Cut
« on: 2007 August 25, 03:49:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get TS2 working on my lappy and I can't get H&M to play nice. I've tried the OFB, Pets, and Seasons Director's Cuts but none of them work correctly. I only have the director's cut in besides a few clothing items. I uploaded some error logs, these are with the Seasons Director's Cut in.

Edit: Oh, I have UNI, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, CS, and H&M installed.
Edit 2: It's running Windows XP Pro
« Last Edit: 2007 August 25, 04:01:46 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: H&M Stuff crashes with any Director's Cut
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 25, 04:01:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm trying to get TS2 working on my lappy and I can't get H&M to play nice. I've tried the OFB, Pets, and Seasons Director's Cuts but none of them work correctly. I only have the director's cut in besides a few clothing items. I uploaded some error logs, these are with the Seasons Director's Cut in.

Edit: Oh, I have UNI, NL, OFB, FFS, GLS, CS, and H&M installed.
Edit 2: It's running Windows XP Pro
First error fixed, second error is caused by using wrong DC. H&M is weird and therefore your engine does not advance beyond OFB DC, IIRC.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 27, 18:54:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if we put in the H&M then we have to use the OFB Director's Cut?

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 27, 19:38:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So if we put in the H&M then we have to use the OFB Director's Cut?

I believe it is only an issue if you have H&M, but not Seasons.  I'm running all EP and SP, and I'm quite sure I use the Seasons Directors Cut.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 27, 22:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

H&M and Celebrations screw up the internal version number. IIRC, their code seems to be based on OFB, but the version number claims to be higher than Seasons.
This means that if your last EP is OFB, you run the game from the H&M/Celeb disk. But then all mods assume you have Seasons, so if they depend on the version check, you've got a problem.
If your last EP is Pets or Seasons, you run the game from the Pets/Seas disk, but you still encounter the version number problem. Fortunately in most cases Pets and Seasons run the same (or compatible) code so this is far less likely to cause problems than running an OFB+H&M/Celeb game.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 28, 14:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have everything except CEL and FFS, including H&M, and I use the Seasons disk to play and the Seasons Director's Cut.

Perhaps I do not play often enough or long enough to run into issues, but things still seem to be running smoothly.

Have you run the Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detector? Perhaps it is something simple like a hack/mod conflict.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 28, 14:48:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei: Your configuration doesn't break version-detect, however. Thus, it is correct for you to use the Seasons DC and everything functions. For someone running OFB with newer packs, it breaks some of the older version detects because your engine remains OFB-esque despite claiming a higher-bit as Seasons.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 29, 13:23:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei: Your configuration doesn't break version-detect, however. Thus, it is correct for you to use the Seasons DC and everything functions. For someone running OFB with newer packs, it breaks some of the older version detects because your engine remains OFB-esque despite claiming a higher-bit as Seasons.

That makes perfect sense, Pes. Thank you.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 03, 20:21:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just got H&M stuff today. I now have the base game with Uni, NL, OFB and H&M. Does this mean my game is still OFB-esque? Do I need OFB versions of hacks (I've read this post as meaning that I do), and are the majority of hacks compatable with H&M? The ones I've noticed so far that I have problems with (in my 10 mins of gameplay before I realised something was wrong) are macrotastics and ACR (I know ACR isn't covered at MATY anymore). Macrotastics doesn't seem to be spawning the menu when clicking on a sim.

ISTP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: