More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 21:04:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How long does the Love Tub effect last?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How long does the Love Tub effect last?  (Read 3556 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
How long does the Love Tub effect last?
« on: 2007 August 03, 15:55:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's the story.  Krishna and Maurey Wagner (popularity and fortune respectively) have girlspawn Romana.  She's a cute little thing, and as an experiment, when she was a toddler I got her to spend about 80% of her waking hours playing with the pink bunny head.  Consequently she got a lot of charisma points.  As a child, she had a bunch of stupid unfulfillable wants, and so, to keep her out of my hair, I got her to study stuff.  Lots of skills, including more charisma.

Meanwhile, I go on this "I gotta try more aspiration rewards" kick, so Krishna gets a thinking cap, simvac (lots of fun, but I think I "broke" a maid - cleaning is just not as effective anymore), and a Love Tub.

The love tub was the most useless thing he could possibly get, because he really only wanted to woohoo with Maurey, and their relationship was married with 100/100 all the time.  In fact, Maurey is the most amourous fortune sim I've ever had.  So the love tubs candles burned out without anyone using it for developing a relationship.  Still, nice garish looking tub, and I left it on the lot.

Meanwhile, Romana (girlspawn child) has this want to be best friends with townie teen Alistair.  She invites him over and works on him.  Finally on her birthday (at the party) he becomes a best friend.  She also gets her "grow up well" want, pushing her into full platinum.  At this point they're just best friends (at 100/60 or something like that).  I make her a romance sim upon grow-up.

Naturally, at the party, some of the guests make for the hot tub (which is, as mentioned, an uncharged love tub).  I get Romana to join, since Alistair is in said tub.  I try a few interactions, like splash and cuddle.  The relationship jumps immediately to 100/100.

No kiss interaction is possible, at this time, but I get the option for her to give Alistair a massage.  So she does it.  Instant crush and love both ways.  (Remember this is an uncharged tub).  I get the woohoo option and exercise it (I have woohooteens loaded).  Alistair shoos all others out of the tub and woohoo commences with the whole party looking on.  (Romana is very outgoing as well)

I'd never seen this before in any other hot tub and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or if it is perhaps due to the combination of romancemod and woohooteens, as well as perhaps her high charisma and outgoing personality.  I didn't think, for example, that a massage/backrub would instantly lead to love.

Tribulatio proxima est
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: How long does the Love Tub effect last?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 03, 16:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It must be the effect of a hack, or maybe you have Seasons and Romana's birthday was in spring?  It's pretty hard to go from 60 LTR to 100 in the same evening normally, but maybe with the seasons boost?  It's definitely not the romancemod.  Pes doesn't believe in making love easier; in his world, there is more one-sided pining than mutual love.  Tongue

I can't shed any light on whether a hot tub massage can lead to crush/love.  I don't use them enough for romancing, just for the aftermath...  Roll Eyes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 06, 16:28:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having revisited the lot in question again, I discover that he was not even in love with her at the time - although she registered both crush and love for him.  Woohoo took place in the uncharged love tub anyway.  He fell in love with her later, and they fulfilled her "first kiss" want the next night.

This leads me to speculate that even an uncharged love tub may be more effective for relationships than a normal hot tub.

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 07, 08:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't noticed anything weird about the lovetub, but I did have some weird romance stuff happen in my game.  noinstantlove gets the blame, fairly or unfairly, for some of it.  Here's the thread

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7548.0.html

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 07, 13:38:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's interesting too, especially where using "noinstantlove" appears to "cause" one sided love relationships, allowing woohoo, but not makeout.  I don't actually have noinstantlove loaded (not sure there is a version for just base and uni, which is my current configuration), but having read the thread, I'm not sure I want it either.  I find it rather endearing that sims fall in love willy nilly with almost anyone.  I have the romancemod loaded to help mitigate the adverse effects of this, so I can have a hood where almost half the population is in love with the other half, and wants to run off to the hot tub whenever the evening gets to that particularly magical moment.

I don't actually play it like that.  It has led to some fun moments.  During a wedding party for two of my sims, I wanted the bride to be best friends with one of her female neighbours.  I had forgotten that she had had an affair with her friend's husband (before the friend married the guy), and accidentally hit the hug romantically option, rather than the hug friendly option.  The groom did not freak at all (being a romance sim himself), but the friend's husband saw the interaction and wigged out, slapping the bride and informing her in no uncertain terms (lots of crossed out hearts and broken daggers) that their love was over.

I spent some time fixing the relationship until the bride and friend's husband were at least friends again (rather relieved that she wasn't in love with him anymore).  Interestingly, the bride and her female friend did not get any crush/love relationship from the romantic hug, although it was offered and accepted (accidentally on my part, I repeat).

Still, I will have to keep experimenting with the love tub to see if the apparent effect is consistent.

Tribulatio proxima est
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 09, 08:15:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pes reckons you get weirdness like that anyway and noinstantlove isn't the problem.  I took it out anyway.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: