More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 22:19:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 91920 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #200 on: 2005 October 15, 23:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Uni Patch is the one that fixes headmaster glitch

Yes but I DON'T have University so I CAN'T use this patch!!!!
I understand that and I dont know there might be a fix here or at varioussimmers or modthesims2 for the base game.I would check and see if one of the known modders site has a fix for the base game

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2005 October 16, 00:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but criticism on this forum will probably not be as visible to the designers, who visit the official bbs....

Surely visiting the bbs is above and beyond the call of duty.  Tongue

MaxoidTom, I also appreciate the increased communication with Maxis re the bugs and glitches. I can see real movement and change in the last couple of months, alleviating much of my irritation with game and company.

PS I don't go near the bbs either. As others have noted, a more efficient bulletin board, a grownups section for posts in complete sentences and the ability to turn signatures off would be a major start to making the bbs accessible to all.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2005 October 16, 00:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

[That may be the case, but criticism on this forum will probably not be as visible to the designers, who visit the official bbs.  That's all I'm saying.  You could post once and then never come back--that way you never have to "find" anything or try to understand what all the others are saying.
[/quote] I finally got my game to patch with no chaos ensuing. My custom hood is fine.word of advice  to those who are thinking about moving stuff out of the EA games sims2 folder- ie neighborhoods,Downloads  etc prior to installing the patch  DONT!!!!! leave the game in its present state the way it was when you saved and exited . the patch will install without problems as long as you havent messed with the objects file setting.start up game several times to be sure.  play a bit if it seems fine  then chaos shouldnt ensue from the patch

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Myrddin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2005 October 16, 00:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved my downloads folder to my desktop, downloaded and installed the patch, moved my downloads folder back in place, and my game works just fine.  Why shouldn't folks move their downloads folders? Undecided

Edit*For clarity, I am not saying that because I didn't have a problem no one else should; I am just genuinely curious as to why folks shouldn't move things out of the folder before installing the patch.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 00:25:35 by Myrddin » Logged
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2005 October 16, 00:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got my game to patch with no chaos ensuing. My custom hood is fine.word of advice  to those who are thinking about moving stuff out of the EA games sims2 folder- ie neighborhoods,Downloads  etc prior to installing the patch  DONT!!!!! leave the game in its present state the way it was when you saved and exited . the patch will install without problems as long as you havent messed with the objects file setting.start up game several times to be sure.  play a bit if it seems fine  then chaos shouldnt ensue from the patch

I'm relieved that the patch finally worked for you!  It sounds like it was very frustrating and finicky for some reason.  Hopefully now you can enjoy the game without too many annoyances.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2005 October 16, 00:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't move mine (my downloads folder) because I didn't see a reason to. *shrug* I figured why bother if I don't even know there will be any problems and in my case other than having to restore a backup of the Graphics Rules.sgr file that I previously modified (and which wasn't in the downloads folder anyway) I didn't run into any problems.

The patch isn't going to change or mess with any files in that folder, but of course there's always the potential that the patch could change the game somewhere to the point where something in the downloads folder that previously didn't cause problems now does. But we won't know if we don't try. At some point we'll have to try our downloads out with the update anyhow so I didn't bother to move it. Of course it doesn't hurt to move it out either, but you'll just have to put it back and cross your fingers and give it a go.  Grin

There really isn't a wrong or right answer just do whatever you feel most comfortable with.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2005 October 16, 01:12:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ffslotdebugger has an option to Fix AWOL Headmaster. This will cure any headmaster glitches you have.  Give it a try and let us know.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2005 October 16, 02:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't move mine (my downloads folder) because I didn't see a reason to. *shrug* I figured why bother if I don't even know there will be any problems and in my case other than having to restore a backup of the Graphics Rules.sgr file that I previously modified (and which wasn't in the downloads folder anyway) I didn't run into any problems.

The patch isn't going to change or mess with any files in that folder, but of course there's always the potential that the patch could change the game somewhere to the point where something in the downloads folder that previously didn't cause problems now does. But we won't know if we don't try. At some point we'll have to try our downloads out with the update anyhow so I didn't bother to move it. Of course it doesn't hurt to move it out either, but you'll just have to put it back and cross your fingers and give it a go.  Grin

There really isn't a wrong or right answer just do whatever you feel most comfortable with.
my frriend with the game had the same issue and she walked me through the patch. she moved her neighborhood file and downloads file out patched the game moved her stuff back in and waa laa total chaos occured  as near as we can tell with some help from my brother in law who is a computer engineer  and builds  computer systems from scratch and installs games and software in systems he builds. and he says the problem with the patch and the neighborhoods  came about because the patch installed in what it percieved was a game devoid of neighborhoods and Sims he said as such when the neighborhoods were put back the patch didnt recognize them and the result was an over load of errors which the  game tried to recover from and a bad situation continued  to worsen. he had my friend uninstall her game  and reinstall then create a custom neighborhood with sims and put her downloads in prior  to the creation of the neighborhood and sims  and then patch her game .she said his advice was great and her game has been humming along ever since with the patch. she walked me through it and my game is humming along

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: 2005 October 16, 04:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a major edit on my earlier post.

I noticed tonight...my Sims on my Uni lots do NOT have their facial animations back when speaking on the telephone.

As well, I'm still getting the message that so-and-so are no longer best friends when one of the Sims is deceased.

I'm so majorly disappointed....

Sad Sad Sad
Ivy

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: 2005 October 16, 06:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ffslotdebugger has an option to Fix AWOL Headmaster. This will cure any headmaster glitches you have.  Give it a try and let us know.

Hook

Thanks I have it, but the rtfm says tested on TSU.  Is it OK if you don't have University?  I guess it probably is, but since I don't actually have HM bug at the moment I thought I'd wait for an answer.  I asked on the thread about patches - didn't see a reply last time I checked, but will try later.

My main point is really on behalf of all those other simmers out there who don't have all JMs wonderful hacks.
Maxis should update the patch for the base game to include all the fixes they put into the Uni patch that apply. 
That isn't only HM bug by a long shot...  The patch already exists - might as well put everything in it not just half of it.

My custom hood is fine.word of advice  to those who are thinking about moving stuff out of the EA games sims2 folder- ie neighborhoods,Downloads  etc prior to installing the patch  DONT!!!!! leave the game in its present state the way it was when you saved and exited . the patch will install without problems as long as you havent messed with the objects file setting.
Thanks for this I'll pass it on. I know a good simmer who may have made this mistake

re whether these bugs are common or not....  come on guys... if you were writing the blurb for the patch what would you put on it... "to fix a really common and nasty problem..."Huh?   Roll Eyes

Thankyou for listening MaxoidTom -  Smiley

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2005 October 16, 11:41:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ffslotdebugger has an option to Fix AWOL Headmaster.
Thanks I have it, but the rtfm says tested on TSU.  Is it OK if you don't have University?  I guess it probably is, but since I don't actually have HM bug at the moment I thought I'd wait for an answer.

Disclaimer:  I haven't looked at the code myself.

Fix AWOL Headmaster is one of those functions that *should* work ok with or without any EP's.  What it does it delete the headmaster scenario controller, which is probably created when you invite the headmaster and should go away when the scenario is over.  The reason the HM scenario is bugged has to do with the controller already existing, so you can't invite another HM.  Or you can invite him but he never shows up.

If you have a lot where your HM is glitched, simply try it.  Put the FFSLotDebugger on the lot, click on AWOL Headmaster, and see if your problem is fixed.  If everything works, you're probably good to go.  If stuff messes up, for goodness sake don't save the lot! Smiley  And delete the FFSLotDebugger before you save, if you do.  I'd recommend not trying to click on other options unless they pertain to the version of the game you're actually running.

Now, this is considerably more risky behavior than I'd normally advocate, but it's what I'd do in the same circumstance.  I'm not saying you can't possibly cause your computer to catch fire by doing this, just that it's very unlikely. Cheesy  Just be prepared to exit without saving if things aren't working right.

Hook
« Last Edit: 2005 October 16, 12:44:45 by Hook » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2005 October 16, 12:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, really you can try almost anything if you are prepared to exit without saving!  After all, if your game has something like a corrupted lot which you try to load, it crashes to the desktop which is a bit more violent than just exiting normally, but your PC doesn't normally end up in pieces!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2005 October 16, 14:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but criticism on this forum will probably not be as visible to the designers, who visit the official bbs....

Surely visiting the bbs is above and beyond the call of duty.  Tongue

Maybe this is the reason for our troubles with Maxis. Their brains have all been liquified by the BBS! Quick, MaxoidTom, save your coworkers! Direct them here, where they're safe!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2005 October 16, 15:17:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a major edit on my earlier post.

I noticed tonight...my Sims on my Uni lots do NOT have their facial animations back when speaking on the telephone.

As well, I'm still getting the message that so-and-so are no longer best friends when one of the Sims is deceased.

I'm so majorly disappointed....

Sad Sad Sad
Ivy

Huh I havent been to uni yet I have a sim in the  bin waiting .but post suceessful patch .I have noticed two new bugs one is annoying the other disappointing. the annoying one is multiple gardeners showing up.I had my sim Call for a gardener and one arrived immediately .she walked into the house. I didnt think any thing about it at first I thought she was headed to the back yard to take care of the plants. nope she sat down to eat instead,in comes another  and another  and so on all acting like visitors! I used the insimenator to delete them after ending the services of the gardeners. I sent sim to the phone had him hire a new gardener the bug thank fully didnt reproduce Leo the gardener showed up and said the plants were in wonderful condition and left as is normal no more gardeners showed up thank god! the second is my sims no longer have shadows like they did pre patch in the sunlight and Lamplight . and  I cant see my sims reflection in the mirror......Bummer Sad

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: 2005 October 16, 18:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The ffslotdebugger has an option to Fix AWOL Headmaster.
Thanks I have it, but the rtfm says tested on TSU.  Is it OK if you don't have University?  I guess it probably is, but since I don't actually have HM bug at the moment I thought I'd wait for an answer.
Fix AWOL Headmaster is one of those functions that *should* work ok with or without any EP's. ............... 
I'm not saying you can't possibly cause your computer to catch fire by doing this, just that it's very unlikely. Cheesy  Just be prepared to exit without saving if things aren't working right.

Hook

When/If HM bug comes back I will do just that unless I've heard for sure that it's really bad idea in the meantime.  HM code probably didn't chang between TS2 and TSU.....   

I still want a proper Maxis patch though....   

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2005 October 16, 18:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the second is my sims no longer have shadows like they did pre patch in the sunlight and Lamplight . and  I cant see my sims reflection in the mirror.

You may want to check your settings in the game again, I think the patch resets them back to being off.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
FutureCat
Blathering Buffoon

Lurking moar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: 2005 October 16, 18:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a variation on the headmaster problem last night: the headmaster arrived, my sim welcomed him, started chatting (while still standing outside on the footpath), and he froze.  When I tried to get my sim to interact with him, she'd stand round like she was waiting for him to finish doing something first, and then get bored and wander off.  After a while I deleted him, and rang to invite him again the next night.  Next night the same headmaster arrives, and exactly the same thing happened.  I thought maybe I'd been a bit quick deleting him the first time, so I just left him there.  Next morning he was still standing in exactly the same place.  Deleted him again, invited him again that night, and this time a different headmaster turned up.  I probably should have tried chatting straight away to see if the problem was associated with just that particular headmaster or was more general, but I was getting sick of having to clean the house every evening on the offchance he showed up so this time I got my sim to welcome him and then call him to dinner, and there were no problems.

I also discovered that the getting credit for writing a novel thing isn't totally fixed.  SimA completed a novel last night.  SimB answered the phone when it rang to say the novel had sold.  SimA had a want to write a bestselling novel, and that want was fulfilled even though he hadn't been the one to answer the phone.  However, SimB was the one who got the memory.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2005 October 16, 19:08:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the second is my sims no longer have shadows like they did pre patch in the sunlight and Lamplight . and  I cant see my sims reflection in the mirror.

You may want to check your settings in the game again, I think the patch resets them back to being off.
uhmm this is going to sound real stupid but how do I change the settings?and which file? Im a real novice at this stuff which is why I had so much frustration in the beginning with the patch

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2005 October 16, 20:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uhmm this is going to sound real stupid but how do I change the settings?and which file? Im a real novice at this stuff which is why I had so much frustration in the beginning with the patch

No worries, you can do everything within the game. Smiley When you're playing a house, click on the ... button on the bottom left hand corner and then click on the picture that looks like a monitor (the first one). From there you can turn on and off reflections, shadows, graphics details, etc. Once you've made your changes, click on the "Apply Changes" button. It may take a while for the changes to be made, but a window will pop up asking if you want to keep the changes you've made or not - click "yes". Depending on your system specs, setting everything to high may slow down your game considerably so play around with them and see what works for you. If you don't like any of the changes, you can click the circular arrow in the corner and reset the option to default. Hope that helps!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2005 October 16, 20:26:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No worries, you can do everything within the game. Smiley When you're playing a house, click on the ... button on the bottom left hand corner and then click on the picture that looks like a monitor (the first one). From there you can turn on and off reflections, shadows, graphics details, etc. Once you've made your changes, click on the "Apply Changes" button. It may take a while for the changes to be made, but a window will pop up asking if you want to keep the changes you've made or not - click "yes". Depending on your system specs, setting everything to high may slow down your game considerably so play around with them and see what works for you. If you don't like any of the changes, you can click the circular arrow in the corner and reset the option to default. Hope that helps!
Thanks  this helps alot

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2005 October 16, 20:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now this is interesting...note: I do NOT have Nightlife.

Error messages galore in game now pertaining to the PleasureSeeker and Grilled Cheese Aspirations since installing the patch.

I only have base + Uni.

i.e. "ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = PleasureSeeker.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)
ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = GrilledCheese.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)"

And it keeps repeating, over and over and over...

Something definitely is wrong with the patch.  Of course I don't have PleasureSeeker or Grilled Cheese wants...I don't own NL!

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2005 October 16, 23:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well now this is interesting...note: I do NOT have Nightlife.

Error messages galore in game now pertaining to the PleasureSeeker and Grilled Cheese Aspirations since installing the patch.

I only have base + Uni.

i.e. "ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = PleasureSeeker.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)
ERROR Production: Want node in tree 0xce11bd96 has an illegal attribute key = GrilledCheese.
.\source\TSWantTreeManager.cpp(582)"

And it keeps repeating, over and over and over...

Something definitely is wrong with the patch.  Of course I don't have PleasureSeeker or Grilled Cheese wants...I don't own NL!

I hear you about error messages galore . I keep getting error messages about Maxis made item that were shipped in the game ie object error TS\Source\Obj Bluephonebooth\duplicate.TS\Audio\error voicenotfound\ and the  list of errors goes on and on I either get that the item is a duplicate or an object error with Architecture or in game items such as fountains and trees. sice the patch I cant change max number of visitors either

Ivy
Knuckleheaded Knob

"54% Scrumptiousness"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: 2005 October 16, 23:20:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: max # of visitors...I have that in my userstartup cheat file.  I just put it back in, so will go test it out and see if it works or not for me...

EDIT: Max # of visitors in my userstartup cheat file is working fine for me.

I hope you sort your issue out!

Ivy
« Last Edit: 2005 October 17, 00:16:49 by Ivy » Logged

Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2005 October 17, 03:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were two versions of the patch.  Are you sure you got the right one?  Because if you got the one for Nightlife and you only have Uni, it's no wonder you're getting Nightlife related errors.

Hook

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2005 October 17, 04:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re: max # of visitors...I have that in my userstartup cheat file.  I just put it back in, so will go test it out and see if it works or not for me...

EDIT: Max # of visitors in my userstartup cheat file is working fine for me.

I hope you sort your issue out!

Ivy
Like I said Im such a novice I cant create a working user startupcheat or I would probably be Just Fine Embarrassed

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: