More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:51:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sub-neighbirhoods
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sub-neighbirhoods  (Read 6304 times)
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sub-neighbirhoods
« on: 2007 August 29, 20:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a long standing neighborhood running, which i want to keep but i accidently attached a sub-neighborhood to it, namely downtown... I play a medieval setting and as you can imagine downtown isn't really in theme.

I was wondering is there anyway of removing the offending sub-neighbourhood?? if not .. if i make a "new custom downtown" and compleatly ignore this one .. is that going to create a ton of new down-townies?? im trying to limit the number of charecters ive got running around the game, ive got the no regen townies hack and id rather like not to create a whole new set.

I've tried bulldozing everything in "downtown" so i can re-build in a more medieval style but even though i have custom dirt roads show up in every one of my other neighbourhoods, downtown isn't grass .. its yukky concreate and my roads don't work on it...

Any suggestions as to get rid / re-vamp or otherwise fix my "evil " subneighorhood most welcome.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Sub-neighbirhoods
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 29, 20:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you can change the terrain (I hate the concrete)

for grass, in the cheat window type

TerrainType temperate

or for dirt

TerrainType dirt

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 29, 20:53:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've used said cheat before.  It created some oddities and inconsistencies at the lot level.  It changes the view at the neighbourhood level but can do nothing to the lots that have been placed.

However, if you're just intending it be there and look like it belongs rather than populate and use the area, you'll most likely be fine.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Sub-neighborhoods
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 29, 21:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the lots after a terrain change, you have to put them in the bin and then place them again. This fixes the terrain, and is very annoying. Very very annoying as when I move a family out and then put the lot in a bin, I lose all objects in the house.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Eleonora
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Sub-neighborhoods
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 29, 23:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the lots after a terrain change, you have to put them in the bin and then place them again. This fixes the terrain, and is very annoying. Very very annoying as when I move a family out and then put the lot in a bin, I lose all objects in the house.

No need to place them in the bin, you can just pick 'em up and place on a different spot, that'll fix the terrain too.

This is her picture as she was / It seems a thing to wonder on / As though mine image in the glass / Should tarry when myself am gone.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 30, 20:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you add a new downtown you'll be able to delete the old one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 31, 00:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also use the terrainType cheat from within a lot, but the change might not be visible until you exit and re-enter the lot.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 31, 12:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If lots have sims in, absolutely DON'T put them in the lotbin.  Putting occupied lots in the lotbin is "a very bad thing" and makes a nasty mess in your game files. You can pick them up and place them again no problem.

You can delete a suburb using the tiny trashcan icon that comes up on one of the screens when you click to go to the sub-hood.  It's either on the chooser screen, or the screen with the blurb about the sub-hood you pick.  Putting the sub-hood in the trash can gets rid of the burb and the lots, but leaves all the sims in your game: playables will be dumped in the simbin and the others filed away among the townies etc.  You can reclothe them all to suit as you get the chance or follow Pescado's tutorial on deleting them.

I've never heard anyone say it isn't safe to delete a suburb and I've done it several times - though never on my favourite hood.  You might want to see if anyone awesome posts to disagree with me!  Make a back up before you do it anyway!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 31, 12:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are no known extreme consequences for deleting a suburb. It may make a mild hash out of your lot tables, but is unlikely you will run out of lot instances in the expected lifespan of the game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 31, 14:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's assuming we are willing to make the jump to the Sims 3 at all. I expect it will be significantly more suck, and not enough shiny to compensate.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 01, 03:19:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's assuming we are willing to make the jump to the Sims 3 at all. I expect it will be significantly more suck, and not enough shiny to compensate.

And how much will the computer upgrade cost on top of the game itself?

.. is that going to create a ton of new down-townies??

I don't think it will create a second lot of townies if you create a new Downtown.  And I would say it's worth having a Downtown mainly for the Comm Lots, of which there are quite a few medieval ones around, I think.

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 01, 05:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I thought you couldn't delete a subhood without first creating a new one to take its place. Has this changed, or am I imagining that it ever existed in the first place?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 01, 05:22:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There must be at least one...if there has been one. Yeah.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 01, 05:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm, I thought you couldn't delete a subhood without first creating a new one to take its place. Has this changed, or am I imagining that it ever existed in the first place?

Well, that's why you don't get a second lot of townies.  The only time you get extra sims is with Uni if you add a second campus, you get the playables from that too.  You add the new subhood, and then delete the old one, thus only one set of townies etc.   Presumably that's why you can't delete the first before you add the second.

Zephyr Zodiac
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 02, 17:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank's a ton all deleted... and so far it doens't appear to have done any damage Smiley 
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 02, 18:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd be inclined to run a quick check in SimPE, just to be on the safe side.  Or, even quicker, just to check for any extra characters, you could just let the Clean Installer list your character files - if there are any that should be "Person" and are shown as "Object", when they shouldn't be a dead unlinked sim, then you might have a little work to do. Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: