More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 23:48:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  3 or 4 lightening bolts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: 3 or 4 lightening bolts  (Read 65929 times)
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: 3 or 4 lightening bolts
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 12, 01:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, does anyone know how to totally hide the control panel on the game's screen?  So that you have a completely unobstructed full-screen view?

Hit the TAB key, it'll put you in the cameraman mode or whatever they call it. You can use the arrow keys and your mouse to zoom, rotate, etc. Just hit TAB again to go back to the regular view.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 12, 01:33:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know IrfanView has a screen capture utility built unto it.  I think you can hit the key "C" to activate, otherwise its in the pulldown menu.

I had no idea! Should make things a little less tedious.
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 12, 01:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By the way, does anyone know how to totally hide the control panel on the game's screen?  So that you have a completely unobstructed full-screen view?

Hit the TAB key, it'll put you in the cameraman mode or whatever they call it. You can use the arrow keys and your mouse to zoom, rotate, etc. Just hit TAB again to go back to the regular view.

That calls for a big DUH!!  Of course I don't use the camera mode that often.   Roll Eyes

Thanks!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 12, 05:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I sent to Brynne the picture I made (smaller), and hope that she will know how to paste it here...Smiley. I always get a message that the file is not writable...sheesh...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 12, 05:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, will check my inbox. Thanks!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 12, 05:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, can you send it to me in its original size? I'm trying to enlarge it a bit, but it's too blurry. I was going to post it anyway, but photobucket is down for maintenance.  Undecided 
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 12, 05:51:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK...Smiley

edit:  just did it...Smiley
« Last Edit: 2005 October 12, 05:58:47 by gali » Logged
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 12, 06:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

'kay, I got it, but it's still too small to see anything. Isn't this fun? I will post them as soon as photobucket is done with its maintenance, if I'm still awake, then.
What you could try is putting the screenshot into windows paint or something. If you've already resized it, though, I won't be able to restore it to its original size. Maybe you could do another screenshot then, paste it into paint, save it as it is, send it to me and I'll take care of the rest. Sorry to put you through all this Gali. You have the patience of an angel. We just wanna see what 4 lightening bolts look like! I'm jealous  Wink

Here's a link to some screenshots I posted earlier. I am trying to get yours at that clarity, though a bit larger:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=899.msg32947#msg32947

I love love love your avatar. It makes me smile every time!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 12, 06:38:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I pasted it in a small Windows Paint program, but it's very large - 2.5 Mega...Smiley.

About the jelousy of the 4 bolts - I didn't intend to reach them, because every now and then some of them wants to flirt with Andrea, although she is very faithful to her Alexander.

Skip Broke was a Romance sim, and all his sons inherited some of his romance genes...Smiley. They love their mates, but always want to flirt with other females too, even with elder females...Smiley.

So, I am always in Stand-by with the Simpe, to decrease relationships when needed...Smiley.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 12, 06:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have Windows XP and Microsoft Paint, when you save the file, just select a filetype other than .bmp. I recommend .PNG, as it is good quality, and a low(-ish) file size.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 12, 10:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Venusi, I tried it, and indeed it was 1.5 Mega...Smiley - still bif file.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 12, 10:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here ya go...

Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 October 12, 10:55:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Errr.....I only count three bolts......

It does look like four at first glance, but if you actually look at it closely, it's only three.
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 October 12, 10:58:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too.... Looks like the threes I have gotten in my game.  Sorry Gali.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 October 12, 11:13:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's what I thought, too, but then again I do need to make an appointment with my eye doctor. I thought I'd let you guys decide. The bolts are rather scrunched together, so I can "see" where that mistake might be made.
Thanks for your patience, Gali!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 October 12, 11:13:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, to me they look four! - After all the trouble I made to Brynne, perhaps I need a new pair of glasses...Smiley.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 October 12, 11:16:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You and me both...to the optometrist! Grin

edit to add:
it was no trouble, Gali. You're the one who did us the favor!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 October 12, 12:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tired of the constant PrintScrn - paste thingy? Try fraps (found at www.fraps.com). It uses bitmap formats, but I think even under WinXP you can convert them to jpg. You can even record videos at full screen size, up to 30 seconds. Oh, and check your frame rate.  Smiley
Doesn't do squat about poor eye sight though. I still order my lenses manually!  Tongue Roll Eyes

Let the Beast inside you free!
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 October 12, 13:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite screen capture program is Gadwin PrintScreen. Best used with windowed mode since in full screen mode in some games it can bump you out of the game. I like it for the fact that it actually shows you that it did in fact take the picture. I have used some other programs that don't, and often noticed missing shots where I thought I had taken the picture but apparently the program didn't catch the keystroke. It's also packed with other features, saves to multiple formats including JPG, names your files what you want, and captures a full screen, selected window, or a rectangular area of your choosing. It's easy on system resources. And it's a free program with no nags.

Fail.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 October 12, 15:59:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gadwin sounds intriguing. I'll have to look into that.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2005 October 12, 23:45:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bopped in here so I could add to this topic because I, too, said I'd seen four lightning bolts on the relationships panel.  Like Gali, from a distance it seriously looked like 4 bolts.  Last night I loaded up my game so I could check, and sure enough there were really only 3 bolts.  I sit something like 2.5 feet back from my 17" monitor and I had to get within 6 inches of the monitor and look through the bottom of my bifocals in order to see it really was only 3! Grin  Neither game nor web designers realize just how hard all this is on older eyes.  Roll Eyes

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 October 13, 10:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to count the lightning bolts several times to make sure there were 3 and not 4.
That will teach me to play without my glasses on.

INTJ
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 October 13, 11:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only *just* realized if you mouse over the relationship bars, there's a pop-up that lists the options and tells you what they mean (married, etc.) and the lightning bolts are on it. It lists one as mild chemistry, two as medium and three as ...something good, I've forgotten the word Smiley It only goes up to three. And tells you the crossed out one is negative chemistry. Long as I've had this game, anyone would think I would have known that was there, but...

Unsouper
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 October 13, 11:23:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite screen capture program is Gadwin PrintScreen. Best used with windowed mode since in full screen mode in some games it can bump you out of the game. I like it for the fact that it actually shows you that it did in fact take the picture. I have used some other programs that don't, and often noticed missing shots where I thought I had taken the picture but apparently the program didn't catch the keystroke. It's also packed with other features, saves to multiple formats including JPG, names your files what you want, and captures a full screen, selected window, or a rectangular area of your choosing. It's easy on system resources. And it's a free program with no nags.

I'll give it a try. (here's the link btw for anyone else who is interested: http://www.gadwin.com/printscreen/). Fraps shows you that you've taken a shot only when it shows framerate as well (a black box encircles the fps count).

Let the Beast inside you free!
Kestran
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 October 13, 19:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth do you get 3 bolts? Most I've got are 2 and that even with blind dates payed up full amount.

And what is it exactly besides turn ons/offs that counts for compatibility of Sims?

Oh and the picture posted above DID show 4 bolts for me at first when I first glanced at them. It wasn't until I glared close at them that it turned to 3 bolts. The bolts trick the eye. I think its the small ness and their shape. And yubb. I need/wear eyeglasses.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: