More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 10:24:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  "Baby" Child
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Baby" Child  (Read 4308 times)
AuKestrel
Corpulent Cretin

INTJ mother of an ENTP child. Halp!

View Profile
"Baby" Child
« on: 2007 August 03, 14:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did broked it, but I fixed it in SimPE. Still, the picture is kind of funny, in a sick way, so I thought I'd share.

I had to delete a custom bed that was "stuck" - flashing blue - and in the process I deleted the Sim standing next to it, a child (girl). I've done it before, no problem, so I exited the lot, came back in... and she was floating in the air by her mom. When the mom was finally able to put her down the kid lay on the ground like a quadriplegic. She was a baby but in a kid body.

Yes, you can imagine the sick jokes circulating around our living room last night.

Growing her up didn't work because, I think, the Sims couldn't pick her up. It finally occurred to me that if I could find her file in SimPE I might be able to change her age and, sure enough, after some poking I found it. I made her a toddler just because I was scared to death my game was going to self destruct because I dared to touch neighbourhood files without knowing what I was doing, and she showed up at the mailbox, still in her child body, but now with toddler interactions. THEN I was able to finally grow her up.

(My kids were all for letting her continue as a toddler in the child body just to see what would happen but alas I am not as adventurous as they are...)

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: "Baby" Child
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 06, 02:39:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read a story a while back where someone did this deliberately for storytelling purposes. They had a female Sim remain as a "baby" throughout her toddlerhood, childhood and teenhood. There were no apparent ill-effects from having done that.

However, I don't blame you for not wanting to expermient; yikes.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 15, 00:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me yesterday, except the kid was a toddler, not a baby.

I aged him back down to toddler with the sim modder, and had him grow back up, but that didn't fix it.

He finally stopped error-ing when I deleted a custom bed from the house, so it's interesting that your problem involves a custom bed too....

« Last Edit: 2007 August 15, 00:54:17 by buddha pest » Logged
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 15, 23:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I read a story a while back where someone did this deliberately for storytelling purposes. They had a female Sim remain as a "baby" throughout her toddlerhood, childhood and teenhood. There were no apparent ill-effects from having done that.

However, I don't blame you for not wanting to expermient; yikes.

There was story from a person who attempted some sort of toddler challenge, and by about the 10th kid, the toddler was still acting like a baby.  When she finished the story, she added a bit of a side note how it was a little disturbing...

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Angie
Corpulent Cretin

ISTP - "Engineer"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 16, 04:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was story from a person who attempted some sort of toddler challenge, and by about the 10th kid, the toddler was still acting like a baby.  When she finished the story, she added a bit of a side note how it was a little disturbing...

I think you might be referring to JulieJaz's 10 Kid Challenge.  Here's a link to Chapter 1, though I don't think the glitchiness starts until chapter 3 or 4.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=104465&asset_type=story&user_id=504931
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 30, 07:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is, since they can't be picked up, they can't be fed or bathed, and without some kind of hack I guess they'd die.

I once did this deliberately to Angela Pleasant and the social worker came for her, but of course, was unable to remove her!

I had a similar thing happen to one of twins, who grew up to a toddler and the game continued to treat her as a baby, but she was unlinked so the parents (Nylissit and Whatisname Tricou) were unable to interact with her.  I eventually deleted her, exited and went into SimPE and grew her back down to a baby, she appeared at the mailbox and everything was ok, except, of course, she was now several sim days younger than her twin!  And I had no custom content on the lot at all.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: