More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 13:26:19

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hacks needed desperately
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hacks needed desperately  (Read 6476 times)
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Hacks needed desperately
« on: 2007 July 28, 21:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few of the newer behaviors from Pets/SEasons are driving me nuts.  (alright, I probably already was but it's getting worse)

Kids dancing on adults feet.   Once in a while would be okay but not constantly anytime I don't have everyone totally occupied with something else.

Water balloon fights.   On a hot summer day, maybe,  but in a thunderstorm or the middle of winter?  Or the middle of the night if they are still awake.  Again,  once in a while in a sensible situation would be fine but not whenever I haven't directed them to do something else. 

Bedmaking.   ARghhhhh.   I have had three and four sims show up in the same room to make a bed.   In a dorm they come back from class and immediately head for unmade beds.  In a home they do the same coming home from work.  It doesn't matter whose beds (as long as they are double beds.  They rarely bother with singles.)   Can the call radius of the unmade beds be reduced?   

So.  Has anyone anywhere already made hacks for these situations?   I haven't found them anywhere I have checked.   If no one already has made them could I beg one of the wonderful modders here to make them?

hedgekat
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Hacks needed desperately
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 28, 21:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are fixes for all of these things, some of them on this very site. Have you tried actually looking through the forums to find them?

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 28, 21:59:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EP3 required:no autonomous dancing on toes
no autonomous water balloon fight

Dunno about the bedmaking one. My sims never make their beds anyway as I use Macrotastics. You could try that, I suppose. Smiley

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 28, 22:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another alternative for dancing on toes (that I use myself) is by monique @ MTS2. Sims will do it autonomously anyway, but only if their fun is below 50%.

Bedmaking can be easily stopped with abortbedmaking. Sims will go make beds anyway, but you can cancel the action like most other autonomous actions.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
hedgekat
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 29, 00:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the links.   That will solve two of my problems.  And found a couple of mods for things I didn't mention. 

I have had the abort bedmaking mod for a long time.  And of course that stops it but they keep generating the action over and over until I let someone make the bed.   They weren't so insistent about it before.  Or maybe I notice it more since putting double beds in my dorms. 

Notveryawesome:  I did check all the sections of this forum that I thought had hacks without finding anything relevant.  I already have nearly all of JM's, Crammyboy's and Twojeff's hacks in my game.  This forum is always my first stop for any game problem I have.      As for checking others,  I stop by Insimenator and MTS2  regularly but with a very slow dialup connection  I can only visit a small number of the many pages available at any one time.   Much easier to ask for leads from others who may have already found what I am looking for.

Thought of another thing that has been bothering me.   I already have Jm's nobuskers mod but that apparently only works on residential lots.   To stop my uni students from doing it I have to put the piano on the roof whenever I am not specifically wanting someone to practice.   
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 29, 01:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an "official" hack, but maybe you should have some relief with this I made for me. It does not stop sims to go practice or perform on instruments, but makes them stop when fun is 100%.
It's quite 'rough', but it works, if you want to give it a try Smiley.

* marhis-stopplayiffun100.package (2.01 KB - downloaded 166 times.)

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 29, 02:28:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, the new avatar looks like a gremlin had it's way with an ewok.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 29, 02:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Marhis, I'll give this a try too, I don't often play with instruments because the sims compulsion with them annoys me.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
baaaflatfit
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 29, 03:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought of another thing that has been bothering me.   I already have Jm's nobuskers mod but that apparently only works on residential lots.   To stop my uni students from doing it I have to put the piano on the roof whenever I am not specifically wanting someone to practice.

JFade at djssims has a great fix here and on next page:  http://www.djssims.com/index.php?skip=30&category=10 

Max
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 29, 05:57:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not an "official" hack, but maybe you should have some relief with this I made for me. It does not stop sims to go practice or perform on instruments, but makes them stop when fun is 100%.
It's quite 'rough', but it works, if you want to give it a try Smiley.

Marhis, this is exactly what I was looking for, something that allows them to play, but makes them stop too! What I'd been doing to make sims stop playing the instruments is serving a meal and calling all guests to grab a plate Cheesy

Thankyou, will try out your hack.

[edit] Works great! Thanks again!

P.S Marhis, your pm inbox is full Wink
« Last Edit: 2007 July 29, 09:31:02 by Emma » Logged

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 29, 08:42:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had the abort bedmaking mod for a long time.  And of course that stops it but they keep generating the action over and over until I let someone make the bed.   They weren't so insistent about it before.  Or maybe I notice it more since putting double beds in my dorms. 

I'm not sure if anything changed with Seasons, as I haven't installed it yet, but usually you just have to queue other actions after cancelling the 'make bed' action, and the sim(s) will forget about the bed-making. This is with abortbedmaking installed, of course. Otherwise, the sim(s) will insist on making the bed, with no way to cancel the action.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 30, 06:56:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Marhis, I tried your mod, works pretty well ( thanks Smiley ), but I did notice one thing that could use a tweak:

Sims cancel playing the instrument when Fun is full, even if the player directed them to do it... so playing instruments no longer works well for upping skills. I would think the ideal fix would be to just cancel the autonomous music-playing when Fun is full?

I can tell I'd be fired within a week if I worked at EA. There are so many issues that greatly mess up the game and could be fixed in minutes, I'd be a complete pain-in-the-ass until they were all gone, or I was. Smiley
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 30, 07:01:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use something other than the instruments for creativity skill building. I tend to use the easels or computers myself 'cos they make moolah while skill building Grin

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 30, 07:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the sims are broke, I uses easels cos they are a lot cheaper than computers and generate income.  If they aren't broke, I go for a piano - that builds skills faster according to that war room thread of Pescado's and if they can afford a piano, they don'r need the money from selling crappy paintings.  Even better is the slacker aspiration reward with a tutor.  Fast skill building plus money.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 30, 10:40:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use something other than the instruments for creativity skill building.

Well of course I can do that - my point was just that the mod would be improved if it only cancelled autonomous instrument use. Smiley

Even better would be if it (or another mod) could remove performing for tips on residential lots. It's annoying and really weird to have a teen drop a cup for tips on the floor of the living room, and have house guests run from all over to toss money into it. Smiley
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 30, 11:17:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well of course I can do that - my point was just that the mod would be improved if it only cancelled autonomous instrument use. Smiley
They have to stop playing sometime.  Otherwise they'll just go on until they starve to death.

Even better would be if it (or another mod) could remove performing for tips on residential lots.
One of Pescado's hacks do that, not sure which one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 30, 11:34:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even better would be if it (or another mod) could remove performing for tips on residential lots.
One of Pescado's hacks do that, not sure which one.

It's "nobuskers", to be found in the Hack Directory Smiley

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 30, 11:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims cancel playing the instrument when Fun is full, even if the player directed them to do it... so playing instruments no longer works well for upping skills. I would think the ideal fix would be to just cancel the autonomous music-playing when Fun is full?

Great minds think alike  Grin. That was indeed my original plan, but I was in a hurry and threw the half-baked mod in as-is, then forget about, as it was ok enough for my actual gameplay: that's why I labeled it as "rough" and not yet officially released.
One day or another I would refine that better for sure, if I can manage (or noone else do in the meantime).

------
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: