More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 10:58:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ford Focus for Download at Official Site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ford Focus for Download at Official Site  (Read 17126 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Ford Focus for Download at Official Site
« on: 2007 July 26, 23:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the title says, get it HERE
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Ford Focus for Download at Official Site
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 26, 23:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It won't install with clean installer. I had to use the default Maxis installer, but it said that it installed ok.

Thanks for the link.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 26, 23:47:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how much Ford paid EA Games for that bit of publicity.  Will it start a trend?  Inquiring minds want to know.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 27, 00:13:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, this is the second Ford car in the last six months. Smiley They came out with the Mustang in what, February? March?

Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 27, 01:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather enjoy a certain number of "real" items in the game.

I don't mind EA advertising in this manner at all. 

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 27, 01:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how much Ford paid EA Games for that bit of publicity.  Will it start a trend?  Inquiring minds want to know.
It's a continuation of an existing trend, I think this is the third real life car they've put up a download for.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 27, 02:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather enjoy a certain number of "real" items in the game.

I don't mind EA advertising in this manner at all. 

It's just fine for free downloads.   Smiley  The H.M. Stuff pack is still irritating, though.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 02:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really mind the H&M pack, honestly. Most of the stuff in there that has the logo is also available without the logo, so you can still use all the stuff and never ever see the H&M logo. Of course, I also actually liked the clothing, so...

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 27, 03:05:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a continuation of an existing trend, I think this is the third real life car they've put up a download for.

Third? Drat! I am missing a car ... what is the third one?  I only have the two Fords...

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 27, 04:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that Ford is advertising a car that hasn't been released to the public, yet. It says coming out in September. I don't mind them advertising cars at all. 'smatter of fact, one a month would be nice!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 27, 04:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for buying American!

well, downloading...

Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 27, 04:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of like that real companies are finding their way into games - I think Ford and other car companies already made an impact on different kinds of car games and if it helps keeping the cost of the game down, then so much better. I see it as a win for everybody - I, the player get a realistic real car, the sponsoring company gets some PR and Maxis get some of the development cost reduced.

About Sven-Göran Eriksson:
The press were on his back because a) he's foreign, b bad news/slaggin someone off sells papers and c) he can pull fitter birds than those alcoholic gobshite fleetstreet hacks could dream about
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 27, 05:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Third? Drat! I am missing a car ... what is the third one?  I only have the two Fords...

I think one of the EP's had a Yaris as a bonus item. I think those are by Toyota. It probably came out when Nightlife was out. I found it on a site that had all the bonus items up for download.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 27, 05:14:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

there is the HotRod and the Fiat Punto (Numenor made it recolorable) --> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=126395

Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 27, 06:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The real car isn't released in America yet? We have it in Australia, and by coincidence it is the car I drive. As it is my very first brand new car in almost 30 years of driving, I love it. The car magazine reviews were favorable about it, if that means anything.
 My sims are getting this right now, and if someone makes recolors I'll bloat my downloads folder with them too  Grin
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 27, 09:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All modern cars look the same to me...
I'm not sure why ford is doing this.  I don't think the Sheep are in any position to buy a car, and simmers who aren't sheep aren't going to buy a type of car just because their sim has one.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 27, 10:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YESSSSS - they made a version for those of us without Nightlife!!!  Having every sim in the 'hood driving around in a Mustang spoiled it really!

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Tamha
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 27, 13:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually curious if cars older than the Mustang work with the Car Kit for non-NL games? Anyone without NL try?

A mean person laughs with you because they don't really mean it. A really mean person just laughs at you.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 27, 14:25:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those of you with sim-Trepies in your game should download this.

Because its what Real Trepies drive.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 27, 16:20:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who can't seem to get this car into their downloads folder? I downloaded it multiple times, and the package installer and clean installer can't seem to do the job.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 27, 16:29:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never use an installer for Maxis-made downloads because they don't seem to work properly with the self-extracting files.  I just double-click on the icon of the downloaded item.  A window pops up with a description of the item and asks if you want to install it.  Click yes, and it's done.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 27, 16:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never use an installer for Maxis-made downloads because they don't seem to work properly with the self-extracting files.  I just double-click on the icon of the downloaded item.  A window pops up with a description of the item and asks if you want to install it.  Click yes, and it's done.

I did. Normally they go to the downloads folder, yes? Well, they aren't. Unless they are in the teleport folder, which would be a little weird.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 27, 16:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did that too and it doesn't show up in my downloads folder either. I don't know where it went since it said it installed.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 27, 16:46:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it goes to your Teleport folder, and is moved to the Downloads folder once you start the game.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 27, 17:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually quite sad in an hysterically funny kind of way. Ford is now haemorrhaging more cash per annum than it so recently had in surpluses that it used to buy up "premier" brands like Volvo and Jaguar. I don't know about the situation in the Americas, but in Euroland Ford has progressively migrated assembly operations further and further east. Vans, for example, are now built in Turkey and then shippped back to Southampton to have the gremlins installed. Exceptions to this rule, oddly enough, include the eurp version of the Focus, the robotic assembly of which is supervised by retired Belgian chocolatiers in Gent.

I have way too much time on my hands ....  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: