More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 17:21:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Hide Face Archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla *UPDATE* Hide any faces you want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hide Face Archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla *UPDATE* Hide any faces you want  (Read 8316 times)
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Hide Face Archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla *UPDATE* Hide any faces you want
« on: 2007 July 10, 02:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I apologize if this has been done before. *ducks* I searched here, MTS2 and Insim and didn't see anything, but I notoriously fail at searching for anything.

These files will hide facial archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla (numbered according to the order that they normally show up in Body Shop/CAS). The Cper and Csla faces are missing some data, so only the adults display correctly. Other ages revert to another default or the mannequin. Most of my playables are ex-townies; I got sick of these archetypes peeing in my sims' gene pool.

With these hiders installed, hidden archetypes won't show up at for young adults. In Body Shop and CAS, they will show up out of their usual order, but the game won't use them to generate townies/NPCs.

All I did was apply Jordi's method for hiding hair/clothes, described here, to Motoki's idea. I changed the "Face Arch XML" flags from 0x00000000 to 0x00000001. So thanks Jordi and thanks Motoki (wherever you are nowadays). Baa!

They should work whether you have default face replacements or not.

Install/uninstall like you would any other download. Subfolder-friendly AFAIK.

I haven't had any luck getting the alien template to show with this method, or getting the 26Eelf template to work like the others (i.e. show up on townies). It doesn't help that I am a lazy and impatient amateur.

Hiders for the rest of the archetypes coming soonish. Done. Attachment updated. Hider files included for all except 26Eelf, which doesn't show up on non-playables anyway. If, for some reason, you decide to hide all the original archetypes, your game will only generate mannequin faces (unless you have the Hillary Duff face or something like that).

UPDATE:
Argon fixed the broken archetypes. He also made the Alien archetype visible. Since I was too lazy to make another thread, I posted full base templates for 21Cper, 25Csla, and the Alien archetype in that thread, as well as files that add the Alien and 26Eelf archetypes to the townie pool. (See replies #5, #9, and #11 in his thread.)
I no longer need to hide any of the faces, but if anybody else wants to for any reason, I have updated the files here using a couple of tips I learned from Argon. Now they display in the familiar order for all ages and they show up properly for young adults. They won't replace the old files I had up here. (Why should they? That would make too much sense, and I don't have any good sense.)

* HIDEArch_Fixed.rar (12.34 KB - downloaded 352 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 18, 19:40:42 by terrakosmos » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: Hide Face Archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 11, 23:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be because the alien template is in the "hide in cas" collection (see globalcatbin.bundle.package) so it won't show up even in debug mode. It has to be removed from that collection and added to another for it to show up, it's very time consuming and frustrating because you have to manually find the references to the correct xml by looking at each one.

EDIT: Wait, why are we even hiding these instead of fixing them? It looks like the only reason they weren't showing up in CAS when Motoki tried it was because they weren't added to the archetype collection, I had the same problem enabling the alien skin fitness textures but they're working perfectly now.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 11, 23:31:24 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 12, 00:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be because the alien template is in the "hide in cas" collection (see globalcatbin.bundle.package) so it won't show up even in debug mode. It has to be removed from that collection and added to another for it to show up, it's very time consuming and frustrating because you have to manually find the references to the correct xml by looking at each one.

EDIT: Wait, why are we even hiding these instead of fixing them? It looks like the only reason they weren't showing up in CAS when Motoki tried it was because they weren't added to the archetype collection, I had the same problem enabling the alien skin fitness textures but they're working perfectly now.

If they could be fixed--and better yet, working replacement templates made so we could futz with them like with the others--that would be beyond awesome.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 12, 01:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they could be fixed--and better yet, working replacement templates made so we could futz with them like with the others--that would be beyond awesome.
I thought about doing that but I wasn't sure anyone would be interested. I have some ready with my own faces, but not the original templates. It wouldn't be hard to do though and I will if you'd like.

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 12, 01:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought about doing that but I wasn't sure anyone would be interested. I have some ready with my own faces, but not the original templates. It wouldn't be hard to do though and I will if you'd like.

I would be geeked beyond reason, and I bet AllenABQ (who did the original face template replacement set) and others who've made replacement templates would be interested too!

(Incidentally though, terrakosmos, hiding the two faulty ones is a fine idea also, and I thank you for posting them!)

Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 12, 01:11:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am new here so should i start a new thread for this or just add to this one? It feels like hijacking to use this thread, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to start a new thread.

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 12, 01:19:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am new here so should i start a new thread for this or just add to this one? It feels like hijacking to use this thread, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I don't know how to start a new thread.

Heh, just go to the main Peasantry page and hit the "New Topic" button.  Smiley

Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 12, 01:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, I'm a dolt!

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 12, 01:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hid them because I wanted a quick and dirty solution. Fixing them is a job for someone moreawesomethanme, like Ennarys. Smiley Also, some people might want some faces nuked just for kicks. Re: the first part of your post, thanks for explaining.
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 12, 14:00:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you explain how to do this? There are no XML files present for ages other than adult for Cper and Csla in the "Face Arch XML" resource. I can't figure out how to create one.

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: Hide Face Archetypes 21Cper and 25Csla *UPDATE* Hide any faces you want
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 12, 16:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Explain how to add in the missing ones? I can do better than that, I can provide the fix and explain how to do something similar to it Grin
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9028.0.html

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: