More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 03:22:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!  (Read 146559 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!
« on: 2007 July 12, 16:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are the Cper (21) and Csla (25) archetypes fixed in exactly the same way I enabled the alien and zombie fitness textures. All the models were already in the game, I've just linked them for Toddler-Elder and sorted them so they're in the same order as the existing adult archetype. Since this just controls the references, any archetype replacements will work without a problem as long as they replaced the models for each age.

How it's done: the missing xml files are created (property set/face arch/texture overlay/etc.) with the 3IDR (referencing model/textures/etc.) using the same id. Then it is linked to an existing collection for that type of object using a BINX (the part everyone skips so it doesn't work, Maxis calls them "frag keys" in cas debug mode). Ordinarily it's a separate BINX and 3IDR located in globalcatbin.bundle.package, but I prefer to copy the way Maxis did it for the alien skintone and throw all the references into the BINX and to avoid the need to create a separate 3IDR.

If anyone knows of more missing items like this or the alien & zombie skintone fixes, let me know and I'd be happy to fix them.

EDIT: Alien archetype unhidden, see argon_alienarch.rar

* argon_archfix.rar (1.37 KB - downloaded 37163 times.)
* argon_alienarch.rar (0.49 KB - downloaded 20191 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 13, 05:27:20 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Cper and Csla Archetypes - Now with 100% more working than the competition!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 12, 16:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Now if only I can muster the energy/enthusiasm to actually replace these faces again... Maybe in a year.

Edit: While you're at it, why don't you "fix" the eelf and alien templates? I know you said it would be frustrating, but a lot of people would appreciate it, I think.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 12, 16:53:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Now if only I can muster the energy/enthusiasm to actually replace these faces again... Maybe in a year.

LOL!  Me too, especially since there were no templates made for the non-adult ages by AllenABQ, and someone will have to make some following Motoki's original instructions...

ETA: EEE, IT WORKS!!  *Is geeked*

Argon, it has just occurred to me that in order for templates based on the missing faces to work, your fix will be absolutely required.  Would you be willing to allow me to bundle it with my replacement set at MTS2 for download (with credit and a link, obviously)?  Just for the sake of convenience and completeness...

And thank you (and to Ennarys for trying) for taking care of this problem; I've been hoping for a fix for a long time.  Smiley
« Last Edit: 2007 July 12, 17:01:31 by AmberDiceless » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 12, 17:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, when I started fooling around with face replacements (Nov 05) I made full base templates (minus the absent toddler files, of course) for these two faces. I need to see how AllenABQ did his naming scheme so they will match his but I can have them up shortly.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 12, 17:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Amber, when I started fooling around with face replacements (Nov 05) I made full base templates (minus the absent toddler files, of course) for these two faces. I need to see how AllenABQ did his naming scheme so they will match his but I can have them up shortly.

Oh, that's awesome, terrakosmos!  Thanks!

ETA:  The other thing that occurs to me is, if it's possible to do this, would it also be possible to make entirely new templates (to exceed 27 sets)?  Hmm.

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 12, 17:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go!

(Whew! I usually just cram all 8 faces for each archetype into 1 package. They're easier to keep track of that way.)

* Complete2125.rar (544.19 KB - downloaded 1922 times.)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 12, 18:50:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon, it has just occurred to me that in order for templates based on the missing faces to work, your fix will be absolutely required.  Would you be willing to allow me to bundle it with my replacement set at MTS2 for download (with credit and a link, obviously)?  Just for the sake of convenience and completeness...

It wouldn't be required per say, the models are already there but they just won't show up for the other ages. It should be possible to add new archetypes, since that's essentially what I did, I just haven't tested making an entirely new set. I'm assuming you can just use the hash generator in SimPE to come up with a unique family id.

I'll check on the alien template and see what I can do, but I haven't a clue as to why the eelf archetype doesn't show on townies (yet). It could be that it's added to another collection that I haven't found yet.

*Edited because my "t" key is stupid
« Last Edit: 2007 July 12, 18:55:46 by Argon » Logged

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Ennarys
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 13, 00:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much! Thank you for the explanation as well it has been driving me to distraction (and I still don't really get it). Thank goodness you're more awesome than me!

Your ears hear but you don't listen,
Your eyes look but you don't see,
You complain about things gone wrong,
And then put the blame upon me.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 13, 06:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alien archetype unhidden, see first post

Archetypes with a flag value set at 9 still show up in CAS (the normal flag value is set at 0), my guess is that this hides the archetype from the townie pool. So if I'm right, setting the flag value of eelf to zero should allow it in the townie pool, but I'll leave that for someone else to do. For right now, I'm going to experiment with creating a new archetype to see if it actually works.

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 13, 11:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

alien archetype unhidden, see first post

Archetypes with a flag value set at 9 still show up in CAS (the normal flag value is set at 0), my guess is that this hides the archetype from the townie pool. So if I'm right, setting the flag value of eelf to zero should allow it in the townie pool, but I'll leave that for someone else to do. For right now, I'm going to experiment with creating a new archetype to see if it actually works.

Thanks for unhiding the alien. I'll have a much easier time making an archetype to base a Pol Tech replacement off of. I imagine folks will be wanting the gmdcs extracted to make replacing easier... I think I have them, so I can age/gender separate them (a la AllenABQ) like I did 21 & 25. Stay tuned.

Re: the normal flag value-- boy, do I feel stupid. I did change the flags on the eelf face to 0 in one of my experiments, but I thought since its order was changed like the other archs I hid and it wasn't showing up for young adults, I had accidentally hid it instead. Changing the flags to 0 does randomize the template, for all ages except YA. So before I upload the file, I'd like to:
A) Make it show up in the right order (like you did w/ 21 & 25)... How do I go about doing that?
B) Make it show up for young adults. ETA: I was able to do this by extracting the af/am XFCHs from the Uni program files. Changing the flags on those made things show/randomize properly, but since the age is 0x00000048 instead of 0x00000008, will doing it this way work for folks without Uni?

Edit: Here are the extracted GMDCs for the Alien template for all you face replacers out there.

* AlienGMDC.rar (271.73 KB - downloaded 1521 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 13, 15:38:34 by terrakosmos » Logged
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 13, 22:38:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting the age to 48 won't cause problems for people with the base game, a lot of the official downloads do the same thing. The sorting thing is caused by the fact that the package is in the downloads folder, just add a product-dtUInteger-0x00000001 to the xml files and they'll get sorted like normal. The sorting system is weird, items can be in the same collection with sort indexes (defined in BINX) that place them around each other, but if the product value is higher or does not exist they will be listed first.

terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 14, 01:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attached are files that add the Elf and Alien faces to the NPC/townie pool. Huzzah.

* Randomize_26EelfArch.rar (0.52 KB - downloaded 9486 times.)
* Randomize_AlienArch.rar (0.51 KB - downloaded 6278 times.)
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 14, 08:48:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Argon,

You can add new sets - have a look at this package I did based on the Jeannette face. It's not complete & only shows up in body Shop but it might help you figure out what to do.

There's also a good write up by Wes_H on adding dog collars over at MTS2 that explains how all the keys work together, I found it very informative when I was getting the overlays working.

I am glad you are tacking this Smiley I can scratch it off my list now!

Morague

* JeanetteFaceOnly.zip (42.88 KB - downloaded 1397 times.)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 14, 22:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I've already had luck getting a new complete template to show up. I'm just running into snags getting the new model to show up (renamed) but that's most likely due to something stupid I've done, I should get it fixed soon then I can release it.

**UPDATE**
Finished, apparently the version-dtUInteger-0x00000002 is needed for the archetype to show up in yacas. This is an entirely new archetype based on my self sim, because I was too lazy to come up with anything else, and will show up at the end of the list in cas. Because the flag is not set to 9, this show also appear on townies. It has toddler-elder, male & female enabled.

* argon arch.rar (270.39 KB - downloaded 2530 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 15, 00:32:01 by Argon » Logged

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 15, 00:54:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, but I've already had luck getting a new complete template to show up. I'm just running into snags getting the new model to show up (renamed) but that's most likely due to something stupid I've done, I should get it fixed soon then I can release it.

**UPDATE**
Finished, apparently the version-dtUInteger-0x00000002 is needed for the archetype to show up in yacas. This is an entirely new archetype based on my self sim, because I was too lazy to come up with anything else, and will show up at the end of the list in cas. Because the flag is not set to 9, this show also appear on townies. It has toddler-elder, male & female enabled.

AWESOMESAUCE!

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 15, 02:19:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry for the double post, but Argon, would it be possible to use your template as a base to make more (that won't conflict with it?)  And would you be willing to explain how for those of us who are less than thoroughly awesome?  *Puppy eyes*

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 15, 02:46:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Certainly, I'll write up a tutorial soon but it might be a while since I'm on vacation at the moment. It would be really easy to modify this template for new ones though, all you have to do is change the group (like what bodyshop does), then rename and re-reference the models. The sorting can be changed, I just copied it from the alien archtype unlocker I made so I could finish it quick.

Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 04, 17:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here you go!

Okay, this is potentially a "doh!"-type question, but—are the adult facefile files in this set intended to replace the ones for the same templates made by AllenABQ or anyone else (AllenABQ_facefile_adultfemale21-cper.package, etc.)? I ask this because his facefile files are three times larger than these, and the (for example) amArchCper_tslocator_gdmc contains a lot of data in the Model Section in Allen's version, whereas this version has nothing in that section.

Maybe I'm way off base here, but then, that's what questions are for!   Grin

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
terrakosmos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 05, 04:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hegelian, the files I uploaded are base templates for making your own replacement 21 and/or 25 templates. Replaced templates are larger in file size. For example, if you look at AllenABQ's face replacements, you'll see they're larger than his base templates. You'll also notice that his replacement files have his name at the beginning, eg "AllenABQ_facefile...", while the base template filenames are just "facefile..."
So no, the base templates aren't supposed to replace anything. They're supposed to be replaced!
Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 05, 18:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! Doh!!   Grin

Do we know if anyone has made actual face replacements yet with with templates?

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 06, 01:39:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah! Doh!!   Grin

Do we know if anyone has made actual face replacements yet with with templates?

I have, actually.  I just haven't finished the other revisions I want to make to my template set before I upload them.

Hegelian
Undead Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 06, 03:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, cool!   Cool

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2008 October 22, 08:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is some very serious necromancy, but I think I'm either confused or doing something very wrong with this template fix.

I married someone with one of the 'broken' face templates into one of my families (Sim State dormie with black hair in braid pigtails, black shirt red skirt). Aware that there might be some problems with her face template, I put this fix in my game. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be helping.

So far she's had two kids and both are expressing what looks like face one features. I aged up the elder child and she doesn't show her mother's features until she turns into a young adult. I'm guessing the same thing will be true about the second child. Since there's a third child on the way, I figured I'd frankenstein this thread back to life and see if anyone knew WTF.

Does this need to be in the game before the sim with the template is generated? Does it not help sims that are already created with the template? Is there anything I can do to fix this so the kids show their correct features earlier than young adult? At least so they show when they're teens? Help? :}

Argon
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2008 October 22, 08:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do the matching face templates show up in CAS and Bodyshop?

Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2008 October 22, 15:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the fix does not work with existing sims. The templates for all lifestages seem to be saved in the sim itself. I tested this with premade sim Jared Starchild from Sim State uni, he's got one of the borked face templates. With fix in, I extracted him with SimPE and aged him down in body shop - and he had face template 1 for all other lifestages. Then I turned him back to YA, went and clicked on the correct template from the face template menu, and then it was fine for all ages.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: