More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 07:47:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does the Clothing Tool work for young adults?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does the Clothing Tool work for young adults?  (Read 4956 times)
valentinegirl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Does the Clothing Tool work for young adults?
« on: 2005 October 09, 00:50:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have NL installed and wanted to use one of my fave hacks on my townie uni students as some of them are wearing the strangest outfits. So I made the townie students and dormies selectable and got them to pick new clothes with the clothing tool. The first part of the tool worked fine - you could buy a new outfit, but when it came to actually dressing the sims the only option was for a naked body! I chose this for one sim just to try it out and he remained butt naked walking around the dorms as though there was no problem.

I have never played UNI before installing NL so I was wondering - was the clothing tool ever intended to be used on young adults or am I just messing way too much with game code trying to select dormies and townies then instructing them to use it?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Does the Clothing Tool work for young adults?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 09, 05:00:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dormies and townies, as members of the townie family, do not have a wardrobe inventory. Therefore, attempting to make them plan outfits results in failure: When somebody plans, it always uses the wardrobe of HIS family, not the current family.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 09, 13:37:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'd have to move them into the bin, move them into a house or dorm, reclothe them, then turn them back into dormies!  Is it worth all that effort?  However, you can use the plastic surgery thingie on them and make them look a bit more presentable, and you can also change their hair and make-up.  At least you could make the heads match the odd-looking clothes!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 09, 13:59:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh, I do this all the time even after NL and it works for me. I make them selectable, kaching my household 1k, use the clothing tool, buy them enough stuff to come out to around 1k, and plan their outfits? I dunno, maybe it's the old only have one outfit bug or something because it definitely works for me.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 09, 17:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'll maybe try that sometime, but at present I have no townies!  At least, according to SimPE there are 2 or 3, but I've never seen them, so they may be in the main neighbourhood which I haven't played yet, I'm still getting all my new sims through college!  However, what I thought was that the clothes that look ridiculous on the townies was probably because the hairstyle and make-up was wrong, like a goth head on a granny-style dress, or punk clothes with a "nice mommy" hairstyle!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 09, 18:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very anal about my townies. Whenever I see one, I always grab them and give them surgery, a makeover and a new outfit lol. I think I've gotten most of them now, I just have to watch and make sure I remember to copy over their new facial structure to their DNA facial structure in SimPE if I decide to have one breed with any of my or else that parent may be in for a suprise.  Shocked

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 09, 22:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like a mouth big enough to swallow a battleship?  Or a nose like a jumbo-jet? Cheesy

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 10, 01:51:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes I have had a number of townies like that. Why Maxis seems to think such hideously deformed facial features are funny or otherwise good to have in our games as templates for all the townies and npcs is beyond me.

Back on topic, tonight I tried the clothing tool and even though I swear it was working before with NL, it no longer is now. :p Only things I can think of is either the old non NL version of the clothing tool which I was using before it was updated works better with npcs, the global part of it, which I wan't using before, is somehow causing this or it's conflict with some other hack.

At any rate, I used Inge's shrub to move the townie in, kachinged myself 1k, bought 1k worth of clothes for her, planned her outfit, gave her surgery and used Inge's bush to move her back into the townie bin. It's a multi step process but better than looking at some sim that got beat with the ugly stick and needs to have the fashion police called on them.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 10, 07:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Off-topic, but talking about the shrub, I've come up against something odd.  I have a CAS sim with the woohoo LTW and i thought it would be nice to let him satisfy it before he leaves Uni so he can go to the neighbourhood and settle down.  Well, I built a nice large log cabin with just two bathrooms downstairs, a bedroom upstairs and a small roof area with a hot-tub, then changed LotZoning to community, put in a clothing display, espresso bar and kitchen area.  I then put a flamingo of happiness in the basement, a teleporter shrub outside and the mind-control mirror inside, changed the ,mailbox and trashcan for a community phone and community trashcan, saved, exited and sent Kane there to start on his mission in life!  Well, although he could get rid of unwanted NPCs, he couldn't get rid of any of the visitors to the lot.  However, if I used the shrub to clear the lot, then transported one of his very close friends in, they could get rid of unwanted visitors, but nothing could get rid of Kane's live-in partner who was regarded by the game as family.  I tried using the mirror to get Aron to leave, but he didn't get the "go home" option from the phone, he got the "call taxi" one, and when I tried this, not only did he go, but Kane did too.  I tried taking out the go home icon from his queue and sent him to the bathroom, but as soon as he'd had a pee, off he went!  (It's not the first time I've built a lot like this, but only in the main neighbourhood, this is the first time in Uni.)  Any idea what I've done wrong?

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 10, 18:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Goodness.  All this and you're *still* having problems getting Sims to permanent platinum status?  Perhaps you're getting distracted by all the shinyness. Smiley

Why is this a community lot?  Why are you trying to get rid of Kane's live in partner?  If you want to get rid of him so Kane can woohoo the entire college directory, why not move him out?  If you want them to live together, wait until Aron's in class or sleeping, or perhaps woohoo in the car.

The whole situation is way too complex and wonderful.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 10, 19:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I woke up at 5am and was reading ZZ's explanation and was just like "Huh?"  Huh

So, you made a community lot in the University town and the sims were leaving it but you didn't want them to?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 10, 19:22:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have NL yet, so the car is not on, and there is another sim in the house too, so I don't think doing it while Aron is in class is an option, you know how sims gossip!  But from what I understand, if you have public woohoo and woohoo in bed or hot tub, that counts as two different sims, so if I get him to have ten public woohoos it won't take so long!  And since there's a hot-tub and bed available at Fernando's Hideaway, and the sim who's just joined the public woohoo is hot to trot, why not go the whole way and satisfy his woohoo in bed/hot tub wants at the same time!  I thought I could just leave him there for a few days until he reached his goal!

osted by: Motoki 
Insert Quote
LOL I woke up at 5am and was reading ZZ's explanation and was just like "Huh?" 

So, you made a community lot in the University town and the sims were leaving it but you didn't want them to?

That's about it, Motoki!  But I couldn't get my sim to ban anyone but NPCs from the lot, which meant that I couldn't just ban his partner, and when I used the mirror to get the partner fo leave, they both left!

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 11, 01:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why Maxis seems to think such hideously deformed facial features are funny or otherwise good to have in our games as templates for all the townies and npcs is beyond me.

My son plays Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the X-Box.  Talk about some ugly townies!  The ugliest townie in all of Sims 2 is absolutely gorgeous compared to some of the characters wandering the streets of San Andreas.  I'm not kidding!

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 11, 05:01:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think what it boils down to is it's impossible really to choose names for sims that are totally unique - somewhere in the world there will be someone with a similar or identical name - so they make the sims as unlike a real human being as possible to reduce the risk of getting sued!  If you notice, it's generally the ones with fairly normal and common names (that noone can really complain about) that aren't so ugly!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: